This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheppard/Teyla Ship and Sheppard/Weir Ship Discussion Thread

This is a neutral ground for all shippers to discuss in honest and friendly terms their ships. I'm doing this because of the recent numbers of Shep/Weir shippers poking into our thread, and the number of Shepmagen shippers doing the same to the Shep/Weir thread. This is a place for all those discussions and more.. Rule number one of this thread is to RESPECT ALL SHIPPERS! We are all similar, we just see things differently. Rember that, and we'll have a great time discussing this.
    Last edited by Cpt. Ritter; 04 January 2006, 05:36 PM.
    Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Great idea! So I don't have to flood the Shep/Teyla thread anymore.
    I'm a Sparky but I really like the interaction of Teyla and Shep.
    It's great to see them work together, they trust and respect each other. And to be honest in some eps I can see their 'glow'.
    sigpic

Comment

Neutral ground is good, considering the number of curious shippers who feel like they are betraying or dodging flying arrows of stuff like that when going into other Ship threads. Good call, Ritter, my man.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
        This is a neutral ground for Shep/Teyla shippers and Shep/Weir shippers to discuss in honest and friendly terms their two ships. Rule number one of this thread is to RESPECT ALL SHIPPERS! We are all similar, we just see things differently. Rember that, and we'll have a great time discussing this.
        With all respect Ritter, and heaven knows you know I'm all for shippers from all persausions talking to each other and I bounce in and out of shipper threads frequently (actually I like doing that), but I'm wondering if the thread title is a little inflammatory and we might get folks looking for trouble wandering in? Perahps just Sheppard/Teyla and Sheppard/Weir thread? Or the Sheppard/Teyla and Sheppard/Weir playground?

I think we should also all agree that people coming in to cause trouble and saying things like "Weir is a ho", should be kicked to the curb immediately. Because I'm sure that is not what you intended...

Comment

If we can handle this thread really neutraly, than it's great.

I'm a sparky too. At the beginning of the show I knew that TPTB planned on heading to Sheyla, but to be very honest, in the 1st season I didn't really like Teyla. That changed drastically this season, and now when I rewatch the 1st season I even see some good moments between John and Teyla, but I'm still not sooo sure that it's more than Brother/sister-like.
          I think at the moment between John and Liz it's also the friendship what is much more important than anything else, and that's, what TPTB really try to explore at the moment I think!

Generally IMO if it either one of these two ships, they shouldn't get really together until the last 1-10 episodes of the show, otherwise it would ruin it

Comment

its a good idea... that way we can all talk as fellow shippers without bitin' each other's heads off, yes we all have our opinions... i ship shep/teyla, but who knows that could change, i like the friendship between shep/weir... (yes they do have good scenes together in S2.. who knows in time it may grow to more... but let it happen at its own pace and i may start to ship shep/weir)
            sigpic

Comment

Great idea Ritter This way anyone intested can read what's here instead of starting the same conversation multiple times in both ship threads. (I'm Shep/Teyla)

Comment

Awsome idea for a thread...that way I can express my Shep/Weir friendship that I like and my Shep/Teyla ship (which seems to be dewindling a bit ) without any hurt feelings, etc.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                  With all respect Ritter, and heaven knows you know I'm all for shippers from all persausions talking to each other and I bounce in and out of shipper threads frequently (actually I like doing that), but I'm wondering if the thread title is a little inflammatory and we might get folks looking for trouble wandering in? Perahps just Sheppard/Teyla and Sheppard/Weir thread? Or the Sheppard/Teyla and Sheppard/Weir playground?
                  I agree with astro - perhaps the thread should be changed to remove the "versus"? Other than that this thread is a great idea as long as everyone plays nice.

And once again, my ship sails by under the radar.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka
                    If we can handle this thread really neutraly, than it's great.

I'm a sparky too. At the beginning of the show I knew that TPTB planned on heading to Sheyla, but to be very honest, in the 1st season I didn't really like Teyla. That changed drastically this season, and now when I rewatch the 1st season I even see some good moments between John and Teyla, but I'm still not sooo sure that it's more than Brother/sister-like.
                    I think at the moment between John and Liz it's also the friendship what is much more important than anything else, and that's, what TPTB really try to explore at the moment I think!

Generally IMO if it either one of these two ships, they shouldn't get really together until the last 1-10 episodes of the show, otherwise it would ruin it
                    I liked Teyla from the start...favorite character...it was actually Weir who I was nuetral on during 'The Rising' because of my previous opinions of the character I made from SG:1...she came in and good-bye Hammond! Noooo!

