Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Sheppard/Teyla Ship and Sheppard/Weir Ship Discussion Thread

This is a neutral ground for all shippers to discuss in honest and friendly terms their ships. I'm doing this because of the recent numbers of Shep/Weir shippers poking into our thread, and the number of Shepmagen shippers doing the same to the Shep/Weir thread. This is a place for all those discussions and more.. Rule number one of this thread is to RESPECT ALL SHIPPERS! We are all similar, we just see things differently. Rember that, and we'll have a great time discussing this.

Default Re: Sheppard/Teyla Ship versus Sheppard/Weir Ship Discussion Thread

Great idea! So I don't have to flood the Shep/Teyla thread anymore.
    I'm a Sparky but I really like the interaction of Teyla and Shep.
    It's great to see them work together, they trust and respect each other. And to be honest in some eps I can see their 'glow'.

Neutral ground is good, considering the number of curious shippers who feel like they are betraying or dodging flying arrows of stuff like that when going into other Ship threads. Good call, Ritter, my man.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Ritter
    This is a neutral ground for Shep/Teyla shippers and Shep/Weir shippers to discuss in honest and friendly terms their two ships. Rule number one of this thread is to RESPECT ALL SHIPPERS! We are all similar, we just see things differently. Rember that, and we'll have a great time discussing this.
    With all respect Ritter, and heaven knows you know I'm all for shippers from all persausions talking to each other and I bounce in and out of shipper threads frequently (actually I like doing that), but I'm wondering if the thread title is a little inflammatory and we might get folks looking for trouble wandering in? Perahps just Sheppard/Teyla and Sheppard/Weir thread? Or the Sheppard/Teyla and Sheppard/Weir playground?

I think we should also all agree that people coming in to cause trouble and saying things like "Weir is a ho", should be kicked to the curb immediately. Because I'm sure that is not what you intended...

If we can handle this thread really neutraly, than it's great.

I'm a sparky too. At the beginning of the show I knew that TPTB planned on heading to Sheyla, but to be very honest, in the 1st season I didn't really like Teyla. That changed drastically this season, and now when I rewatch the 1st season I even see some good moments between John and Teyla, but I'm still not sooo sure that it's more than Brother/sister-like.
    I think at the moment between John and Liz it's also the friendship what is much more important than anything else, and that's, what TPTB really try to explore at the moment I think!

Generally IMO if it either one of these two ships, they shouldn't get really together until the last 1-10 episodes of the show, otherwise it would ruin it

for me to know.. and for you to find out.

its a good idea... that way we can all talk as fellow shippers without bitin' each other's heads off, yes we all have our opinions... i ship shep/teyla, but who knows that could change, i like the friendship between shep/weir... (yes they do have good scenes together in S2.. who knows in time it may grow to more... but let it happen at its own pace and i may start to ship shep/weir)

Great idea Ritter This way anyone intested can read what's here instead of starting the same conversation multiple times in both ship threads. (I'm Shep/Teyla)

Awsome idea for a thread...that way I can express my Shep/Weir friendship that I like and my Shep/Teyla ship (which seems to be dewindling a bit ) without any hurt feelings, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by astronomicalchick
    With all respect Ritter, and heaven knows you know I'm all for shippers from all persausions talking to each other and I bounce in and out of shipper threads frequently (actually I like doing that), but I'm wondering if the thread title is a little inflammatory and we might get folks looking for trouble wandering in? Perahps just Sheppard/Teyla and Sheppard/Weir thread? Or the Sheppard/Teyla and Sheppard/Weir playground?
    I agree with astro - perhaps the thread should be changed to remove the "versus"? Other than that this thread is a great idea as long as everyone plays nice.

And once again, my ship sails by under the radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorka
    If we can handle this thread really neutraly, than it's great.

I'm a sparky too. At the beginning of the show I knew that TPTB planned on heading to Sheyla, but to be very honest, in the 1st season I didn't really like Teyla. That changed drastically this season, and now when I rewatch the 1st season I even see some good moments between John and Teyla, but I'm still not sooo sure that it's more than Brother/sister-like.
    I think at the moment between John and Liz it's also the friendship what is much more important than anything else, and that's, what TPTB really try to explore at the moment I think!

