This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need for new "Sticky" thread.

I was wondering, maybe it would be a good idea to put a Sticky Thread in General Dicussion section for Episode/Story ideas.
    Where you come post and critize (good or bad) ideas for new plot lines.

What do you think ?
    sigpic

SGU Continued....

That thread wouldn't be a must read for everyone, so no. It shouldn't be sticky.

I people like the idea the thread will be active.

Comment

I love the idea! I'd post on it all the time! I'm loathe to spend the time to type a little scene or idea, because I know it would get buried in a few days. If the post were "sticky" I wouldn't feel like I was wasting my time.
      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Put the request in the "Ask A Mod" Thread (Off-Topic Section "Sticky"),and see if they'll consider the idea,Janus .

Trouble is, Ep/story ideas from us fans, usually get regarded as "Fan-Fics",so your "Sticky" might end up in that zone, if the Mods approve it!

(Keeps it away from visiting PTB eyes-they're not allowed to read Fan-Fics etc, for legal/copyright reasons.)
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
          Put the request in the "Ask A Mod" Thread (Off-Topic Section "Sticky"),and see if they'll consider the idea,Janus .

Trouble is, Ep/story ideas from us fans, usually get regarded as "Fan-Fics",so your "Sticky" might end up in that zone, if the Mods approve it!

(Keeps it away from visiting PTB eyes-they're not allowed to read Fan-Fics etc, for legal/copyright reasons.)
          I didn't realise TPTB couldn't read the fan fics, at least not officially!
          sigpic

Comment

sorry dudes...im sorta new to forums.....wot is a sticky thread

Comment

A Thread that always stays on top no matter how little we talk in it.

Comment

thanks dude...saves me the embarrasment...

Comment

I won't tell anyone if you don't.

Comment

Afraid it's true, dipsofJazz !
                    Alas for the writers, they aren't allowed to go near Fan-Fics.Even if Fans send the stories to them.
                    The weird thing is,(for me anyway),is that how on Earth can they prove they haven't dipped into someone's ideas ?
                    I hasten to add that I trust JM implicitly...he and the other PTB wouldn't do that anyway !

( I dip into different Fics several times a week,to have a nice read and a cuppa,but that's OK because I don't write stories myself....but I suppose if I decided to write even a short story,and upload it,someone could come along to the Host Site and insist they had the idea first. )
                    Last edited by Bagpuss; 19 July 2004, 05:26 PM. Reason: spacings

Comment

haha im sure u wont...il come on 2mora an ther will be a thread sayin 'wats a sticky thread' and uuz will all be slaggin me off

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                        Afraid it's true, dipsofJazz !
                        Alas for the writers, they aren't allowed to go near Fan-Fics.Even if Fans send the stories to them.
                        The weird thing is,(for me anyway),is that how on Earth can they prove theyhaven't dipped into someone's ideas ?
                        I hasten to add that I trust JM implicitly...he and the other PTB wouldn't do that anyway !

( I dip into different Fics several times a week,to have a nice read and a cuppa,but that's OK because I don't write stories myself....but I suppose if I decided to write even a short story,and upload it,someone could come along to the Host Site and insist they had the idea first. )
                        Yes, I see your point. I suppose things could get very tricky, but, as you say.....who's gonna know????!!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

I suppose it's there to protect the makers of SG-1 and Atlantis and the writers from possible lawsuits, claiming Lord only knows what !
                          Darren and the Mods know what they're doing,so there shouldn't be any problems.

I only brought up the subject, as it seemed relevant, as the reason why ep ideas, and such, get moved to the Fan-Fic section. I've seen it done several times. At least if a "Sticky" is put up away from General Discussion,then Joe Mallozzi etc,can pop in to Post/read freely. (Like JM did in the Shipper Thread and the Atlantis Thread about Casting,a little while back. )

I'd better not yap any further, as I don't want anyone accusing me of breaking any forum rules about speculation !
                          Last edited by Bagpuss; 19 July 2004, 05:34 PM. Reason: What else...spacings etc ..gah .

Comment

I'm just wondering, why would it need to be sticky? If it's popular it'll stay at the top for a while anyway, and if not then it wouldn't really be fair to all the non-sticky threads.

Why don't you open the thread you want, probably in the Fanfic folder, and we'll see how it goes. If, after it's been posted on a bit, you think it ought to be stuck, you could put a request in, and it'll be easier for the mods to make a decision cos we'll know what we're talking about

Thanks.

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                            X