• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You Can't Go Home Again (105)

Visit the Episode GuideGALACTICA SEASON ONE
    YOU CAN'T GO HOME AGAIN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 105

When Kara is hit by enemy fire and goes missing, Lee and Adama stir controversy by conducting a search that uses the fleet's precious resources. (Part 2 of 2)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 25 April 2011, 05:20 PM.

Oh, so I get to go first on this episode thread too! Just watched it on Sky Three and it is an excellent episode. Though it would be better if Sky Three didn't display a message about the interview with Kylie Minogue coming up on Sunday night on the screen all the way through.
    Anyway, my favourite part was Starbuck finding out how to work the Cylon Raider (safety tip - don't touch that again) and her encounter with Lee in space. She is just great.
    As for the whole question of the search, it was an issue that needed resolving after the part in the miniseries when Lee and Starbuck were not back when the landing pods had to be retracted so they wouldn't get damaged, so that the Galactica would be able to do its FTL jump. It didn't quite come to a disagreement about whether to leave them behind then, and this episode certainly gave the issue an airing.
    Loved Adama swearing at Roslin on the phone! "Frak the odds, we're going to find her".
    Lee was so wrong about Tigh wanting to get rid of Starbuck. He loves her really!
    And again, not much of Number Six. A definite plus!
    Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

I really love that moment between Lee and Adama in this episode:

Lee: And if it was me down there instead?
      Adama: You don't have to ask that...
      Lee: You sure?
      Adama: If it were 'you'...we'd never leave.

Stand out acting and writing there, definately a highlight from Season One.
      sigpic
      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Why is the script for this entire show so flippin awesome???

I was shocked at the massive brain-thingy inside the Cylon raider...I thought that a centurion was about to come out and attack when she tried to get inside it .
        Touching ending, awwww starbuck was almost in tears.....
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Awesome ep, and a great way to finish the 2 parter. Loved Starbuck learning to fly the Cylon fighter, and the scenes with her and Apollo in space. Also was very good that they showed who much she meant both to Apollo and the Commander. It was a nice touch between SB and Adama at the end too. Will be interesting to see if they use the Cylon fighter in some form in future eps...
          Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Can anyone explain how Starbuck was able to put her name on the OUTSIDE of the stolen Cylon Raider? The episode simply showed her climbing inside, sealing the hole with her suit, and getting off the planet...She never got back out, or initially was shown putting her name on the outside.

Anyone?

EDIT:
            I actually don't personally care about such minor plot inconsistancies...but some friends I am trying to introduce to the show posed the question to me--and I was litteraly helpless for an "explaination".

Frack you Alias! (the last series they just finished)
            Last edited by DaDornta; 24 January 2007, 11:50 PM.
            SO SAY WE ALL
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DaDornta View Post
              Can anyone explain how Starbuck was able to put her name on the OUTSIDE of the stolen Cylon Raider? The episode simply showed her climbing inside, sealing the hole with her suit, and getting off the planet...She never got back out, or initially was shown putting her name on the outside.

Anyone?

EDIT:
              I actually don't personally care about such minor plot inconsistancies...but some friends I am trying to introduce to the show posed the question to me--and I was litteraly helpless for an "explaination".

Frack you Alias! (the last series they just finished)

I suppose she had to get out again to do it. *shrug* Although..using all that tape would have taken quite a while, wouldn't it?
              McKay : (incredibly high pitched) HEEEY! IT'S MISTER MOM! How are the kids??

Zelenka: Do not even SPEAK to me.

Comment

Dispite there being alot of things i don't relly like about Galactica I actually very much enjoyed this episode. Most likly because it was the 1rst epsiode of the series that actually felt like an true sci-fi show. It had all the right elements: Alien planet, space ships, living robotic figthers, technology, characters being pushed to thier mimits, "we don't leave are peopel behind".

It was cool to find out the Cylon fighters are living robots themselves, quite how it still responed with is brain cut out and by having someone tug on your insides is beond me. The Cylon figthers also still very much remind me of the Droid starfigthers from Star Wars. But apart from that a great episode!