Generally IMO if it either one of these two ships, they shouldn't get really together until the last 1-10 episodes of the show, otherwise it would ruin it
    I liked Teyla from the start...favorite character...it was actually Weir who I was nuetral on during 'The Rising' because of my previous opinions of the character I made from SG:1...she came in and good-bye Hammond! Noooo!

I didn't hate the character but she wasn't my favorite so when Weir was to be part of Atlantis I just kinda shrugged my shoulders and was like okay...

So during 'The Rising' I really got into Teyla's character and the ship involved with her..I tend to ship more with the character of Teyla which is why I do visit the Ronon/Teyla thread and the now the Carson/Teyla thread...

Since watching Atlantis I can now say I love Weir played by TH ...female leadership is always good in my opinion but I was already a Shepmagan, Shep/Teyla fan and don't switch sides easily. I'm set in my ways and see ship for these two...

I also now start to see McWeir because of a friend I met here...Caz has me seeing moments for these two...and my brother has me seeing Caldwell/Weir!

I also now look for Shep/Weir moments but to me they always mean friendship first...I can't help it I'm bias towards Shepmagan prettiness!
    But I did like the hug between them...it was so glad you're not dead

I think I need to come out with a siggy that says proud Multi-shipper!

Yea, maybe the title should be like something along the lines of 'Shep/Teyla and Shep/Weir Shippers Unite As One' or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOnFire
    I agree with astro - perhaps the thread should be changed to remove the "versus"? Other than that this thread is a great idea as long as everyone plays nice.

And once again, my ship sails by under the radar.
    aha! Not so fast my Toaster friend... I vote we include all the Atlantis ships...

Quote Originally Posted by AthosianGirl
    I liked Teyla from the start...favorite character...it was actually Weir who I was nuetral on during 'The Rising' because of my previous opinions of the character I made from SG:1...she came in and good-bye Hammond! Noooo!

I didn't hate the character but she wasn't my favorite so when Weir was to be part of Atlantis I just kinda shrugged my shoulders and was like okay...

So during 'The Rising' I really got into Teyla's character and the ship involved with her..I tend to ship more with the character of Teyla which is why I do visit the Ronon/Teyla thread and the now the Carson/Teyla thread...

Since watching Atlantis I can now say I love Weir played by TH ...female leadership is always good in my opinion but I was already a Shepmagan, Shep/Teyla fan and don't switch sides easily. I'm set in my ways and see ship for these two...

I also now start to see McWeir because of a friend I met here...Caz has me seeing moments for these two...and my brother has me seeing Caldwell/Weir!

I also now look for Shep/Weir moments but to me they always mean friendship first...I can't help it I'm bias towards Shepmagan prettiness!
    But I did like the hug between them...it was so glad you're not dead

I think I need to come out with a siggy that says proud Multi-shipper!
    Well the first two episodes I weren't really happy about Weir too...above all bc they didn't air New Order here yet, when they aired Rising...so from on cut to the other Weir turned from blonde into brunett and I was like Häh???? But I think it may helped me a lot from don't seeing Weir as the one who got Hammonds chair. Somewhere around episode 5 she grew into my favourite character and that stayed till today...and I totaly love Torri playing her now, she's a great actress...I can say that after seeing some other films with her

Well I think I could never switch John or Elizabeth shipping with anyone else than each other now.
    The other I tend more. Funny I started to like Teyla when her interactions with Ronon started so I shipped for them, but now after seeing her with Carson, I'm very much into them

It's funny how different people can be...we are all watching exactly the same show, but ship for two totaly different pairings!

so true Dorka...i happen to ship ronon/teyla, shep/teyla, mckay/weir, dex/shep, carson/mckay and now shep/weir

Don't know as I'm shrill and ill-informed

How far down to we have to break out in our categories? We have:

Sheppard/Weir Ship Thread
    Sheppard/Weir Friendship Thread
    Sheppard/Teyla Ship Thread
    Teyla/Weir Friendship
    Teyla/Weir Ship (yes, there IS one)
    Teyla WOW
    Weir WOW
    Teyla Discussion
    Weir Discussion

Now we have Shep/Tey/Shep/Weir Discussion

I guess we really need a Shep/Teyla Friendship Thread - we're missing that one.

