• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kobol's Last Gleaming, Part 2 (113)

Visit the Episode GuideGALACTICA SEASON ONE
    KOBOL'S LAST GLEAMING, PART 2
    EPISODE NUMBER - 113

Adama attempts to forcibly remove Roslin from office, and presses forward in his plans to destroy the Base Ship orbiting Kobol. Starbuck successfully returns to Caprica.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 25 April 2011, 05:26 PM.

This episode contains what is probably my favorite scene in all of television.

"Life has a melody, Gaius..."

Oh yeah. ^_^

And that song rules.

Comment

I noticed something in this episode that I didn't before.

You know how Crash and Boomer jump right into Kobol's atmosphere? She said that Gaeta plotted the jump.

A few scenes before this he was drinking it up with Apollo, Crash, Dee, Baltar and Lee..he even told Baltar that he couldn't have anymore since he had a shift coming up.

Crash tells Boomer it's going to be fine, and not worry about it. I think he knew that Gaeta had a few too many and didn't want to give it away.

We find out in S2 of course that
      Spoiler:
      Gatea likes that Ambrosia drink quite a bit

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream
        This episode contains what is probably my favorite scene in all of television.

"Life has a melody, Gaius..."

Oh yeah. ^_^

And that song rules.

It´s "The Shape of things to Come" and it´s the best one in all the series

Comment

omg that was an episode...action but also feelings thats what i like... and the end...wow......

Comment

Wow, they packed a lot into that episode (although that bit where Boomer and Crashdown jumped into the atmosphere of the planet was actually in part 1).
            My favourite line was, "No-one coerces Starbuck - believe me, I've tried."
            The flying of the Raptor with nuke into the Basestar was a bit too similar to SGA Siege 2 and 3; who thought of it first? Probably both were thought of at about the same time?

I wonder when Sky Three will show Season 2? Can't wait!
            Last edited by Catsitter; 08 September 2006, 01:33 AM.
            Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

Originally posted by Annie Sheppard
              omg that was an episode...action but also feelings thats what i like... and the end...wow......

S'funny that's exactly what I was gonna say!

Did anyone noticed that when Baltar was lying on the grass, that the grass was flattened out into the shillouette of an angel with outspread wings?
              That bloke is such a ****.

I've only seen series one so don't spoil it if you know the following!: Do you reckon that this "God" that the Cylons keep banging on about is who-or whatever is the mastermind behind the Cylon plan?

Comment

Originally posted by kj16V
                Did anyone noticed that when Baltar was lying on the grass, that the grass was flattened out into the shillouette of an angel with outspread wings?
                That bloke is such a ****.
                Yeah- that was such a beautiful shot, absolutely stunning.

If you've still got all Season two to go, lucky you, there's nothing quite like seeing it all for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by kj16V
                  Do you reckon that this "God" that the Cylons keep banging on about is who-or whatever is the mastermind behind the Cylon plan?
                  Don't know about that, but I was just reading in the BSG Companion that in an early draft of the script, RDM was going to have Baltar meet (in his hallucination) some guy with a beard who would introduce himself as God, and they were hoping he would be played by the actor who played Starbuck in the original series, but then they decided against the whole thing.
                  Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

Originally posted by Catsitter
                    Don't know about that, but I was just reading in the BSG Companion that in an early draft of the script, RDM was going to have Baltar meet (in his hallucination) some guy with a beard who would introduce himself as God, and they were hoping he would be played by the actor who played Starbuck in the original series, but then they decided against the whole thing.
                    Yeah, that was in the LDYB Part II commentary.....that would have been insanely bizarre.....but they decided on the mythical baby instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                      Yeah, that was in the LDYB Part II commentary.....that would have been insanely bizarre.....but they decided on the mythical baby instead.
                      I think it would've worked, guess thats just me.
                      sigpic
                      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                        I think it would've worked, guess thats just me.
                        I thought it sounded like a very cool idea, but I'm not sure how well it would have gone down for this show- it definitly would have been a massive gamble that would either have been a "jump the shark" moment, or something brilliant- I think Ron Moore said it came down to the network not liking it, but I haven't listened in awhile to remember exactly.

Can't complain about the direction they took though.

Comment

Good ep. Lee holding the gun to Tigh was surprising. And what about the Commander getting shot. Crickey. The scene where Number 6 fought with Starbuck for the arrow was cool too.
                          Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Shame. After actually starting to get into and like the show on my marthon series 1 DVD boxset watching this weekend, These two final episodes completely spoilt the show.

I mean a stupid gold painted arrow! WTF! and theirs too much stuff about god/s. and the stupid rubbish about this arrow and the cylons love for god took it to far.

For start the arow stuff makes no sense
                            -1. its a stupid gold painted arrow (who uses arrows thousands of years in the future?)
                            -2. why out of all the stuff in the museaum was its case the only one not turned into rubble?
                            -3. If the Cylons love god and the prophacy so much why did they not take the arrow for themselves?
                            -4. Why did the Humans not take it in the 1rst place? Even if many do belive it was a load of rubbbish, surly some beliver would have saved it?
                            -5. All the god rubbish that goes with it. Not that i don't like god, its an intresting subject but i am feed up of having shows beat on about him/her/it. I get enough of it in Heroes!

Then we have the half human half cylon child. YUK. how many more sci-fi shows do I have to wtach half human half the bad guy on?
                            And the cool Dr guy is a good character by his robot in his head is getting confusing.

After that I am in no rush to watch series 2. I will stick with the much better Stargate Atlantis series 4 thank you!
                            sigpic
                            Banner Made By Me for Me
                            The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Wow, I agree that the arrow should of been more of a name for a holographic map rather than an actual arrow no idea what they are going to do with that lol

as for the ending kinda came outta no where anyway Gaius is going to be in deep doodoo when he gets back to the ship either his detector doesnt work and he lied or it does and he knowingly let a cylon loose on the Galactica what a stupid boy.
                              A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Working...
                              X