X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hawkmajor View Post
    ok, and it links to the film/missile silo
    well done now youve done it, im going through all 10 seasons to find some kind of shot of it, damn youuuuuuuuu

Comment

Originally posted by toby1kanobi View Post
      well done now youve done it, im going through all 10 seasons to find some kind of shot of it, damn youuuuuuuuu
      it's just a speculation and the views of the original film's ramp
      SG-1 members
      Atlantis Team members

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        The show has established that there must be something physically inside the ring. This has been reiterated several times, through several worlds burying their gates, and more recently in episode 6.20 Memento when they unearthed their gate and it had large blocks ensuring that no Goa'uld could come back.

They've also stated before that the iris at the SGC closes just a few microns from the event horizon of the wormhole, and that the unstable formation (the splash) disintegrates anything it comes in contact with.

The iris is not blocking the gate and preventing a wormhole from forming, so why doesn't the iris have a big hole burned through it every time it's closed and an incoming wormhole shows up? Shouldn't they have to close the iris after the wormhole has formed every time?
        there isn't any splash because the iris to close to the event horizon so nothing can reintregate

Comment

Originally posted by gooran View Post
          there isn't any splash because the iris to close to the event horizon so nothing can reintregate
          also the iris isnt destroyed because it is too close to the event horizon
          SG-1 members
          Atlantis Team members

Comment

forgive me if this has been discussed/answered before,.but im wondering why the closed iris can remain intact when the gate is activated [incoming wormhole],.it seems that the wooosshh can destroy everything but the iris,.so why does it survive,.cheers,.tedpon:

Comment

The iris is too close to the event horizon for even the unstable vortex to be able to reintegrate.

Comment

What were to happen if you entered the stargate from behind. Like lets say your facing the stargate, and you dial an address, the puddle will then emerge from the stargate and then instead of walking through it, u walk around to the back of the stargate and enter it through there. What would happen, would you just disintegrate and die, or would you be taken to your destination but just come out through the back of that stargate instead of the front. This has been bugging me for a few years now.

Comment

Nobody really knows, it was never discussed on the shows.

Comment

if the puddle is just a doorway to the wormhole then it shouldent matter where you enter??

Comment

Originally posted by tedpon View Post
                      if the puddle is just a doorway to the wormhole then it shouldent matter where you enter??
                      I believe that it doesn't matter. Ex. If you enter the top of the stargate, you exit at the top of the stargate. Of course, if the Stargate is turned on an awkward way, well....let's not get into that.....

Does anyone have a diameter of a Stargate?
                      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

I can't remember the episode, but Teal'c says he knew a jaffa that did that, and his death was "most unpleasant".
                        I have heard of a place where humans do battle in a ring of jello.

Comment

I don't know if any one has said this before but how does the iris fit inside the gate (it looks too big).

Comment

Sorry I know I just joined and my opinion might not be much. However I believe that because there is an Iris there it causes the instability of a newly activated wormhole to become stable or rather to be stable. If that makes sense to any of you. If there is something there to support the newly formed wormhole then there might not be any instability in the first place. I would think we would at least hear something if there was but I'm only talking about the SGC Iris so.
                            I used to have a cool sig, but people replied to it more than they did my messages.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
                              I don't know if any one has said this before but how does the iris fit inside the gate (it looks too big).
                              Magnets! Or some obscure FX technique!
                              sigpic
                              - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
                                Just like a Jaffa helmet collapses on itself.
                                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                                Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                                If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                                Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Working...
                                X