Shame it was only one of two of the episodes in the entire series i would consider rewatching.
                sigpic
                Banner Made By Me for Me
                The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Mecha, did you catch my post in 33? Have you had a chance to watch the opening miniseries?
                  "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan View Post
                    Mecha, did you catch my post in 33? Have you had a chance to watch the opening miniseries?
                    I did catch it, but have not got around to watching it. Sadly as far as I can see my Uni only has series one in stock (which is kinda gay). But I will keep looking and don't want to waste money buying it.

Thanks for the info, But after watching the end f series 1 I can offically say I am not much of a BSG fan. However I have herad the miniseries is the best of the lot so will if i see it in uni, give it a shot.
                    sigpic
                    Banner Made By Me for Me
                    The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

So Cylon Fighters are part biological by the looks of things really didn't see that coming I'm going to guess its partly because Humans used and still use Machines in that manner so they are using biological beings in the same manner.

And the raider could be useful in future Cylon attacks I'd imagine it would be one hell of a distraction
                      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

"Holy frak... are you alive?"

This episode was focused on one thing, and perhaps that hurt it for me...

There was a tinge of repetitiveness regarding the character interactions of Adama, Apollo, Tigh and Roslin, but I like that Roslin walks in, tells it straight and walks out. The somewhat limited nature of the main plot's drama was accompanied by a nondescript Baltar scene and admittedly the best Helo subplot yet (lovely toaster wink).

If I'm not mistaken this was also the introduction of the heroic Starbuck Theme (the Sharon theme was introduced... in "Bastille Day"?). You can hear it most clearly when Starbuck first notes the bullet hole in the Raider, and in a triumphant rendition when she finally figures out how to fly the thing.

I felt that this was slightly above average, but lacking in breadth. This was a focused drama, but in my opinion, it was too focused.

6/10
                        sigpic
                        Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                          Why is the script for this entire show so flippin awesome???

I was shocked at the massive brain-thingy inside the Cylon raider...I thought that a centurion was about to come out and attack when she tried to get inside it .
                          Touching ending, awwww starbuck was almost in tears.....
                          Just reading through the thread, and it looks like you've said everything I wanted to. The ending was spot on - EJO and Sackoff work well together. EJO really impressed me in this ep (but then, who am I kidding, he always does ). Still, he does a brilliant job of pulling off stoic while still conveying incredible depth of feeling. And yes, the writing is so bloody good!!

Again, I have to say I loved Roslin's scene as well. She was tough as nails, and wasn't afraid to tell it like it is to the Commander of the Fleet and Galactica's CAG!

Nice to see a happy ending. The first time I watched this ep, I remember being as giddy as Lee when I realized Starbuck would survive.
                          "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
                          ~William Adama

All this has happened before. All this is happening again.

Comment

Okay, it's been 6 months since my last watch through, so it's not exactly fresh on my mind, but this episode, I loved because, on top of being an awesome episode of "finding Starbuck", it had ramifications to the end of the season, i.e. Starbuck's knee. Something that not many series do...continue the plotline. BSG is awesome and my favorite for that!
                            sigpic
                            Jack: Uhh, Daniel - for cryin' out loud!!, I said I would watch the Stanley Cup playoffs with you!
                            Is all this necessary??!?

Comment

Originally posted by chaddergate View Post
                              Okay, it's been 6 months since my last watch through, so it's not exactly fresh on my mind, but this episode, I loved because, on top of being an awesome episode of "finding Starbuck", it had ramifications to the end of the season, i.e. Starbuck's knee. Something that not many series do...continue the plotline. BSG is awesome and my favorite for that!
                              Yes!! It's so true! I love the scene in "Hand of God" that follows up on it. BSG is brilliant for continuity like that.
                              "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
                              ~William Adama

All this has happened before. All this is happening again.

Comment

Working...
                              X