This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Official Pax X Box 360 thread

Anyone on GateWorld own a 360 yet? I do and its abso-fraggin-lutely awesome! I love everything about the system so far, from the actual games (they are beautiful), to the gamertag and gamerscore (every game has Achievments that you can unlock - for example, in Kameo: Elements of Power, each boss you defeat gives you points that go into your gamerscore, winning the levels in co-op gives you points, and scoring an A in each level will give you points. A final score (each game seems to have a max of 1000 points) is earned by winning the game 100%).

Brilliant system and games... so, anyone else have one, and what are your Gamertags? Oh yeah, for those who don't have a 360, another thing that rocks is that if I add someone else as a Friend, then I can compare my score with theirs, seeing what games they own/have played, etc.

Currently I own:

Call of Duty 2 (completely won)
    Kameo: Elements of Power
    Condemned
    Dead or Alive 4
    Project Gotham Racing
    Perfect Dark Zero

Im not a stand in line kinda person... but next time they are on store shelves I will go out and get one. Currently I am on a spending spree for cheap Xbox games which I have been blowing through like fuffy snow.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Dont own one yet, Im gunna wait for the PS3 and see how the 2 consoles do in terms of games sales

but I think ill end up with a 360, the hardware architecture of the ps3 is too unique for most game developers to handle so im hypothesising that ps3 games will be very few, and will reduce in number rapidly over time
      - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

Originally posted by Nem2k
        Dont own one yet, Im gunna wait for the PS3 and see how the 2 consoles do in terms of games sales

but I think ill end up with a 360, the hardware architecture of the ps3 is too unique for most game developers to handle so im hypothesising that ps3 games will be very few, and will reduce in number rapidly over time
        Seriously, you shouldn't wait for the PS3, going to be a while! That, and the 360 is AMAZING and its out, now. It's already doing *very* well.

Comment

I heard there were some overheating problems with the 360 and that 360Live wasnt working as intended?
          - Simon

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

Comment

Originally posted by Nem2k
            I heard there were some overheating problems with the 360 and that 360Live wasnt working as intended?
            I heard that before I got my 360, and I've had it since mid December, and haven't had ONE single problem... no overheating, and Live has worked like a charm. I did hear that a *small* percentage of machines had some problems, but that's like most pieces of technology.

I've been having one continual blast since getting it

Comment

ah very cool, I wish I had the money to buy one now the number of gate cons this year has been rather damaging to the old wallet

do you wanna get me a 360 for my birthday?
              - Simon

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

Comment

i won mine through the pepsi/Doritos contest in Canada the games i have are
                (Kameo and Madden06 came with it but i took them to EB and with Kameo i got Call of Duty 2 and with Madden i got Guild Wars)

Call of Duty 2
                Perfect Dark Zero
                NFS: Most Wanted
                Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer
                  i won mine through the pepsi/Doritos contest in Canada the games i have are
                  (Kameo and Madden06 came with it but i took them to EB and with Kameo i got Call of Duty 2 and with Madden i got Guild Wars)

Call of Duty 2
                  Perfect Dark Zero
                  NFS: Most Wanted
                  Man, your now the second person I "know" that won. Too bad I dont drink pepsi.... its not fair....dangit.
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                  X