X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samuel T. Anders SPOILERS

On a SCIFI.com interview, David Eich had this to say about Anders:

SPOILER
    That the actor who plays him will return for a three episode arc during the second half of season two...
    END SPOILER

Ok call me crazy, but...

SPOILERS for future Season 2 Episodes
    Resurrection Ship 1 and 2...nothing with him in it
    Epiphanies - Roslyn is sick and strikes as well
    Sacrifce - Hostage episode
    Black Market - Heavy Apollo episode
    Scar - The super tough Raider episode
    The Captain's Hand - Starbuck..maybe doing something?
    Downloaded - The cylon episode

That doesn't leave many for him to come back in...and the last few are rumored to be heavy cylon episodes...

I think he is a Cylon. It would explain why he didn't like flip **** and have his guys kill Sharon on the spot. Sure Helo was there and she was going to save Starbuck...but still. Man that's a cylon!

END SPOILERS

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Mr. Seven; 17 January 2006, 12:25 AM.

Maybe his story arc is going to be a supporting story arc, which will run at the same time as the major story-arc, and so hasn't been detailed in the synopsis for each episode?

or:
    Spoiler:
    Maybe he comes back in Lay Down Your Burdens and is a cylon prisoner, and part of their new peace initiative?

Comment

Ah I see.

Something tells me it is going to be a long summer wait again either way. I love season and midbreak finale's, but the waiting is what stinks.

Comment

Maybe he's brother Cavils human desciple?

Comment

Spoiler:
          Yeah, maybe he was trying to make a humano-cylon baby with starbuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Frakster
            Maybe his story arc is going to be a supporting story arc, which will run at the same time as the major story-arc, and so hasn't been detailed in the synopsis for each episode?
            Maybe they are going to do the whole underlying story, like what they with Helo still on Caparica. And show what is happening to all remaining humans on the colonies.

Comment

Somedude...I was thinking the same thing and that the deed was done when she was with him on Caprica. But on the other hand, he could be part of a peace offering from the Cylons to the Colonials...a handful of Colonial prisoners??

Comment

Originally posted by DarkOne
                Somedude...I was thinking the same thing and that the deed was done when she was with him on Caprica. But on the other hand, he could be part of a peace offering from the Cylons to the Colonials...a handful of Colonial prisoners??
                Hmm, the latter point is a good idea. besides, he seems too dumb and innocent? to be a Cylon.

Comment

Well I always thought it was fishy that he didn't kill go after Sharon.

Also, I thought it was odd that Simon knew of Anders and that he was a pyramid player.

+ go back and rewatch the episode. Right before the Ambush he tells Sue Shawn (the other woman captured) that he wanted her in a certain position... I think covering the flank.

It would be bad for Kara if he was a Cylon...good for him though if he really did fall in love with her and I think he did.

Who knows what they did with her ovary though.

Comment

But it seems odd- why would they want Anders to knock her up, then remove her ovary? That seems to defeat the purpose of creating a humano-cylon, if that was their purpose to begin with.

Comment

Who knows, maybe they wanted to use her eggs in a mass-hybrid type thing.

Leoben said she was special. Perhaps they were going to harvst the eggs and infuse them with Cylon DNA and make little Kara's.

Comment

Up to now no one well known has been a Cylon. Well known by the Colonial population. This guy by all accounts was a famous card player that Helos recognized on sight. Kind of dangerous to have a cylon well known if you plan on uses many copies of him in human society before or after the Attack. Unless that was his cover and made him such a good player!!

Comment

They would because he would be a trusted person and leader.

Sharron was in the Lions Den on Galactica, ditto with Dorral. Leoben was just begging to be found on Ragnar.

I think it could work.

Comment

I'm thinking that Anders will come in in episode:
                            Spoiler:

18: Downloaded
                            19 and 20: Season Finale

The rest i have to say is pure speculation, but contains spoilers to the above episodes:

I reckon he'll be in Downloaded, but we'll be seeing him from the Ressurrected Cylon's point of view - ie, there may be another ressurrection ship out there, which just relays the signal and the Cylon is ressurrected on Caprica. Knowing the writers of BSG, i think that from there, we'll see developments on caprica from his POV (such as we saw with Helo in S1), and it will build up to some climax for the end of the season finale, as he learns/takes actions/whatever - which has a direct correlation to the Galactica and the rest of the fleet... that is if he's not offered as a barganing chip by the Cylons in the season finale, as you all have stated above.

We might even see how Anders etc is captured in Downloaded and then the idea forms about using them as an offering... ie, Cylons capture him, and from Cylon's POV we seem em getting ready for the Season Finale Offering etc.

My thoughts

Aussie

Comment

Originally posted by DarkOne
                              Up to now no one well known has been a Cylon. Well known by the Colonial population. This guy by all accounts was a famous card player that Helos recognized on sight. Kind of dangerous to have a cylon well known if you plan on uses many copies of him in human society before or after the Attack. Unless that was his cover and made him such a good player!!
                              The guy was a professional Pyramid player. Pyramid appears to be both a card game and a sport (somewhat similar to the game played by the Mayans at Great Ballcourt in Chichén Itzá ). His entire team survived since they were out of the city in off-season training.

Seeing how internal Six and Gina (who, unless I missed the reference, has nevered been referred to as Gina by anyone in the episodes thus far) are both fascinated by sports it may be likely that other human-looking Cylons also have a "natural" affinity. Clearly most Cylons appear to relish the experience of passionate human emotions, even if only vicariously (remember the Doral model speaking to Six on Caprica when Sharon absquatulated with Helo). Being a sports celebrity would certainly be a focal point of those kind of emotions.

As far as harvesting an ovary, they do come in pairs so taking one isn't irreparable reproductive damage. Besides, if Starbuck hadn't insisted on protection and conception occured, it wouldn't have taken place in a ovary.
                              Last edited by anotherquestion; 17 January 2006, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X