No announcement yet.

Dr.Carson Beckett / Lt. Laura Cadman Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for anybody who hasn't heard the commentary to Duet, they say that the original script finished where the episode does, but they thought it might be too short so they added a scene where Rodney thinks maybe he and Cadman would have something going and she kisses him to prove there is no spark there, then she pats Carson on the behind as she leaves, but they cut the scene out because they felt it cheapened both the Cadman/Beckett and the McKay/Brown relationships.
    (But the only kiss photo you ever see in the magazines from that episode is the cut one!)
    I would love it if they put all these deleted scenes we hear about on a DVD one of these days!
    Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

Beautiful vid! Very cute the extra clips add an excellent squee! Is that music from a movie? If so, which?

I had thought about doing a vid for them, but decided I didn't know what the lyrics in the song meant, lol. But just a thought for anyone else thinking about doing one, in "Coup" I think you might be able to manipulate clips of beckett with Ladon's sister to make it look like cadman *shrug*

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan
        Is that music from a movie? If so, which?
        It's music from the movie Gladiator with Russel Crowe and Joaquin Phoenix.

I always thought it was suitable for a musicvid...but never got around to actually use it.

BTW, when I'm trying my very best to download the musicvid, it won't let me. It says it's not available for downloading...
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
          It's music from the movie Gladiator with Russel Crowe and Joaquin Phoenix.

I always thought it was suitable for a musicvid...but never got around to actually use it.

BTW, when I'm trying my very best to download the musicvid, it won't let me. It says it's not available for downloading...
          It's the only music I could find that suited the ship and could be faded I was running on a serious lack of clips. huzzah for special features

umm try going to my music vid archive. it's the vid at the top.

Comment

Thank you, now the vid worked for me....

Very nice job! I really enjoyed watching it...I love the choice of music (it's my absolute favorite on the Gladiator soundtrack) and the images were great as well.

Comment

quickly whipped something up, not my best but I liked it

Comment

Pretty banner Hypercaz!!

Comment

I bring another banner!

Comment

awww, love it caz!!

Comment

Aren't they just cute?? My fave line in reference to their 'ship is from Epiphany:

Spoiler:

Beckett: Yes, let's hurry. I have a date with Lt. Cadman tonight.
                      McKay: Oh no. Then we only have twelve years in here.

AL

Comment

Originally posted by A.L.
                        Aren't they just cute?? My fave line in reference to their 'ship is from Epiphany:

Spoiler:

Beckett: Yes, let's hurry. I have a date with Lt. Cadman tonight.
                        McKay: Oh no. Then we only have twelve years in here.

AL
                        Sweet that he was worrying about it. *squee*

Comment

AngelQueen recently started a WildWest AU, and LurkerLa has written a Laura/Carson fic for it!

Pleasent Company

Oh, and I forgot to pimp her other Carson/Laura fic It's from the AU: Langford_U, called Phone Tag

Comment

Those were two very nice stories... I really enjoyed them.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                              AngelQueen recently started a WildWest AU, and LurkerLa has written a Laura/Carson fic for it!

Pleasent Company

Oh, and I forgot to pimp her other Carson/Laura fic It's from the AU: Langford_U, called Phone Tag
                              Oh! These are so cute. Thanks for these recs. It's good to see that finally this ship is getting fics and recognition (I must ask why the only canon ship is continually shunted in favour of non-canon...eh does that make me a hypocrite?)

I especially like this ship in those AUs. Very sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz
                                (I must ask why the only canon ship is continually shunted in favour of non-canon...eh does that make me a hypocrite?)
                                Hahaha, I'd never thought of it like that before but you're right! How peculiar!

I loved their little scene at the end of CM. Not OTT but noticable and sweet Maybe that's why they get less reconition; they might be canon but they have so few scenes (which imo is right in a scifi show) that regard their relationship, where as some of the other OTPs have whole episodes of UST to lust over

I really like the balance they have struck with Laura/Carson. It works extremely well in fitting with the episodes but not detracting or standing out from the storyline.

Comment

Working...
                                X