Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down (109)

Quote Originally Posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
    there is a line in the ep that goes "I'll never tell" whether Ellen is a cylon, I think that's more an error than anything
    yeah that was the line (though I'm not sure he was talking specifically about Helen). if he really did rig the test to show green regardless of input then I guess we can add that line to the "list of things to be retconned" for it would completely contradict the 'rigged test' theory (by that line he's unequivocally stating that he knows who is & who isn't a cylon in that room)
    btw has RDM ever been called out on it ?

on the other hand I can accept the fact that Baltar wasn't too keen on testing people & wanted to bury his ehad in the sand if we take into account the fact that he was as you said "confused" about the cylons (not to mention the fact he was completely bewitched by Head6 - and who wouldn't be -)

but Boomer was a different story, he already knew what she was : a walking timebomb that could go off any time. he had every reason to turn her in, other cylons going after him was less of a problem knowing he could get a security detachment to guard him 24/7 (wouldn't have upset his life much as he was already spending all his time cooped up in a lab anyway) especially since his prototype detector worked like a miracle (incidentally they dumbed down its efficiency in the following episode, another inconsistency looks like)

btw when interrogating Boomer he said he withheld Boomer's true nature from the rest of the fleet "for his own purposes" (whatever the hell these were ) which means that fear was not the reason behind his actions (or lack thereof) when it came to Boomer

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Soul is right.

Stalking the streets with Jack the Ripper

I love this one, not only because Tigh's wife gets drunk, EJO directed it, but because of the Roslin and Adama Flirting that happening in the beginning of the episode.

Probie

There's one thing I don't get though:

They're saying it takes 11 hours to find out if somebody is a ceylon or not, but in the previous episode Boomer asks Gaius to test her, and in that episode it seems as if they test her in a few minutes.

Did I miss something there?

there is a sort of absence of time in the show. it happens a lot in this series but it plays to the seriousness of it though.

Lieutenant Colonel EvilSpaceAlien's Avatar

I didn't know where else to post this, but here's a link to a place where you can read a white draft of the episode's script. Although i have no idea what white draft means...
    http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/battle...actica-109.pdf

i love how EJO directed this. he kept the seriousness of the show but some how managed to incorperate a little humor as well. i loved this episode and I love it even more every time i watch it.

Major

I love it even more since the show doesn't have any other humour episodes The bit with Baltar was just great, imo.

Baltar: Lieutenant Thrace, so, uh, what I can I do for you?
    Starbuck: You can zip up your fly...
    Mia: Don't you hate that?
    Vincent: Hate what?
    Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
    Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
    Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
    - Pulp Fiction

Or Ellen and Tigh in the hall... lmao!! that was hilarious

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AresLover452 View Post
    Or Ellen and Tigh in the hall... lmao!! that was hilarious
    we're almost home.... LOL just around the weapons storage there home is just one small room ...

quite funny

I enjoyed this one, but it was a flawed construct in some respects in that some of the "you could be a Cylon" and "I wanted to keep her away from him for as long as possible" motivations seemed to not hold their water for me.

Also, this episode contains probably the only missteps of the series' musical scoring when the dreaded "funny music" comes along. This brings flashbacks of the B5 episodes "The War Prayer" and "Grail" - history repeats itself; a show with great music yields isolated cases of funny music in the first year and wisely never goes there again.

Highlights: "Boo!" (that was genuinely funny), "You saved our ship" (best scene of the episode, also rather an iconic one), and the artful final shot.

Pretty much your average quality for a BSG episode (funny to say "your average episode" when referring to the one and only comedy story, but so it goes).

5/10

Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

EJO is a fantastic director! This ep and the other 3 or 4 he's directed have all been so well put together. I'm glad they didn't opt to go dark with this ep - the humour was brilliant! And since it's so rare in this show, all the more enjoyable. As has been said, all of the actors tackled the humour so well! What's great, though, is that the humour didn't take over the good ol' BSG we know and love. There was still an edge amidst the levity.

Bahaha, the dinner scene and the lab scene!! EJO has said in at least one interview that he didn't tell Jamie Bamber about his direction to Vernon in re her wandering foot. LMAO!!!

Anyone else get a real family vibe from Adama, Lee, and Roslin in the Commander's quarters after dinner?

Ever since the first time I saw this ep, my nickname for Ellen was Lady Macbeth. Adama was right (to paraphrase): Cylon or not, she's nothing but trouble!.

Loved the last scene between Adama and Tigh too. Pithy yet poignant.

