Flesh And Bone (108)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    as of season 1 he wasn't doing dedicated podcasts yet. i think he missed about 3 eps in season 1
    The first podcast I have is for 1x09 "Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down".

This ep was eerie and disturbing, and I loved it for that. It challenged the boundaries of what we deem acceptable from our protagonists (something that I've always enjoyed from BSG). Callum. Keith. Rennie. What a terrific performance! Leoben is a such a complex character and Rennie captured every nuance.

(Spoilers from later seasons)
    Spoiler:
    This episode also hit me that much more having seen S3 and S4. This episode kicked off what turned out to be a fascinating storyline between these two characters.

Roslin. MM did such a good job of portraying a very frayed Roslin, a very dark Roslin. She was cold and manipulative and it was a fascinating study in dark side that resides in good people. Did you notice, though, the look on Roslin's face after she airlocked Leoben? Regret? Terror? Something. Well played by MM. Great final scene with Adama too. Subtle, but loaded; the moral burden on Roslin was very apparent.

I always enjoy episodes like this that delve into moral conflict/gray-area. There was nothing cut and dried about it, and that's what made it great.

EDIT: oh yeah. I forgot to mention Boomer. Nothing about that B-plot captured me... could've done without it.
    "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
    ~William Adama

All this has happened before. All this is happening again.

Comment

I love when shows go "dark".
      sigpic

Comment

In some ways i do too. But i also like heroes to act like heroes.

Comment

Working...
        X