Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanx a lot, I'll av to look at them and get myself some tickets.

And I like both shows

THANX 2 EVRY1

Comment

Yeah when it comes to selling of collectibles it is all a matter of who wants the item at the time your selling. I had a comic that was valued at $750 and sold it at the right time for $1,200 when a couple folks got into a biding war at a trade show for it. Then I had an action figure go for half what it was valued at and then two months later saw the same figure sell for three times it's value. So it all is about supply and demand.

Sky way cool RDA pic.

I have more autographed SG & SGA pics than I can display - I also have a signed SG-1 & SGA baseball cap, my favorite signed items are an SGA script and the TV Guide issue with BB & AT signed by them both.
      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

I've got the usual personalised 8x10's and a couple of signed posters (both SG1 and Atlantis) that have been collected at cons and signing events. I've had a couple of signed group photo's and individual RDA's from Stargateprops and have had one of the rarer Stargate comics signed.

My 2 prized possesions however are Amanda's Shavadi costume from Emancipation (not the blue dress, the more native one) and one of her screen used black uniform tshirts which I asked her to sign.

One thing I would love would be to have anything personalised by RDA, but i suppose who wouldn't! (Am I green with envy Skydiver!)
        sigpic

Comment

that's what i've always wanted, more than commercial junk is something 'real', such as a prop. I've got an arrow from double jeopardy and a sling shot from one of the jaffa eps. since they weren't well known or popular actor props, they didn't sell for a crazy amount. but it's like having a piece of the show.

i'd take that any day of the week over mass produced logo'd merchandise
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I know waht you mean and agree 100%. I was lucky, I got the costume from one of Stargateprops first auctions so there were not as many people vying for all the stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing what they have at at Gabit this year.
            sigpic

Comment

I have a autographed picture os AT, CJ, and MS. I also have a Black Stargate SG-1 jacket. Soon, I will have the action figure line as well.

Comment

[gush]My most prized possession signed wise is a poster of Ben Browder as Lee Majors from "Behind the Camera: The Unauthorized Story of 'Charlie's Angels'". The three reasons it is special is because Ben gave it to me(thank you Ben!) ,it's a prop from the movie and Ben signed it backstage for me too when he wasn't signing at the convention at all that year. Ben's a very thoughtful and generous guy(he gave myself and two other fellow Ben Browder site runners these gifts) and very good to us fans.[/gush]

Comment

Originally posted by BritAngie
                  [gush]My most prized possession signed wise is a poster of Ben Browder as Lee Majors from "Behind the Camera: The Unauthorized Story of 'Charlie's Angels'". The three reasons it is special is because Ben gave it to me(thank you Ben!) ,it's a prop from the movie and Ben signed it backstage for me too when he wasn't signing at the convention at all that year. Ben's a very thoughtful and generous guy(he gave myself and two other fellow Ben Browder site runners these gifts) and very good to us fans.[/gush]
                  how cool!

to me 'personal' things like that are so much cooler than anything else. One of my fav pics is the pic that don had taken with him holding hammy (a lemming that's named after Hammond)

he requested that that pic be taken, then he signed it. and, even though i'm sure it was a lark to him at the time, it still meant a lot to me.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    how cool!

to me 'personal' things like that are so much cooler than anything else. One of my fav pics is the pic that don had taken with him holding hammy (a lemming that's named after Hammond)

he requested that that pic be taken, then he signed it. and, even though i'm sure it was a lark to him at the time, it still meant a lot to me.
                    It's the fact that although it maybe something relatively small -to go that extra mile means an awful lot. I don't think I will ever forget Ben calling me up to the stage at the con in front of everyone and giving me something-was just really unexpected.

At least when you look at that picture you know that Don was having a fun time and had some of that fun with you(and hammy) and it has been captured forever. That moment is worth a million because it has a really great memory attached to it.

Comment

i have a 2 signed photos of Paul McGillion and a poster signed by him when he visted Belfast. the photos are of SG1 and Atlantis, 1 as young Ernest and the other as Dr. Beckett and the poster is this great looking blend of him, Atlantis and the Atlantis gate.

i've also got Robert Picardo signed photos. 1 from him as Woolsey, another with Pircardo (as the Doctor) surrounded by Borg and a poster of him and Data (which was signed by him and Spiner). other than the poster whcih was already signed, everything was signed for me and has my name on them.

also got my pictures taken with them and i need to get my McGillion one developed so i'll need to make sure i have that camera somewhere.

all the conventions happen in England and for a few of the actors to visit both Dublin and Belfast and visit the fans is just great. there is a small collection of fans here, but any convention here would mean most people would come from England and it would just to be inconvenient so at least we get some of the well known and popular actors

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X