This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unas, Ancient, or Human?

Were the first Goa'uld on Earth Unas, Ancient, or Human? This may have been dealt with on the show. I don't remember. My guess is that Ra arrived as an Unas, thus the story of Lucifer, the fallen angel of light. Probably way off base.

Im not 100% sure but I wold guess that you are right and Ra was an Unas because the Gou'ald first took the Unas as a host and before Earth, I think the writers want us to believe that there were no humans on other planets and humans from other planets are therefore descendants of Earth

That means...They're our brothers and sisters

Comment

Its been left to speculation that his host was an Unas. All that was mentioned that his host was dying. I doubt it was an ancient as Ra would have used an advantage like Anubis did then if he had access to the ancient race. Its possible that it might not have been an Unas but another race as the Goa'uld could have been searching from dozens of host races to find one that is widespread and easily adaptable like humans but nothing official.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Not sure about Ra's host being Unas, we dont know how far back Ra first took a host. If Yu was around 10,000+ years old and human origionally, then Ra may have been also. Dont forget that although trans species implantation works, it is not the best way to do things, so I think that he was always human, seeing as he looked normal, wheras Sokar, who used to be an Unas (I think) looked pretty wrecked as a human. But I doubt the Ancients could be overpowered by a symbiote.
        So, if Ra WAS human, and he was the first Goa'uld on earth, the answer is human. If he took the planet from another, then perhaps there were Unas here first.
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Unas were one of the first host of the goa'uld Tealc said that in the Sumeria episode, but I agree there were probably other host taken to explore adaptabilty; such as Ra's host (Tall looking Roswell style alien with sharp teeth). But an Goa'uld in an Unas was probably one of the earliest forms they took. P.S. Socar looked wrecked like that because he wanted to look like the Devil, it had nothing to do with the fact he used to have an Unas as a host.

Comment

the Unas were "The First Ones"...

...The Unas and Goa'uld evolved on the same planet!

...as stated before, Ra would have tested other types of huminoids

...It is quite logical to assume that the Goa'uld could have taken an Ancient as a Host...they are scavengers and learning to building spaceships is not something I would ever think a parasite being able to do!... Although if Ancient and Goa'uld did meet, then there should have been a conflict...and no such conflict exists....
            It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

They didn't take a Ancient as a host if they did they would have had mch better tec, ships, weapons, and they would have had cloak tec.

Sokar looks like that because he wants to be a devil just look at those who worship the devil and you'll see they look like sokar.

Ra had no a human host because if you listen to Eygiptain mythology Ra was the one god which brought forth lots of gods and those gods brought more gods anyhow Ra got really old and died and believed to come back again as in he was in he was really old and his host was about to die so he jumped into a close host as in a human. So Ra was in a old Unas that was about to die since he was on earth he needed a host and fast so he had all the humans so he jumped in one of those.
              Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
              Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
              new enemy of the Ori
              At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

ra first used humans. the rest used unas.

but btw ra came to earth in 8000bc maybe just before (days/months) the alterrans returned.

Comment

if a snake had taken an ancient host they've have so much knowledge and much better tech. so no.

alterrans prolly went into hiding (sodan planet?) after goauld (ra arrived on earth before or the same time 10000 years ago) took all their tech for himself

Comment

Yes, I agree, there definitely we'rent any ancient hosts... at least none that we know of
                    ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

From everything I've gathered about the Stargate universe, the Ancients were never taken over as hosts, seeing as the Goa'uld don't have a level of technology that matches them. But, when the Ancients left, they left behind several outposts which of course housed some of their tech, which the Goa'uld would have found as they roamed the galaxy in Unas bodies. Basically, I theorize that when the Goa'uld took on Unas hosts, they left through the Stargate and came across other advanced races. It's possible that a few Goa'uld took them as hosts (but still preferred the Unas up until humans came along) and took their knowledge, utilizing different kinds of tech including ships and pyramids, implimenting what Ancient technology they had scrounged up. When they came to earth, Ra found that humans proved to be much easier to heal in a sarcophogus than an Unas (as well as a whole lot prettier) and the rest of the Goa'uld followed suit, leaving only a few Goa'uld who stayed in Unas bodies (most of whom apparently served Sokar). That's just my theory.
                      Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

i believe that the first hosts were the Unas. both evolved on the same planet and i think it would be a safe assumption to say that the symbiotes took over Jaffa before learning to use the gate and finding new, more advanced hosts.

Ra will always be a grey area. he was a parasite by taking over a host but he wasn't a snake and he wasn't an Unas (Furling would be cool) which means he could have been 2 aliens within one human or an advaned alien from a dying race who used his power to secure dominance over the goa'uld who had been using less advanced technology that Ra's alien host was using.

i think that the Goa'uld only came across minor stuff like ring transporters. everything else doesn't seem to be Ancient so i don't believe they ever took over an Ancient because an Anicent host would create a super powerful Goa'uld who can kick ass, like Anubis. plus a pre-ascension host would be more powerful than that

sigpic

Comment

Indeed, Unas were the very first Goa'uld hosts, hence the name of the episode "The First Ones".

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
                            Ra will always be a grey area. he was a parasite by taking over a host but he wasn't a snake and he wasn't an Unas (Furling would be cool) which means he could have been 2 aliens within one human or an advaned alien from a dying race who used his power to secure dominance over the goa'uld who had been using less advanced technology that Ra's alien host was using.
                            When has it ever been said he wasnt a snake? Yes in the movie, but the movie and the show are not the same, he was the supreme system lord of the Goa'uld, so he WAS a snake.

Originally posted by I love Daniel!
                            Indeed, Unas were the very first Goa'uld hosts, hence the name of the episode "The First Ones".
                            That doesnt mean that Ra was an Unas, or that he was one of the first Goa'uld, just that the earliest Goa'uld used Unas hosts
                            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                              When has it ever been said he wasnt a snake? Yes in the movie, but the movie and the show are not the same, he was the supreme system lord of the Goa'uld, so he WAS a snake.
                              It's probably best to reject the movie's version of what a Goa'uld Symbiote is.
                              It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X