Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011 121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr.Carson Beckett / Lt. Laura Cadman Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Default Re: Dr.Carson Beckett / Lt. Laura Cadman Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
    I just found this thread a little while ago, and decided to try and revive it. I wish the relationship wasn't as offscreen as it was. I like these two, but so much is left to imagine. Do we ever actually see them around each other after "Duet"?
    At the end of Critical Mass they're sharing a laugh while walking down a hallway. Other than that Carson mentioning having a date with her during Epiphany, his calendar has another date marked during Michael and he mentioned it not working out during Returne Part 1. I think that is pretty much it.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Quote Originally Posted by mandogater View Post
    At the end of Critical Mass they're sharing a laugh while walking down a hallway. Other than that Carson mentioning having a date with her during Epiphany, his calendar has another date marked during Michael and he mentioned it not working out during Returne Part 1. I think that is pretty much it.
    Dang again about it being offscreen. Grr. I guess that I'll have to work it out on my own.

Here is the situation I have:

This is about seven years after they'd broken things off the first time. At first things are going to be a little awkward. Wouldn't it be. Things lately have been going to hell for Laura: major family deaths and coming out of a relationship that wasn't what it appeared to be (the guy was cheating on her. STUPID man!). You might need to take a look at my Sparky story on fanfiction.

I'll put it as clearly as I can. Elizabeth needs rescuing. There are very few ways to get into where she is, and Cadman can go through one of them w/o attracting attention and put a locator beacon on Elizabeth. She also has one for herself.
    Last edited by Sparky She-Demon; October 1st, 2012 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Clarification

Dang again about it being offscreen. Grr. I guess that I'll have to work it out on my own.

Here is the situation I have:

This is about seven years after they'd broken things off the first time. At first things are going to be a little awkward. Wouldn't it be. Things lately have been going to hell for Laura: major family deaths and coming out of a relationship that wasn't what it appeared to be (the guy was cheating on her. STUPID man!). You might need to take a look at my Sparky story on fanfiction.

I'll put it as clearly as I can. Elizabeth needs rescuing. There are very few ways to get into where she is, and Cadman can go through one of them w/o attracting attention and put a locator beacon on Elizabeth. She also has one for herself.
    Sounds like a really interesting story!!!! I'll have to see if I can find it next time I'm on fanfiction.

The good thing about Laura and Carson's relationship having so little screen time is that leaves the rest of it up to our imaginations. So unless you take them really OOC nothing is out of the realm of possibility.

It won't be too OOC. I guess that's one of the few good things about their relationship having so little screen time.

BTW, the name of the story is "The World Goes On". Rated M (mostly for paranoia, but with part of one chapter being the exception), John and Elizabeth character tags, and one of the genres is Family.

It won't be too OOC. I guess that's one of the few good things about their relationship having so little screen time.

BTW, the name of the story is "The World Goes On". Rated M (mostly for paranoia, but with part of one chapter being the exception), John and Elizabeth character tags, and one of the genres is Family.
    Thanks for the info!!!

I added reading to my to-do list for the weekend.

Thank you. But one thing you should know is that Cadman has not yet made her appearance yet in my story. Within the next two chapters, she should show up.

Thank you. But one thing you should know is that Cadman has not yet made her appearance yet in my story. Within the next two chapters, she should show up.
    You're welcome.

I really liked the Cadman character. I don't like that she only showed up, what, two times?

I really liked the Cadman character. I don't like that she only showed up, what, two times?
    I know what you mean. She only made two appearances but managed to make a big impression. I think that's why I try to work her into a lot of the fic I write.

Quote Originally Posted by mandogater View Post
    I know what you mean. She only made two appearances but managed to make a big impression. I think that's why I try to work her into a lot of the fic I write.
    I'm going to be working her into my fic as well. I liked the character a lot! Despite the fact that she only showed up twice, she has *quite* the following on fanfiction.

I'm going to be working her into my fic as well. I liked the character a lot! Despite the fact that she only showed up twice, she has *quite* the following on fanfiction.
    I've read some interesting stories staring her there.

Well, here's a favorite of her and Carson of mine:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2999208/1/

I think that you will like it!

Well, here's a favorite of her and Carson of mine:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2999208/1/

I think that you will like it!
    That is one of my favorites too!!!!!

How about this one, another one of my favorites with her and Carson!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3319193/1/

How about this one, another one of my favorites with her and Carson!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3319193/1/
    That was a great one!! Thanks for posting the link!!!

There's plenty more where that came from, if you want me to continue posting them.

There's plenty more where that came from, if you want me to continue posting them.
    You are welcome too, but please add title and rating, and possibly if it isn't too much to ask a summary.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1201&dateline=1311771170
    icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    You are welcome too, but please add title and rating, and possibly if it isn't too much to ask a summary.
    I will give the title and the rating from now on, and a summary if I can from now on!

Yes please. For some reason whenever I go to ff.net anymore I only look at the Castle fics. You may help me remedy that situation.

Do you mind if I post some slightly sadder Carson/Laura fics? I still have plenty of happy ones, but I wanted to ask.