Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teal'c
    I love McKay, I think he's hilarious! Getting David Hewlett in on Atlantis was the best idea they've come up with (Seconded by the really cool gate ) for making the show. Anyway, I'm hoping his sarcastic wit will stay, but he must develop as an actual character.
    I agree, in fact I always thought Rodney McKay should have replaced Daniel Jackson when he left the show and am now really pleased that he will be a regular on atlantis.

Oh are there any pics of this really cool gate.
    “You're a perfect devil, Dodger!” she was saying. “That's what you are! You are the devil himself!”
    “Yes, I know,” I said, loving to look at her, to see the anger pumping her so full of life. “And I love to hear you say it, Charlotte. I need to hear you say it. I don't think anyone will ever say it quite like you do. Come on, say it again. I'm a perfect devil. Tell me how bad I am. It makes me feel so good!”

Comment

Originally posted by Dodger
      I agree, in fact I always thought Rodney McKay should have replaced Daniel Jackson when he left the show and am now really pleased that he will be a regular on atlantis.
      McKay is more of a scientist like Carter than a linguist/sociopolitical geek like Daniel. Ye gods, can you imagine McKay trying to conduct delicate negotiations with an alien species?? He'd be worse than Jack! And that's really saying something.

Comment

I don't really think that McKay could have ever replaced Daniel. Rodney and Sam would be arguing too much for my liking. Great to see him in Atlantis though
        __

__

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          McKay is more of a scientist like Carter than a linguist/sociopolitical geek like Daniel. Ye gods, can you imagine McKay trying to conduct delicate negotiations with an alien species?? He'd be worse than Jack! And that's really saying something.
          Diplomacy is definitly not one of his stong points .It could make for some interesting "let's-negotiate-while-we-have-a-nice-feast-in-the-stangers-honor" sequences.Sorta like a typical holiday get-together,and there's always that one relative that "discretion" is a very "fuzzy" concept to them .

I'm just really glad he's on board!
          nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

Comment

McKay will probably show some talent but he is also disappointed to learn that he can't operate the Ancient technology
            __

__

Comment

Maybe a Spoiler (Highlight Text Below if you don't know)
              Is it the doctor in Atlantis who has the genes to operate the Ancients equipment?
              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

No, it's Shepard
                __

__

Comment

Then are Gateworld's Atlantis Character Bio's wrong?

Comment

Actually, I thought it was BOTH of them, which is what led me to ask that question about percentages...

Comment

I could have sworn that I read that McKay was angry to find out he couldn't operate the technology and Shepherd could. I think that's correct
                      __

__

Comment

I'm just reading what gateworld says u don't have to agree though..

Comment

Was the question in a thread of mine? Yes. It's in the Human/Ancient tech thread I started.

You have something against spelling out full words, LMJ? Textspeak is the bane of modern existence...

And I dunno if it has said anywhere officially that McKay is jealous, but I'd be shocked if he wasn't.

Comment

I have nothing against spelling out full words.. i just don't see the point right now But since you seem to be catching notice of it, maybe i 'will'

Ok, yah, i wouldn't be suprised if they shows Mckay trying to operate it, and it didn't work, and he would get mad that someone else could do, but not him

Comment

I'm sure McKay would be jealous

I have to say, I hate text talk also
                              __

__

Comment

"I'm far more intelligent than those... overgrown monkeys! How come it doesn't work for me??"

Poor McKay. Always denied what he wants the most. Being a pianist. having the right genes, getting Carter...

Comment

Working...
                                X