The Hand Of God (110)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is one of my favourite episodes.
    For me it's the music that shines through.

Especially at the end of the episode.

ttyl
    Starfist
    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
    To thy own self... Be true
    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
      Excellent episode just wow, loved the twist in the battle after what we thought was the plan failed. And was I the only one getting a Luke Skywalker vibe off Apollo when he was flying down that conveyor?
      Ohh and what is happening with Rosalind? Crazy stuff going on
      I rather liked that episode. I did get the Skywalker vibe too.
      sigpic
      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

"We take the tylium from the Cylons."

Wow. There's so much to praise in this episode, but the first thing to address is the brilliant theme introduced here (played triumphantly over the celebration and adding emotional depth to the good lighter scene) which was later used in such episodes as "The Captain's Hand" and "Exodus Part 2". It is beautiful, it is poignant and it is always what comes to my mind when I think of this episode.

The buildup to the battle (and of course the battle itself) was superbly handled, and the scripting seems to have been cranked up a notch with such effective one-liners like the one quoted above.

Another note: I consider this episode to be the demarcation point between BSG's straight drama ethic and its increasingly dominant "myth cycle" ("Flesh and Bone" was a preliminary warmup in some respects). For better or worse, there you go.

A triumph.

10/10
        sigpic
        Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

This episode is a great suspense/action story! The build up was superb and the action of the battle itself edge-of-your-seat intense.

My favourite scene has to be the Adama/Lee scene in the hangar. The acting combined with the introduction of McCreary's "Wander My Friends" theme always brings a tear to my eye. And that last scene when Lee tosses the lighter back. Perfect.

I still get goosebumps when I hear the pipes sound and the line "The backdoor is open". The acting in the Sit Room kept what could've been nothing more than incredibly dull talking heads and made it absolutely riveting. The "Welcome to the big leagues." line was awesome. And the hug between Roslin and Starbuck at the end was lovely.

Final nod has to go to Bear McCreary, though. Love, love, loved the score.
          "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
          ~William Adama

All this has happened before. All this is happening again.

Comment

This might be my favorite episode so far. SO many good moments.
            sigpic

Comment

I wonder. Were the writers such a Mccreary fan they included his music, OR was it just a simple case of his music won out over others?

Comment

Working...
              X