This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Life on Mars" - anyone interested?

In case you haven't caught the regular trailers. Beeb 1 are screening the first ep of a time travel mini series called "Life on Mars" about a 2006 Manchester copper that gets thrown back to 1973 and has to work with a 70s vintage police unit on Monday.

Anyone planning to watch this? Anyone interested?
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

What time is it on?
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

9pm Monday
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Could be interesting - why is it called 'Life on Mars'?
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

I've caught the trailer for this and read a small synopsis in the TV guide. It's got me interested enough to check it out. I wonder why the BBC is suddenly producing more sci-fi/fantasy shows. Could the BBC be cashing in on their success with Dr Who?
          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Just read the preview on shows mini-site......looks quite interesting...
            It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Sounds like a bonkers genre-crossing premise, as if it's not sure what kind of a show it is. Maybe that'll turn out to be its strength. Yeah, will probably check it out. My other half, who isn't really into sci fi but likes cop shows, has already circled it in the TV guide!
              sigpic
              "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
                I've caught the trailer for this and read a small synopsis in the TV guide. It's got me interested enough to check it out. I wonder why the BBC is suddenly producing more sci-fi/fantasy shows. Could the BBC be cashing in on their success with Dr Who?

And more Sci-Fi with "Hyperdrive"...yep, definately cashing-in.
                It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                  Could be interesting - why is it called 'Life on Mars'?
                  Because the main character feels like 1973 is another planet?
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by jazz!
                    And more Sci-Fi with "Hyperdrive"...yep, definately cashing-in.
                    I've seen the previews for Hyperdrive. It seems that sci-fi has now become cool, on the terrestrial channels anyway.

Comment

Saw the trailers and it didn't particularly appeal, but thought I'd see what it was like. Glad I did, really enjoyed it.

The "Don't leave me! I'm in Bupa!" bit made me laugh a lot and it was fun to travel back to the 70's. Music was wonderful as well.

In 1973 I was 2
                      LizWhite.net

Comment

Really enjoyed it. Makes a change from the usual police dramas.

Comment

Wierd, but definately had its cool moments and I'll stick around for ep 2. It certainly didn't feel like Sam had time travelled though.

Having said that, if he didn't believe he was really in 1973, why didn't he jump in an attempt to get back to 2006?
                          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Aye, it was a bit weird, but very cool. The segue from 2006 to 1973 was nicely done, with David Bowie's 'Life On Mars' playing on his iPod, to the 8 track tape playing in that old Triumph 2000. I will definitely stay with this till the end

Originally posted by Matt G
                            Having said that, if he didn't believe he was really in 1973, why didn't he jump in an attempt to get back to 2006?
                            I think he would have jumped if WPC Cartwright hadn't brought him back to his senses.

Originally posted by flippy18

In 1973 I was 2
                            I was 5 in 1973. Can't remember much from back then, only small flashes of the now classic cars in my street

Comment

I missed this, would anyone recommend catching it next week?
                              sigpic
                              "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Working...
                              X