• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Litmus (106)

Visit the Episode GuideGALACTICA SEASON ONE
    LITMUS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 106

A Cylon attack on board the Galactica reveals that the enemy agents can be indistinguishable from humans, prompting a tribunal inquiry that puts Boomer and Tyrol on the spot. The Cylons on Caprica continue their manipulation of Helo.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 25 April 2011, 05:20 PM.

When Six says "The others don't know I'm here," the context seems to say that the other Cylons don't know that she's living in Baltar's head. Any thoughts?
    Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
    sigpic

Comment

I got the same feeling about that and i believe more light will be shed on this in downloaded.

Comment

I think the "message" of this episode was drummed in rather too strongly, but it had some good moments. My favourite line was, "I'm a soft touch". I did wonder from the beginning whether Tyrol and Boomer wouldn't do best to own up to their assignation, and I'm still not sure what the consequences would have been if they had, if any? A slap on the wrist?
        I really loved the "Hey, I owe you one" moment.
        Thinking about this episode some more, shouldn't there have been a scene where Baltar finds out that Doral really was a Cylon and stops feeling any guilt about fingering him as one in the miniseries? As far as I know, up until this episode he would have had no way of knowing that Doral really was one?
        Last edited by Catsitter; 21 July 2006, 12:37 AM.
        Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

That seargent who acted as the lawyer got well shafted when Adama came in, no one can beat that guy.
          And then he ordered her own gaurds to take her to her quarters for a time out, lol wow.
          I cant beleive that the real Six beat the living crap out of Sharon, but love the way they're toying with Helo.
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Awesome ep. Damn this is a cool show so far

Loved how it showed how Witch Hunts often lead to doing so much Collateral damage. Adama was very good when put in the chair. Nice to see that Boomer and chief Tyrol broke it off at the end, and he began to question her about helping the Cylons.

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
            I cant beleive that the real Six beat the living crap out of Sharon, but love the way they're toying with Helo.
            So far i have found this part of the show to be rather dull. If i were Helo i would be thinking that it had all been too easy so far, but its nice to see that he went after Sharon since she did the same for him.
            Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

This was the first episode that I wasn't keen on. The tribunal I found to be quite dull, however the action on Caprica saved this episode from being a utter bore... just what do they hope to gain from that whole game they are playing with Helio?

Oh and I am the only one thinking that the Boomer with Helio may turn against the other Cylons?
              A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Ugh, what an annoying and thick main plot...

Independent tribunal established. Tribunal asks probing questions. Tribunal makes illogical leaps regarding accusations. Adama shuts them down. Sorry, but there's not much at all in the main plot to recommend if you ask me. Probably the highlight was Adama chewing out Tyrol. "You'll pay a different kind of price."

The teaser was nicely tense, and the Helo subplot was pretty good.

This is definitely my least favorite of the first season, though "Colonial Day" will make a run for that position later.

3/10
                sigpic
                Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Despite being a slower episode, I rather liked it. It is not at the top of my list (of favourites) but I enjoyed the Caprica B-plot, and I *loved* Adama. The way he handled the tribunal, his conversation with Tyrol, his "I owe you one" line to Tigh... every scene with Adama reminds me again and again why he's one of my all-time favourite characters from tv and movies.

Oh, and the scenes with Baltar are always fun - this ep was no exception. To quote Roslin from '33', "He's a strange one." James Callis is bloody hilarious!
                  "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
                  ~William Adama

All this has happened before. All this is happening again.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor_S View Post
                    Despite being a slower episode, I rather liked it. It is not at the top of my list (of favourites) but I enjoyed the Caprica B-plot, and I *loved* Adama. The way he handled the tribunal, his conversation with Tyrol, his "I owe you one" line to Tigh... every scene with Adama reminds me again and again why he's one of my all-time favourite characters from tv and movies.

Oh, and the scenes with Baltar are always fun - this ep was no exception. To quote Roslin from '33', "He's a strange one." James Callis is bloody hilarious!
                    I agree.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X