Spoilers for final ep:
    Spoiler:
    On a random note, I definitely got a tear in my eye when I saw Adama in the Raptor cockpit. Sad memories...
    "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
    ~William Adama

All this has happened before. All this is happening again.

Chief Master Sergeant chaddergate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Professor_S View Post
    EJO is a fantastic director! This ep and the other 3 or 4 he's directed have all been so well put together. I'm glad they didn't opt to go dark with this ep - the humour was brilliant! And since it's so rare in this show, all the more enjoyable. As has been said, all of the actors tackled the humour so well! What's great, though, is that the humour didn't take over the good ol' BSG we know and love. There was still an edge amidst the levity.

Bahaha, the dinner scene and the lab scene!! EJO has said in at least one interview that he didn't tell Jamie Bamber about his direction to Vernon in re her wandering foot. LMAO!!!
    Anyone else get a real family vibe from Adama, Lee, and Roslin in the Commander's quarters after dinner?

Ever since the first time I saw this ep, my nickname for Ellen was Lady Macbeth. Adama was right (to paraphrase): Cylon or not, she's nothing but trouble!.

Loved the last scene between Adama and Tigh too. Pithy yet poignant.

Spoilers for final ep:
    Spoiler:
    On a random note, I definitely got a tear in my eye when I saw Adama in the Raptor cockpit. Sad memories...
    Yes, those two scenes made the episode!

Jack: Uhh, Daniel - for cryin' out loud!!, I said I would watch the Stanley Cup playoffs with you!
    Is all this necessary??!?

searching the galaxy for a habitable home

This episode proved to me that BSG IS the best show out there! The juxtaposition of comedy, controversy and yes, trajedy was so perfectly done that you actually felt a part of the family. I too loved the dinner scene and the lab scene. It was the comic relief you needed, especially for the upcoming episodes.
    Also, in this ep, you really saw the adama/roslin relationship evolve (even though slightly). There was an element of trust that surfaced.
    Ok. I'm going to assume that by now everyone has seen EVERY episode of BSG...
    Spoiler:
    this may be a stupid question, but, since Baltar did the test on Ellen, he would have known she was a Cylon, right? Therefore he KNEW she was one of the final five. I didnt get that impression in season 4 though. This kinda threw me off a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchess View Post
    This episode proved to me that BSG IS the best show out there! The juxtaposition of comedy, controversy and yes, trajedy was so perfectly done that you actually felt a part of the family. I too loved the dinner scene and the lab scene. It was the comic relief you needed, especially for the upcoming episodes.
    Also, in this ep, you really saw the adama/roslin relationship evolve (even though slightly). There was an element of trust that surfaced.
    Ok. I'm going to assume that by now everyone has seen EVERY episode of BSG...
    Spoiler:
    this may be a stupid question, but, since Baltar did the test on Ellen, he would have known she was a Cylon, right? Therefore he KNEW she was one of the final five. I didnt get that impression in season 4 though. This kinda threw me off a bit.
    Spoilers through S4!!
    Spoiler:
    Yeah, I thought about that too. I justified it in my head by supposing that, because of the uniqueness of the Final Five, they still could have tested negative. I suppose it's also possible that Baltar just didn't test her; but based on Head Six's comment, I would tend to think not. You're right, though, I really didn't get the impression that Baltar knew in S4.

Oh, and re: bolded section - THIS!

P.S. Welcome to the forum, Dutchess!
    "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
    ~William Adama

All this has happened before. All this is happening again.

Air Force Chief of Staff mrscopterdoc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AresLover452 View Post
    i love how EJO directed this. he kept the seriousness of the show but some how managed to incorperate a little humor as well. i loved this episode and I love it even more every time i watch it.
    It was nice to see the comedy after all the seriousness.

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Professor_S View Post
    Spoilers through S4!!
    Spoiler:
    Yeah, I thought about that too. I justified it in my head by supposing that, because of the uniqueness of the Final Five, they still could have tested negative. I suppose it's also possible that Baltar just didn't test her; but based on Head Six's comment, I would tend to think not. You're right, though, I really didn't get the impression that Baltar knew in S4.

Oh, and re: bolded section - THIS!

P.S. Welcome to the forum, Dutchess!
    That's my thoughts too. Since both Elen and Saul were both
    Spoiler:
    part of the final 5 cylons, perhaps something unique to them made them crop up as negative to Baltar's detector.
    OR he did detect them, but like he said after finding boomer, "Everyone is good to go, no cylons here"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12