Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question, What do you think would happen if you stuck both of your arms into the Event Horizon and moved them to about where they would meet and then pulled them out?

Or if you stuck your head in,Would you be able to control your body?

Comment

That's a good question I don't know maybe I would hope so at the very least.
      I used to have a cool sig, but people replied to it more than they did my messages.

sigpic

Comment

I dont get that part. Whenever the event horizon forms it disengrates everything in its path. I think that if a stargate really existed, burying it would not cuase it be blocked. In my opinion, the best way to shut down a stargate for good is to remove the gate control crystals. The crystals act like a particle analyzer. They recive data from the gate and analyze the incoming matter, telling the gate how to reasemble the matter. So if they are removed, the gate would not work.

Comment

I haven't found this anywhere, please excuse me if it's there...

what if you cross a stargate, with an outgoing wormhole from the wrong side (i.e. from the back to the front)? would you be transported just the same? would you be dissintegrated? would you just cross to the other side like there was no EH? would you hit like there was a solid wall?

Comment

Originally posted by Angarsk View Post
            I haven't found this anywhere, please excuse me if it's there...

what if you cross a stargate, with an outgoing wormhole from the wrong side (i.e. from the back to the front)? would you be transported just the same? would you be dissintegrated? would you just cross to the other side like there was no EH? would you hit like there was a solid wall?
            People need to start reading the whole thread... .
            Opinions are various since total desintegration to just being spit out in the same location unharmed.
            sigpic
            - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Has anyone ever done any calculations on how much power an intergalactic connection required?

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney Mckay 1 View Post
                I dont get that part. Whenever the event horizon forms it disengrates everything in its path. I think that if a stargate really existed, burying it would not cuase it be blocked. In my opinion, the best way to shut down a stargate for good is to remove the gate control crystals. The crystals act like a particle analyzer. They recive data from the gate and analyze the incoming matter, telling the gate how to reasemble the matter. So if they are removed, the gate would not work.
                Well I think that if there's no room for the wormhole to be formed in the first place then it can't form at all so it can't vaparise anything. and is it not possible for it to just reasemble something wrong that way?
                I used to have a cool sig, but people replied to it more than they did my messages.

sigpic

Comment

carter explaind that the "splash" doesn't become created

Comment

Okay! See thank you I thought that was the way it worked but I couldn't remember anyone saying that! Good to know thank you!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by terraatlantus View Post
                      the atlantis stargate energy barrier behaves the same way as the terra titantium/trinium iris. from the movie we know the unstable vortex spurts out forward and backward. maybe all versions of the gate are designed to detect an intentional barrier which prevents the forward burst
                      then why not just get rid of the vortex flux altogether? they couldve saved lives and technology (example: the prisoners on Hadante)

Please help my dragon grow!

Comment

whats not to say that the iris very thin. all it has to do is be close enough to stop the reintegration process.

Comment

Lt-BG here!

In my understanding of the Stargate physics and shows, the Iris, in earlier shows, was made of solid titanium. Then it got replaced my pure Naquada as the show progressed. I know its nothing near to an energy shield, but right then, it was the best they had.

I guess you could call the incoming wormhole "matter", as it is coming OUT of the Event Horizon. If the Iris doesn't let matter form in the conventional way, then the incoming wormhole splash, would, technically, disintegrate itself. That's why it doesn't burn a hole through the Iris.

Thanks,
                          Lt-BG
                          "Teal'c is like Spock, only without the pointy ears."

-Unknown

Comment

just gave me a brainwave. maybe thats why they didnt use the kawoosh of a gate to destroy bits of supergate to destroy it, the ori used shielding?

Comment

Working...
                            X