X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DNA/Gene Modification machine

*S9 SPOILERS BELOW*

Just occurred to me while watching the 4th Horsemen, why dont they use the gene sequencer they got from Anubis's lab to try the same on Humans? Create our version of Ho'ktaurs to defeat the Priors, at least they'd be able to use their staffs against them and go toe to toe in telekinesis

Machine is based off anubis's original dna I think and is evil
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Might be because its unethical to use something like that. Plus who knows what a human with such might end up like. He might go crazy and turn against humanity even. Just a thought.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

In season six the team came into contact with an Ancient Gene Modification machine in Metamorphosis. Not even Nirti knew everything about it; hence why she was doing research on the locals to learn how to make a Hak'tar. The damage that was done to normal human DNA made their cells break down. Meanwhile, since Jonas was so much more advanced then the rest of them , he didn't show any side effects until Prophesy. If anything they should be looking at Langara for humans that are higher up on the Gene pool. But then again, I think Jonas just had the ancient gene and that's why he was able to see into the future. The machine awoke that ability. But as a result of all the tests done to them, the locals destroyed the machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
          In season six the team came into contact with an Ancient Gene Modification machine in Metamorphosis. Not even Nirti knew everything about it; hence why she was doing research on the locals to learn how to make a Hak'tar. The damage that was done to normal human DNA made their cells break down. Meanwhile, since Jonas was so much more advanced then the rest of them , he didn't show any side effects until Prophesy. If anything they should be looking at Langara for humans that are higher up on the Gene pool. But then again, I think Jonas just had the ancient gene and that's why he was able to see into the future. The machine awoke that ability. But as a result of all the tests done to them, the locals destroyed the machine.
          I'm inclined to agree with you on the Jonas part.....

We know that Ancients ( from Epiphany ) have precognative abilities.....
          It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz!
            I'm inclined to agree with you on the Jonas part.....

We know that Ancients ( from Epiphany ) have precognative abilities.....
            No we don't. We know that the people in Epiphany have procognitive abilities. These were most probably given to them because they were close to ascending, which I think was actuallyt said in that episode.

The people inside of that dome weren't Ancient, either. They were descendants of a tribe of people that migrated there once to ascend, like the Ancients before them. The dome was a safe haven for all to meditate and learn of ascension, specifically, people who were not Ancient.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
              No we don't. We know that the people in Epiphany have procognitive abilities. These were most probably given to them because they were close to ascending, which I think was actuallyt said in that episode.

The people inside of that dome weren't Ancient, either. They were descendants of a tribe of people that migrated there once to ascend, like the Ancients before them. The dome was a safe haven for all to meditate and learn of ascension, specifically, people who were not Ancient.
              Um... Epiphany hasn't aired in the States yet, so ... yeah don't know what your talking about...

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
                Might be because its unethical to use something like that. Plus who knows what a human with such might end up like. He might go crazy and turn against humanity even. Just a thought.
                ehh. We've plenty of people like that wandering around. They don't have super powers but they tend to be handy with knives, guns, and things that go boom.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I keep forgetting to include SPOILER warning on stuff that hasn't aired in the states yet.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                    ehh. We've plenty of people like that wandering around. They don't have super powers but they tend to be handy with knives, guns, and things that go boom.
                    Yeah we do have those but would you rather have those or have some super powered mad man who you cant possibly take down without serious loss in life?

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
                      Yeah we do have those but would you rather have those or have some super powered mad man who you cant possibly take down without serious loss in life?
                      No I would not. Which would be why it would be wise to use extremely stupid and easily distracted people (of which there are many). That way, if things get out of hand we can pull a Cam & Daniel aka. Distract and shoot.

But more seriously, to address the main topic, any gene manipulation on humans without full knowledge of the human body and the machine would just be unethical no matter the outcome. And if we succeeded and won the war you'd be left with a bunch of humans who no longer fit into the society they were born into so it would have more effects than just creating super-men. Supermen are regular people too with families and lives etc. With great power comes great responsibility and all that yarn. And I don't trust great power in the hands of humans.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Well we do have one method. give everyone the ancient gene and those personal shields from Atlantis and bingo a practically unstoppable force.
                        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                          Well we do have one method. give everyone the ancient gene and those personal shields from Atlantis and bingo a practically unstoppable force.
                          Well in terms of the Ori or their priors it doesn't really stop them from destroying the world around you and your personal shield... in which case, you're still screwed.

Comment

It's still stupid how they just cast that plotline aside once they were done with it. At least SG-1's work would've been much easier. Cam wouldn't have been eloctrocuted and framed, for instance.

Comment

Working...
                            X