This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith = Vampires???

The Wraith seem to me as Vampires feeding off humans. Is it possible a few got to earth and fed on the population long ago? Seems very possible. They also seem to be on dark planets. Or so far anyways. We have yet to see them in the sun

The Ancients that returned probably talked about the Wraith, and then it got twisted and turned like all other old stories and it became vampires.

EDIT: Post 1,000 *yay*

Comment

The original myth of vampires have also been corrupted by the years.

The first vampire was apparently Vlad, or Count Dracula who historically worked for the Roman Empire. He was apparently very evil and twisted and some assumed him to be a cannibal...etc

Myths have been corrupted as time as gone by.

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto
        The original myth of vampires have also been corrupted by the years.

The first vampire was apparently Vlad, or Count Dracula who historically worked for the Roman Empire. He was apparently very evil and twisted and some assumed him to be a cannibal...etc

Myths have been corrupted as time as gone by.
        Well actually the belief in life sucking demons that defy death predate recorded history.

On every human-inhabited contienent there have been stories of life being sucked out of a body.

It is only in the past 400 years that we have givin them human form, decided they need caskets, etc etc.

The word Vampire; however, comes from the stories of inhuman-like creatures roaming the wilderness, preying on the lives of the people they met.

I have more, if anyone is intrested....
        Shep: I can't hear you threatening to suck the life out of me 'til you hit the button on the radio.

Soldier (In Russian): Are you Russian spies?
        Daniel: Niet.
        Jack: Daniel!
        Daniel: What? He asked if we were Russian spies and I said no........oh.
        -1969 (221)

Comment

Please share more nfo

Comment

But when you're bitten by a vampire, don't you turn into one? maybe Sumner is still alive
            My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

Who knows maybe that's where the producers came up with the idea
              "You know that 'we come in peace' buisness? Bite me."
              "Well, that sucks."
              "Cool."

Comment

Kind of adds new meaning to Sumner saying "The days are short here" when they first arrive in search of the power source.

Lets look at the evidence that new enemy might have some issues with light.

1. Attacked the planet at night.
                2. The planet they live on, seems to be very dark.
                3. Very short days on the planet there food lives on.

Maybe, just mabye, we have some sun light issues?

Corpushominisanimusaltus

Bodyofamansoulofanancient

Comment

hmmm, if the wraith were vampires, i doubt there would be anyone around to kill them. There exceptionally strong, obviously. They dont die easily! Guns seems to have very little effect (i hope anyway, itd suck if it just turned into a shoot em up !). So i doubt there would be anyone who could kill them, Buffy couldnt! and shes the current vampire slayer!

But it really would be sweet if there were some on earth! However, this is SG atlantis were talking about And ferom the sounds of it, we "could" have some here soon enough *dooooooooom*

I wonder if the wraith have upgraded there shizzle enough to break the atlantans defence shield now, thatd be pretty ****! Not that itd make much a of a differance tbh, wraith probly have all this tech anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Bogopimp
                    I wonder if the wraith have upgraded there shizzle enough to break the atlantans defence shield now, thatd be pretty ****! Not that itd make much a of a differance tbh, wraith probly have all this tech anyway!
                    Probably not because the Wraith have been hibernating so long.

Comment

I thought the wraith only hibernated for 200 years? If so, they last attacked Atlantis thousands of years ago so they’d have had time to upgrade there shields.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

We don't know how long they hibernate for. It is pretty random.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Hum, I’m sure I read somewhere that it was 200 years at a time, but even so, I don’t think it would be thousands of years at a time, because then the ancients would have more generations of people and they like to keep them small don’t they?

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Originally posted by Chevron_nine
                            But when you're bitten by a vampire, don't you turn into one? maybe Sumner is still alive
                            That's werewolves, not vampires. Vampires, according to the oldest traditions, come from the corpses of the recently dead. Sometimes they're also non-human.
                            Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                            Last update: 14 April 2006
                            Melyanna's Multimedia
                            Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                              That's werewolves, not vampires. Vampires, according to the oldest traditions, come from the corpses of the recently dead. Sometimes they're also non-human.
                              Now why would I read about the oldest traditions when I have The Simpsons, and Underworld to educate me
                              My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

Working...
                              X