My question is. . WHY do we even need all these threads? If you really want to talk to opposing shippers then go to that thread. If you come in with intelligent conversation, there isn't a problem. .now, if an S/T person goes into S/W spouting off about Shep/Teyla beautiful babies (yes, this has happened), they are going to be blasted. So it goes. Just be mature and honest and no one gets hurt.

In the meantime, we have a bazillion threads on basically the same subject with people posting the same things and racking up their post counts. To make matters worse, GW servers have enough trouble keeping up with the crowd. Redundency makes matters worse.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/joesmom1/Kitty.bmp

When all else fails, change channels.

i agree FP with you on that...we should all be able to express our opinons (without fighting) in the opposing ship threads

Quote Originally Posted by FoolishPleasure

Now we have Shep/Tey/Shep/Weir Discussion

I guess we really need a Shep/Teyla Friendship Thread - we're missing that one.

My question is. . WHY do we even need all these threads? If you really want to talk to opposing shippers then go to that thread. If you come in with intelligent conversation, there isn't a problem. .now, if an S/T person goes into S/W spouting off about Shep/Teyla beautiful babies (yes, this has happened), they are going to be blasted. So it goes. Just be mature and honest and no one gets hurt.

In the meantime, we have a bazillion threads on basically the same subject with people posting the same things and racking up their post counts. To make matters worse, GW servers have enough trouble keeping up with the crowd. Redundency makes matters worse.
    Well I have thought some of them were a bit superfluous but many shep/weirs have been coming to shep/teyla lately asking innocent curious questions and while we're only too happy to accomodate them a new shep/weir will come in every other week and we have to explain all over again. We certainly don't mind, but I think this is easier for everyone and there's no worry about hard feelings. And hopefully avoid things like the incident you cited on the Shep/Weir thread, and the concerned citizen who thought it was wrong for Shep/Teyla's to jokingly call Shep/Weirs 'the enemy' on our own thread. This thread would not be here if there wasn't a demand for it. Hopefully it'll serve it purpose. Answering questions and uniting shippers. And for my part, the first person who starts the Shep/Weir versus Shep Teyla Discussion thread (the same title in reverse) gets it!

Second Lieutenant Commander Aegir's Avatar

McKay Re: Sheppard/Teyla Ship versus Sheppard/Weir Ship Discussion Thread

The Sheppard/Teyla ship is more comradship than a loving relationship but there is definatly more to the Sheppard/Weir ship than meets the eye.

p.s. I love the new icons!!!
    "I ask you, what could possibly be in my eye that would explain this"

HALLOWED ARE THE SHIPPERS!

PROUD TO BE ENGLISH

Second Lieutenant green_eyed_lady's Avatar

First of all I would just like to say how awesome Ritter is for making a thread like this, because ship wars are really dumb, childish and immature. So it's good to have a thread where we can all (in the words of John Lennon) "give peace a chance".... and yes that was corny I know. I am the Queen of cornyness.

I'm a sheyla fan first and foremost, although I do see the connection between shep and weir. It is very powerful and very strong (just like that of shep/teyla), regardless of what type of relationship (just like shep/telya).

Also, it is obvious that Sheppard cares very very much for each woman, yet in what ways isn't exactly clear as of yet.

Oh and here is a picture that I have always loved, because IMHO the expression on Shep's face kind of addresses the ship confusion that I know alot of us feel when the writers juggle our respective ships around.

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/gr...2cast_27.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by FoolishPleasure
    Teyla/Weir Ship (yes, there IS one)
    There's teyla/weir ship? seriously?!?

I'm a sparky shipper by nature, but I also think that Sheppard and Teyla have a great bond, as shown in "suspicion" and "the gift". I also am starting to be a Telyla /Ronon shipper, but that isn't really relevant here.

Ok so all the posts so far have been on why this thread is such a good idea, let's get to the point: We all have our ships. Why do we have them?

I first noticed the sheppard/weir thing at the end of the eye, and it built until 39:30 in seige II and the
    Spoiler:
    hug
    in seige III. From this point onwards I started to use gateworld, and soon became sure that this ship was the "right" one to go for. They just look so damn good together, and the whole "who's in charge thing" makes for some good tension between them, unlike in Shep/Teyla, where he's pretty much always on her side. This may be a good thing for that ship, but I like more energy/tension (sparks! ).
    Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast