Clear All

Hmm... I for one did not hear his first name
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

My guess is that it was made just for Atlantis
      __

__

Comment

What's so weird is, I could have sworn I'd heard his first name mentioned... But it must have been my imagination.
        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

of course...make Mckay look dorky in his atlantis uniform...

that uniform makes him look fat! SG-1 uniforms would look thinner on him!

he needs something to make you wanna say "look hat him! he's smart! and seksay!"

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
          Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
          Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
            What's so weird is, I could have sworn I'd heard his first name mentioned... But it must have been my imagination.
            You aren't alone in that. I'd swear he introduced himself to Carter as "Call me Rodney" or something, but it doesn't seem to be in the transcripts...

Comment

I went over transcripts also. There is no refrence to his name being mentioned
              __

__

Comment

Like the Rodney name.Kinda fits the image I have of Dr McKay.

Loved the chemistry between McKay and Sam Carter.

(Really hoping for great things for David Hewlett too! )

Main hope is that the SGA Team "Gels",and that RM becomes a fully developed character,and is truly valued by the writers etc.......IMO,he's got a pretty good chance of becoming my fave already!
                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

The chemistry was great and clever. Not too much, yet not too little
                  __

__

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    You aren't alone in that. I'd swear he introduced himself to Carter as "Call me Rodney" or something, but it doesn't seem to be in the transcripts...
                    Nope... I even watched all his scenes in 48 Hours and Redemption yesterday. Nada.

Comment

So... We are absolutely positive there was no 'introducing of the first name'?
                      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Ok,I've been doing some checking up on the source of McKay gaining his first name.....

Source:"Stargate SG-1:The Illustrated Companion S5/6" by Thomasina Gibson.

Just listed as Dr McKay in her section about "48 Hours".

Listed as Dr McKay in the Cast/Char.box.

However, in her plot expo below,TG specifically calls him "Rodney McKay".

Obviously not just an invention for SG Atlantis,then.I'm quoting from a 1st ed.
                        copy,print date:June 2003.

These Companion Books are fully authorised,etc,...so hopefully that bit of info may help !

Either that settles it,or else her text was "tweaked"!

Can't see T.Gibson letting that happen,just to name "Rodney" for Atlantis,though...........

Comment

So: Although his first name was not mentioned in the episodes he were on, the writers did have a name for him back then. Well, now we know.

Comment

Yep!

Unless anyone has different info,TG's books are about as reliable a source as we're likely to find.

(Can't vouch for "magazine" sources though. They've written up interviews and other info, incorrectly about Stargate SG-1 and the cast...and other shows too... )

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                              Unless anyone has different info,TG's books are about as reliable a source as we're likely to find.
                              Well... Not always. I believe one of her books repeatedly stated that the Tollan were one of the Four Races.

I think there were other glaring errors as well, but I can't remember. It's been a while since I read that book.

Comment

See! Even TG is fallible! I spotted some Goofs too.

She did have Rodney's name right,though,LOL.

Comment

Working...
                                X