I didn't hate the character but she wasn't my favorite so when Weir was to be part of Atlantis I just kinda shrugged my shoulders and was like okay...

So during 'The Rising' I really got into Teyla's character and the ship involved with her..I tend to ship more with the character of Teyla which is why I do visit the Ronon/Teyla thread and the now the Carson/Teyla thread...

Since watching Atlantis I can now say I love Weir played by TH ...female leadership is always good in my opinion but I was already a Shepmagan, Shep/Teyla fan and don't switch sides easily. I'm set in my ways and see ship for these two...

I also now start to see McWeir because of a friend I met here...Caz has me seeing moments for these two...and my brother has me seeing Caldwell/Weir!

I also now look for Shep/Weir moments but to me they always mean friendship first...I can't help it I'm bias towards Shepmagan prettiness!
                    But I did like the hug between them...it was so glad you're not dead

I think I need to come out with a siggy that says proud Multi-shipper!

Comment

Yea, maybe the title should be like something along the lines of 'Shep/Teyla and Shep/Weir Shippers Unite As One' or something like that
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                        I agree with astro - perhaps the thread should be changed to remove the "versus"? Other than that this thread is a great idea as long as everyone plays nice.

And once again, my ship sails by under the radar.
                        aha! Not so fast my Toaster friend... I vote we include all the Atlantis ships...

Comment

Originally posted by AthosianGirl
                          I liked Teyla from the start...favorite character...it was actually Weir who I was nuetral on during 'The Rising' because of my previous opinions of the character I made from SG:1...she came in and good-bye Hammond! Noooo!

I didn't hate the character but she wasn't my favorite so when Weir was to be part of Atlantis I just kinda shrugged my shoulders and was like okay...

So during 'The Rising' I really got into Teyla's character and the ship involved with her..I tend to ship more with the character of Teyla which is why I do visit the Ronon/Teyla thread and the now the Carson/Teyla thread...

Since watching Atlantis I can now say I love Weir played by TH ...female leadership is always good in my opinion but I was already a Shepmagan, Shep/Teyla fan and don't switch sides easily. I'm set in my ways and see ship for these two...

I also now start to see McWeir because of a friend I met here...Caz has me seeing moments for these two...and my brother has me seeing Caldwell/Weir!

I also now look for Shep/Weir moments but to me they always mean friendship first...I can't help it I'm bias towards Shepmagan prettiness!
                          But I did like the hug between them...it was so glad you're not dead

I think I need to come out with a siggy that says proud Multi-shipper!
                          Well the first two episodes I weren't really happy about Weir too...above all bc they didn't air New Order here yet, when they aired Rising...so from on cut to the other Weir turned from blonde into brunett and I was like Häh???? But I think it may helped me a lot from don't seeing Weir as the one who got Hammonds chair. Somewhere around episode 5 she grew into my favourite character and that stayed till today...and I totaly love Torri playing her now, she's a great actress...I can say that after seeing some other films with her

Well I think I could never switch John or Elizabeth shipping with anyone else than each other now.
                          The other I tend more. Funny I started to like Teyla when her interactions with Ronon started so I shipped for them, but now after seeing her with Carson, I'm very much into them

It's funny how different people can be...we are all watching exactly the same show, but ship for two totaly different pairings!

Comment

so true Dorka...i happen to ship ronon/teyla, shep/teyla, mckay/weir, dex/shep, carson/mckay and now shep/weir
                            sigpic

Comment

How far down to we have to break out in our categories? We have:

Sheppard/Weir Ship Thread
                              Sheppard/Weir Friendship Thread
                              Sheppard/Teyla Ship Thread
                              Teyla/Weir Friendship
                              Teyla/Weir Ship (yes, there IS one)
                              Teyla WOW
                              Weir WOW
                              Teyla Discussion
                              Weir Discussion

Now we have Shep/Tey/Shep/Weir Discussion

I guess we really need a Shep/Teyla Friendship Thread - we're missing that one.

My question is. . WHY do we even need all these threads? If you really want to talk to opposing shippers then go to that thread. If you come in with intelligent conversation, there isn't a problem. .now, if an S/T person goes into S/W spouting off about Shep/Teyla beautiful babies (yes, this has happened), they are going to be blasted. So it goes. Just be mature and honest and no one gets hurt.

In the meantime, we have a bazillion threads on basically the same subject with people posting the same things and racking up their post counts. To make matters worse, GW servers have enough trouble keeping up with the crowd. Redundency makes matters worse.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Working...
                              X