X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doom Hits DVD Unrated

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=34001

Doom, last year's SF movie based on the hit video-game series, hits DVD and UMD in an "unrated extended edition" on Feb. 7, Universal Studios Home Entertainment announced.
    sigpic

This movie was crap a few extra scenes wont do much IMO
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Must not have been in theaters long. I forgot it even came out.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I never saw it. I made a point never to watch any film with the Rock in it.... Here's a point, why can't he change his screen name, why is it still "The Rock"?! Suppose, "Dwayne" doesn't draw up connotations of an action hero....
        Last edited by Anubis69; 04 January 2006, 03:00 PM.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

it was a horrible film, and didnt do any justice to the doom series of games at all
          - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

They're bothering to release that on DVD? It's a waste of.....whatever DVD's are made of.

Comment

Haven't seen the movie yet, But I' game when the DVD comes out
              Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Dang, That's sad
                The movie was a big waste of money, I hope they don't do the same with Halo

Comment

i saw it in theaters.
                  for fun. was good sunday afternoon waste of time entertainment.

but, yeah, it was pretty bad.

Also, The Rock is pretty decent as an actor - kind of.

Make sure you catch him in The Rundown - because that is a fantastic movie. His others aren't that hot, but Rundown is top shelf fun, definitely.
                  Also, it has Christopher Walken in it, so, i mean, you gotta see it.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyMckay
                    Dang, That's sad
                    The movie was a big waste of money, I hope they don't do the same with Halo
                    tbh, a lot of studio execs are now clumping halo in the same category as doom...the video game to movie genre
                    and because doom tanked, i wouldnt be surprised if the studio dramatically reduces the budget for halo
                    - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

you know movies wouldn't be so bad if studios didn't sign off on such terrible scripts.

i always figure a movie consists of:
                      33% acting
                      33% script/dialogue
                      33% cinematography/visual effects, etc
                      1% love

If people stuck to what was originally supposed to be there, and instead of making every movie the same and cliche, i don't think there'd be as many box office bombs

Comment

The movie came and went faster than I can finish a bag of popcorn -- it was bad, but if you take it as it is there's really no room for disappointment. It was rather funny actually...bad acting, silly plot, etc..
                        Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                          Must not have been in theaters long. I forgot it even came out.
                          I think it was in theaters for about a month, that was it. I know it wasn't very long. I decided against seeing it, mostly because i hate spending $30 bucks to sit and essentially watch television for 2 hours when i can do that for free at home.

Comment

i'm not even gonna netflix it....

just no desire to see that...
                            Thanks!
                            Jordan

my page
                            My LJ
                            From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                              This movie was crap a few extra scenes wont do much IMO
                              Ok, I wasnt going to watch this movie because it got really bad ratings and everyone said it was crp... but someone at work really liked it and wanted to loan it to me so I felt obligated to watch it.

I gotta say, maybe it was my low expectations, but I really didnt think it was that bad. Was it a Super\Great movie or anything? No. But was it a terrible stinker, like say Krull, not even close. I thought this was a fine action shootem up and I would have no problems watching it again. I even watched the extras, which I never do with movies that I dislike.

I thought all the actors did really, really good job. The military training their TPTB put them through really paid off and made me buy into the characters. Everyone delivered their lines really well even the cliche annoying guy (who couldnt die fast enough for me). I was actually sad when the first guy
                              Spoiler:
                              Goat got it. I dont know what it was, but something about that actor I really like. It seems like I have seen him somewhere.
                              . I like the actor that played Grim and I like the little twist at the end
                              Spoiler:
                              maybe I wouldnt have liked it so much if the ROCK had been the good guy, although I thought he did a good job too, but I did like the twist

Funny thing, just nitpicks with the whole DOOM universe though.
                              1) Why do they get flashlights in the movie but we dont have them in the game? I wont play the game for this specific reason... annoys me too much
                              2) They are super advanced space mariens but they have no night vision?
                              3) The dude playing the handheld game at the beginnning... what was that from like 1980? Seriously any gameboy is more advanced then that... maybe thats why they dont have night vision... in that universe they can apparently create BFG but no good handheld games or night vision

I give this movie a solid B. It entertained me. It pulled me into the show enough not to roll my eyes at anything. The acting was well done. The special affects were well done. No thinking was required but it wasnt expected. Plain old FPS. It did its job and was a little better then average because of the actors and their premovie training and the SFX.

EDIT: Ok, I admit I did roll my eyes a little when it went into FPS camera mode... but that didnt last too long... other then that, nothing really annoyed me.
                              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                              X