No announcement yet.

Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down (109)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EJO is a fantastic director! This ep and the other 3 or 4 he's directed have all been so well put together. I'm glad they didn't opt to go dark with this ep - the humour was brilliant! And since it's so rare in this show, all the more enjoyable. As has been said, all of the actors tackled the humour so well! What's great, though, is that the humour didn't take over the good ol' BSG we know and love. There was still an edge amidst the levity.

Bahaha, the dinner scene and the lab scene!! EJO has said in at least one interview that he didn't tell Jamie Bamber about his direction to Vernon in re her wandering foot. LMAO!!!

Anyone else get a real family vibe from Adama, Lee, and Roslin in the Commander's quarters after dinner?

Ever since the first time I saw this ep, my nickname for Ellen was Lady Macbeth. Adama was right (to paraphrase): Cylon or not, she's nothing but trouble!.

Loved the last scene between Adama and Tigh too. Pithy yet poignant.

Spoilers for final ep:
    Spoiler:
    On a random note, I definitely got a tear in my eye when I saw Adama in the Raptor cockpit. Sad memories...
    "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
    ~William Adama

All this has happened before. All this is happening again.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor_S View Post
      EJO is a fantastic director! This ep and the other 3 or 4 he's directed have all been so well put together. I'm glad they didn't opt to go dark with this ep - the humour was brilliant! And since it's so rare in this show, all the more enjoyable. As has been said, all of the actors tackled the humour so well! What's great, though, is that the humour didn't take over the good ol' BSG we know and love. There was still an edge amidst the levity.

Bahaha, the dinner scene and the lab scene!! EJO has said in at least one interview that he didn't tell Jamie Bamber about his direction to Vernon in re her wandering foot. LMAO!!!
      Anyone else get a real family vibe from Adama, Lee, and Roslin in the Commander's quarters after dinner?

Ever since the first time I saw this ep, my nickname for Ellen was Lady Macbeth. Adama was right (to paraphrase): Cylon or not, she's nothing but trouble!.

Loved the last scene between Adama and Tigh too. Pithy yet poignant.

Spoilers for final ep:
      Spoiler:
      On a random note, I definitely got a tear in my eye when I saw Adama in the Raptor cockpit. Sad memories...
      Yes, those two scenes made the episode!
      sigpic
      Jack: Uhh, Daniel - for cryin' out loud!!, I said I would watch the Stanley Cup playoffs with you!
      Is all this necessary??!?

Comment

This episode proved to me that BSG IS the best show out there! The juxtaposition of comedy, controversy and yes, trajedy was so perfectly done that you actually felt a part of the family. I too loved the dinner scene and the lab scene. It was the comic relief you needed, especially for the upcoming episodes.
        Also, in this ep, you really saw the adama/roslin relationship evolve (even though slightly). There was an element of trust that surfaced.
        Ok. I'm going to assume that by now everyone has seen EVERY episode of BSG...
        Spoiler:
        this may be a stupid question, but, since Baltar did the test on Ellen, he would have known she was a Cylon, right? Therefore he KNEW she was one of the final five. I didnt get that impression in season 4 though. This kinda threw me off a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchess View Post
          This episode proved to me that BSG IS the best show out there! The juxtaposition of comedy, controversy and yes, trajedy was so perfectly done that you actually felt a part of the family. I too loved the dinner scene and the lab scene. It was the comic relief you needed, especially for the upcoming episodes.
          Also, in this ep, you really saw the adama/roslin relationship evolve (even though slightly). There was an element of trust that surfaced.
          Ok. I'm going to assume that by now everyone has seen EVERY episode of BSG...
          Spoiler:
          this may be a stupid question, but, since Baltar did the test on Ellen, he would have known she was a Cylon, right? Therefore he KNEW she was one of the final five. I didnt get that impression in season 4 though. This kinda threw me off a bit.
          Spoilers through S4!!
          Spoiler:
          Yeah, I thought about that too. I justified it in my head by supposing that, because of the uniqueness of the Final Five, they still could have tested negative. I suppose it's also possible that Baltar just didn't test her; but based on Head Six's comment, I would tend to think not. You're right, though, I really didn't get the impression that Baltar knew in S4.

Oh, and re: bolded section - THIS!

P.S. Welcome to the forum, Dutchess!
          "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
          ~William Adama

All this has happened before. All this is happening again.

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
            i love how EJO directed this. he kept the seriousness of the show but some how managed to incorperate a little humor as well. i loved this episode and I love it even more every time i watch it.
            It was nice to see the comedy after all the seriousness.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Professor_S View Post
              Spoilers through S4!!
              Spoiler:
              Yeah, I thought about that too. I justified it in my head by supposing that, because of the uniqueness of the Final Five, they still could have tested negative. I suppose it's also possible that Baltar just didn't test her; but based on Head Six's comment, I would tend to think not. You're right, though, I really didn't get the impression that Baltar knew in S4.

Oh, and re: bolded section - THIS!

P.S. Welcome to the forum, Dutchess!
              That's my thoughts too. Since both Elen and Saul were both
              Spoiler:
              part of the final 5 cylons, perhaps something unique to them made them crop up as negative to Baltar's detector.
              OR he did detect them, but like he said after finding boomer, "Everyone is good to go, no cylons here"

Comment

The funniest BSG episode. Baltar spinning at the end, sums it up.

Comment

Working...
                X