So I'll watch my boxed sets
    And all the reruns
    Laugh at Jack's expressions
    And remember the fun.

To all fans far and wide
    Who are sad just like me
    Remember the good times
    And blame TPTB.

Nice ! I understand your comment. I really do but I like SG.1 the way it is now but I really agree with you that after season 7 it went down the hill. I don't know if you ever saw It is good to be king. That is a reminder of how good the show really was. That episode showed how good SG.1 was in the previous seasons. They say with Jack gone they survived and now are better and such. Not true ! With Jack gone 'the' SG.1 (as it has always been) was gone. New characters aren't good always ! This new SG.1 isn't what was. It is ok but those Ori well I don't really like them. They don't do anything interesting.
    We are facing our future together - Dr. Elizabeth Weir
    Dr. Elisabeth Weir is a proud member of the GTA !
    *~'.:GTA 199:.'~*

Stargate Omega: so much more than a website ! Join the place today.

Comment

Originally posted by shiznaw
      The Stargate Eulogy by Stargate7777

To all fans far and wide
      Who are sad just like me
      Remember the good times
      And blame TPTB.
      *BLUBS UNCONTROLLABLY*

Farewell, then, Stargate SG1, a much loved old friend finally succumbing to an inevitable and fatal decline. A long struggle bravely borne. We salute thee!
      sigpic
      "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

wow i am tremendously sad right now because I completely agree with you

thank you Sci-fi so much for taking a good show and dragging it through the mud and reinventing something that didnt need it

what really gets me is how TPTB at Bridge keep saying this is a better show and all is good blah blah when it clearly isnt
        - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

In the words of Montey Python's Quest for the Holy Grail:

"IM NOT DEAD YET!!"

I am sad that Stargate SG1 has taken a downhill slide in season 9, (I actually like season 8 BTW, I enjoyed almost all of it, even threads / mobius) but I am very optimistic that RDA will return and all will be well again. Season 10 is getting set up and I think even if RDA doesnt come back fully then, Stargate SG1 will be able to hold on untill at least the end of season 10 before they call it quits. If RDA comes back and the writers do an about face (like the ST ENT writers did for season 4) I can see stargate SG1 going on for a few more years yet!

Comment

Originally posted by AKnightWhoSaysNi
            In the words of Montey Python's Quest for the Holy Grail:

"IM NOT DEAD YET!!"

I am sad that Stargate SG1 has taken a downhill slide in season 9, (I actually like season 8 BTW, I enjoyed almost all of it, even threads / mobius) but I am very optimistic that RDA will return and all will be well again. Season 10 is getting set up and I think even if RDA doesnt come back fully then, Stargate SG1 will be able to hold on untill at least the end of season 10 before they call it quits. If RDA comes back and the writers do an about face (like the ST ENT writers did for season 4) I can see stargate SG1 going on for a few more years yet!
            WE! are the knights who say NI! LOL sorry i love the holy grail, funniest film ever

but I think even if RDA does come back, its not gunna save the show because we would have already had season 9 and 10 where if things dont improve, then the team relationship and dynamic is in trouble, the stories, history and mythology of the show will be dying. RDA coming back wont be able to lift the show from the grave that its currently in

besides, i highly doubt he'll be coming back for anything more than a cameo anyway
            - Simon

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

Comment

this is just basically another anti S9 thread, there's enough of them already. I personally cant understand why ppl wont give S9 a chance, it's only halfway thru ppl

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
                this is just basically another anti S9 thread, there's enough of them already. I personally cant understand why ppl wont give S9 a chance, it's only halfway thru ppl
                no harm in expressing an opinion

anyway, although it is only half way through the season, it is HALF way through the season! thats quite a fair chunk of the season thats been a disapointment. I dont think it really matters what the rest of the season will be like, overall i think its been a bit lame. one amazing season finale will not pick the show up from how bad it has gotten
                - Simon

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

Comment

well if stargate is to die at the end of season 10, they should do all they can to make it a good season and a fitting conclusion to the series. Bring back Jack, load it with all the stuff thats made stargate so good over the years, and end it in a bang!!! I think a SG1 movie might be a good way to end it too... started with a movie, ran for 10 seasons then ends with a blockbuster. Seems fitting to me!

Comment

Originally posted by AKnightWhoSaysNi
                    well if stargate is to die at the end of season 10, they should do all they can to make it a good season and a fitting conclusion to the series. Bring back Jack, load it with all the stuff thats made stargate so good over the years, and end it in a bang!!!
                    agreed

in the final season we NEED to bring back those amazing things which we loved about the original show. hopefully TPTB will feel the same and try to improve the show by incorporating elements from the old show into the current one because to me, its not SG-1 atm
                    - Simon

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

Comment

I think season 9 is, so far, better then season 8 but not as good as previous seasons. I want to be optimistic about the second half. Prototype gave me hope.
                      Last edited by GatetheWay; 06 January 2006, 10:54 AM.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                        I think season 9 is so far better then season 8 but not as good as the other previous seasons. But I want to be optimistic about the second half. Prototype gave me hope.
                        exactly, so many episodes in the second half sound just as good and better than prototype.

Comment

exactly, so many episodes in the second half sound just as good and better than prototype.
                          Yeah everbody wait till the season is threw before downgradeing it. Besides sometimes seasons are bad because theyare leading to something better as in there has to be bad for there to be good.
                          Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                          Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                          new enemy of the Ori
                          At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

The fact is the fans have expectations in their minds that the show cannot possibly live up too.

So it will always be worse or not as good as they imagined it.

I love season 9, I can't wait to see the next episode tonight and I hope there are plenty more seasons.

I take this show for what it is meant to be not what I imagine it could be.
                            I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Some of us stopped watching SG-1 before season nine. We are entitled to our opinions, no?

At any rate, very clever shiznaw.

Comment

Working...
                              X