X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spoilers: The Ori are coming

Spoilers:

In the latest episode of SG-1 the prior says that when the alterans left their original galaxy, sometime later the ori were born and began their religion . Apart from that he said the division between the holy side of the universe and the dark places where evil and nonbelievers dwell (aka Milky Way Ancients) and that they would one day clense this evil from the universe and destroy the evil ones, the non-believers(ancients and everyone else). With this in mind, I was just wondering what the smart folks and gateworld thought about the impending war with the Ori. Do you think the Ori will strike directly w/ ascended powers or will they choose priors and followers to overthrow this galaxy saving the ancients for one last all out battle. Tell me what you think if you've seen the latest episode.

Well I think they will first try and convert as many as possible in the MW, maybe try another crack at the Jaffa (I'm sure they can be splintered btw as tensions are so high). After that we will see a direct incursion of the Ascended Ori vs. the Ancients. As Orlin said the Ancients are unsure if they would triumph (something to that effect). BTW, I'll bet that the evil they speak about is science and that is the fractioning of the Alteran race. Or the Ancients actually did some sort of Oops evil with their science, or maybe they shunned the Ori... who knows.

Comment

the Ori will attack us using the priors and their other human followers. They want to convert as many people as they can to increase their own power. They need the extra power to defeat the Ancients. The Ori are probably outnumbered by the Ancients and other ascended beings in our galaxy. Thats probably why they need the power boost from draining the life from those who worship them.
      Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

I just don't buy the Ancients side of the story, you mean to tell me, that the Ori attempted to erase your race from the realm of existence, yet you did absolutely nothing, in terms of fighting back. But, the Wraith, you fought a hundred year war with, I can't believe what has been said, the Ancients did more than they are letting on.

As to the question, I think the Ori will try to convert more people, in order to be certain that they will triumph in a war with the Ancients, because if they so outnumbered the Ancients, they would have destroyed them a long time ago. Why don't the Ancients call for reinforcements, we know that there are ascended Ancients in at least two galaxies, Pegasus, and the Milky Way, the Ancients were also in the Asgard galaxy for a while, maybe some ascended there as well.

Comment

Simple philosophy for the Ori : convert as many followers as possible, and kill the rest. That's all they care about. Wiping out the Ancients and all non-believers. Yep, the future does not look too bright at the moment. Sooner or later, I think the Ancients are going to be forced into taking some form of stand against the Ori - our existence hanging in the balance as well as theirs.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Weren't the Alterans and the Ori at war with each at one point? Unresolved issues = more war.
            I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
              I just don't buy the Ancients side of the story, you mean to tell me, that the Ori attempted to erase your race from the realm of existence, yet you did absolutely nothing, in terms of fighting back. But, the Wraith, you fought a hundred year war with, I can't believe what has been said, the Ancients did more than they are letting on.

As to the question, I think the Ori will try to convert more people, in order to be certain that they will triumph in a war with the Ancients, because if they so outnumbered the Ancients, they would have destroyed them a long time ago. Why don't the Ancients call for reinforcements, we know that there are ascended Ancients in at least two galaxies, Pegasus, and the Milky Way, the Ancients were also in the Asgard galaxy for a while, maybe some ascended there as well.
              This was when they first splintered so they probably didnt have the technological advantage they had over the Wraith and being the more vicious of the two, the Ori would probably have done alot of harm to them. The Alterans were scientists first and warriors second.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Sorry, I'm not one of the smart folks so I can't respond...
                ...crying inconsolably

Comment

Well, we seem to be counteracting everything the Ori throw at us right now, it's actually a bit ridiculous. They've been around for millions of years and we've basically kicked them in the nuts in less than a year. The Ori arc doesn't seem to be lasting long. It wouldn't surprise me if the last episode of the season dealt with the Ori attacking the Ancients.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

they would've done that long ago if they could

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
                      Well, we seem to be counteracting everything the Ori throw at us right now, it's actually a bit ridiculous. They've been around for millions of years and we've basically kicked them in the nuts in less than a year. The Ori arc doesn't seem to be lasting long. It wouldn't surprise me if the last episode of the season dealt with the Ori attacking the Ancients.
                      I think the Ori haven't truly faced a worthy challenge against them in many millennia, the same as the Wraith in Pegasus probably haven't gone up against a technologically-advanced human race like the Atlantis team from Earth, just because both forces have managed to completely obliterate any possible resistance against them well before it becomes a true concern.

We haven't nearly seen the full extent of the Ori threat yet, I don't think, so I think the jury's still out on whether or not we're holding our own against the Ori because they haven't yet really gone in with everything at their disposal... which yeh would probably happen close to the end of the series as a whole.

I don't honestly think the Ancients would step in against the Ori on OUR behalf - but pretty soon, the Ori will be knocking hard at their door, so they're probably going to have to duke it out. And it will be close... probably shift things around in a couple of different galaxies in ways that will alter the balance in the SG universe. Big shake-ups in the future, I reckonz

Capt

Comment

Working...
                      X