This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two reviews of SG-1 and SGA

The Seattle Times has a review of this ep with a nice mention of Ben and Michael:

Former "Farscape" star Ben Browder (Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell) and "SG-1" veteran Michael Shanks (Dr. Daniel Jackson) are developing some fun on-screen rapport, but side stories involving principals Amanda Tapping (Lt. Col. Samantha Carter) and Christopher Judge (Teal'c) aren't as memorable. And some of the episode's scenes seem unnecessarily corny and contrived.

While "SG-1" continues to reinvent itself with new heroes and enemies, the cast of "Stargate Atlantis" is settling into its extra-galactic surroundings quite well. In fact, the show and its stars seem to be having lots of fun. Case in point: Dr. McKay's (David Hewlett) hysterical reaction to the Wraith's superstrength enzyme, is a side splitter.

Here's the whole article: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...yndication=rss

And this is what the Chicago Times says:

"Stargate SG-1" and "Stargate Atlantis," 7 p.m. and 8 p.m. Friday, Sci Fi: The best part of "SG-1's" return, in which the team fights a plague unleashed on Earth by the evil Ori, is the subtle comedic interplay between new cast member Ben Browder and "SG-1" veteran Michael Shanks; the best part of the return of "Atlantis" is, as usual, watching the comedic talents of David Hewlett, who has some funny scenes after his character, nerdy scientist Rodney McKay, ingests what amounts to he-man juice.

Here's the rest of that article: http://www.chicagotribune.com/entert...,2072985.story

meh, they sound like carbon copies of each other...

Comment

Thanks for the links! Subtle comedy on Stargate. After all the sledgehammer hit you over the head type comedy in the first half of the season, will we be able to adjust? Well it's an opportunity that I welcome anyways! Looking forward to some nice Mitchell/Daniel interplay. We've been really light on interaction between these two characters. Nice that both reviewers were drawn to the same thing.

Comment

Hahaha! He-man juice!

Comment

Decent reviews of the two shows. I totally agree about the Daniel/Cameron interactions. I think we're in for some comedic gold in the future, my friends.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
            Hahaha! He-man juice!
            That's a new one.

Comment

Working...
            X