No announcement yet.

Six Degrees Of Separation (107)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I felt that this episode was a mixed bag; there was some good humor ("No more nice Mr. Gaius!", the scene where Baltar tries to destroy the evidence, Michael Hogan's superb straight man routine in CIC: "She's standing right there" ), but also there were a handful of "duh... what?" moments. Those would include the awkward resolution to Shelly Godfrey's appearance (which "The Plan" later had to bend over backwards to explain) and the random "Cylon" graffiti in Boomer's locker.

Also I'd like to point out the unusual bookended shots of this episode; it begins with a zoom-in on the Fleet, and ends with a zoom-out from the Fleet. Was the episode going for a "day in the life" motif? No idea.

Originally posted by Catsitter View Post
    Yes, I liked the scene in the toilets. I suppose they put that in so that the Galactica would not be like the various incarnations of the Enterprise where we never found out where the toilets were.
    Babylon 5 was the first SF show to show a conversation in the restroom ("Signs and Portents" and "Divided Loyalties"; only in the former do characters "do their business", however). Battlestar took it a step further with this scene.

A slightly below average episode for me, but still a good watch, given the humor.

4/10
    sigpic
    Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

This episode is bloody hilarious. James Callis is just a brilliant actor! Not only is his comedic timing impeccable, but he really makes you feel how conflicted and terrified Baltar is when he's locked in his cell.

Michael Hogan absolutely has to get a nod for this ep, too. He was spot on in every scene! In CIC with Baltar, the scene with Starbuck on sick bay - the more I rewatch BSG, the more I appreciate Tigh's character.
      "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
      ~William Adama

All this has happened before. All this is happening again.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
        I must be in the minority. I am finding him one of the most annoying people on the show. And I too and wondering how the hell there is a real life version of 6 on the ship and where the hell she vanished at the end?
        I totally agree! I can't stand him and I thought I was the only one.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
          Babylon 5 was the first SF show to show a conversation in the restroom ("Signs and Portents" and "Divided Loyalties"; only in the former do characters "do their business", however). Battlestar took it a step further with this scene.
          I know this is an old post, but I'd like to point out that B5 may have only been the first (non-comedic) space opera series to do so, as the few of which that did exist before the early 90s always seemed subject to that Star Trek stigma. The Twilight Zone and Quantum Leap had some bathroom scenes in the late 80s, as did Red Dwarf.

Comment

Working...
          X