This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 graduating year!...woot! ^_^

Hey guys! I got bored...so i decided to post random stuff...lol.

I was just realizing that this year is my grad year, and was wondering if anyone else was too. Even though graduation isn't for like another 5 months...i'm slowly starting to get excited...lol. So...if you want to scream and holler....go for it!

Congrats! What are you graduating from?

Comment

I'll be graduating this year, too much ahead to get excited though.
      srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Well we don't call it graduating but I'm leaving school (school not uni, i'm only 17) Unfortunately I have exams next week, coursework deadlines, and then more exams in june..... Goody
        Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Oh you mean leaving school. We only talk of graduating when you get a degree.
          srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Ahhhh, please ignore my previous post.
            Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

I totally suck I;m graduating in 2009 or 2010..
              oh wait is this a HS thrad?

Comment

*has no idea whats going on*
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

Well, I'll be graduating from university this year, after four years of pain and suffering.

I've learnt some essential life skills over these past few years, and, as a good will gesture, I will impart some of this age worn wisdom

1: A low cut top will get you free drinks
                  2: Stealing a JCB may seem like a good idea after several beers, but so does sleeping with the orangutang at the local zoo.
                  3: An essay is not an excercise in knowledge, but in rhetoric
                  4: Procrastination is an art form
                  5: Overdrafts are there to be used.
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

oops....sorry guys... I did mean High School. ^_^ Yea...as much as i wanna b graduating from college, i'm still 17 and have a long ways to go...haha. I have finals for the 1st semester in 2 weeks. Then only one more semester to go! yay!

Comment

I will be! In May, I'll be graduating from the University of San Diego with a BA in Biology. Anyone know a good zoo looking for an entry-level keeper?

My own words of college wisdom, in addition to those from Tracy Jane...

6. Learn to love the Scantron, and process of elimination.
                      7. If you don't drink coffee (or similar highly-caffeinated beverage)... start.
                      8. Office hours are goooood.
                      9. Don't look at lower-division class ratings on ratemyprofessors.com, at least not in the sciences. The best teachers get low ratings from bitter students who just couldn't cut it in a science major.
                      10. Theme parks made surprisingly good study sites when on a trip by myself. Study while you wait in line... and the reward is a ride when you get to the front!
                      /Disneyland passholder
                      //has done a whole physics take-home while in line for Indiana Jones
                      "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                      My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by *~Saminnie02~*
                        oops....sorry guys... I did mean High School. ^_^ Yea...as much as i wanna b graduating from college, i'm still 17 and have a long ways to go...haha. I have finals for the 1st semester in 2 weeks. Then only one more semester to go! yay!
                        Argh ... America is so confusing ... you see in the UK, you're final two years at school (when you're 17/18), take place in a 'college'.

also - my two college years were spent at a place called Nottingham High School

AND - at school/college in the UK, we have 'terms' not 'semesters'

BUT, when you get to university (= american college), you have semesters, not terms.

Confused yet ... cos i am

Oh yeah ... i'm 19, so at my first year of a three year course at Durham University.

And I have a collections exam a week on Friday, which i haven't revised for

Anyone else understand radial wavefunctons? No? How about Nucleophilic Addition? ... Enantiomers? Didn't think so!
                        I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by jonno
                          And I have a collections exam a week on Friday, which i haven't revised for
                          There's another difference - we call it "studying" here in the US, rather than "revising."

Anyone else understand radial wavefunctons? No? How about Nucleophilic Addition? ... Enantiomers? Didn't think so!
                          I did... awhile ago. I hated o-chem, though, and have tried to block it from my memory.
                          "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                          My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
                            There's another difference - we call it "studying" here in the US, rather than "revising."

I did... awhile ago. I hated o-chem, though, and have tried to block it from my memory.

hmm, generally we are at Uni to 'study,' but when studying for a particular exam, it's called 'revising'

Glad someone recocognised chemistry! The stuff's not actually that bad ... it's just i've been so lazy over the Christmas Hols i'm worried i won't have done enough work for the exam.
                            I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

woot! congrats! i won't be graduating from nursing school until Spring 2007
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X