Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i agree FP with you on that...we should all be able to express our opinons (without fighting) in the opposing ship threads
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure

Now we have Shep/Tey/Shep/Weir Discussion

I guess we really need a Shep/Teyla Friendship Thread - we're missing that one.

My question is. . WHY do we even need all these threads? If you really want to talk to opposing shippers then go to that thread. If you come in with intelligent conversation, there isn't a problem. .now, if an S/T person goes into S/W spouting off about Shep/Teyla beautiful babies (yes, this has happened), they are going to be blasted. So it goes. Just be mature and honest and no one gets hurt.

In the meantime, we have a bazillion threads on basically the same subject with people posting the same things and racking up their post counts. To make matters worse, GW servers have enough trouble keeping up with the crowd. Redundency makes matters worse.
      Well I have thought some of them were a bit superfluous but many shep/weirs have been coming to shep/teyla lately asking innocent curious questions and while we're only too happy to accomodate them a new shep/weir will come in every other week and we have to explain all over again. We certainly don't mind, but I think this is easier for everyone and there's no worry about hard feelings. And hopefully avoid things like the incident you cited on the Shep/Weir thread, and the concerned citizen who thought it was wrong for Shep/Teyla's to jokingly call Shep/Weirs 'the enemy' on our own thread. This thread would not be here if there wasn't a demand for it. Hopefully it'll serve it purpose. Answering questions and uniting shippers. And for my part, the first person who starts the Shep/Weir versus Shep Teyla Discussion thread (the same title in reverse) gets it!

Comment

The Sheppard/Teyla ship is more comradship than a loving relationship but there is definatly more to the Sheppard/Weir ship than meets the eye.

p.s. I love the new icons!!!
        "I ask you, what could possibly be in my eye that would explain this"

HALLOWED ARE THE SHIPPERS!

sigpic

PROUD TO BE ENGLISH

Comment

First of all I would just like to say how awesome Ritter is for making a thread like this, because ship wars are really dumb, childish and immature. So it's good to have a thread where we can all (in the words of John Lennon) "give peace a chance".... and yes that was corny I know. I am the Queen of cornyness.

I'm a sheyla fan first and foremost, although I do see the connection between shep and weir. It is very powerful and very strong (just like that of shep/teyla), regardless of what type of relationship (just like shep/telya).

Also, it is obvious that Sheppard cares very very much for each woman, yet in what ways isn't exactly clear as of yet.

Oh and here is a picture that I have always loved, because IMHO the expression on Shep's face kind of addresses the ship confusion that I know alot of us feel when the writers juggle our respective ships around.

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/gr...2cast_27.shtml
          Made By Snogging Piccard- Thank you

Comment

Teyla/Weir Ship (yes, there IS one)
            There's teyla/weir ship? seriously?!?

I'm a sparky shipper by nature, but I also think that Sheppard and Teyla have a great bond, as shown in "suspicion" and "the gift". I also am starting to be a Telyla /Ronon shipper, but that isn't really relevant here.

Ok so all the posts so far have been on why this thread is such a good idea, let's get to the point: We all have our ships. Why do we have them?

I first noticed the sheppard/weir thing at the end of the eye, and it built until 39:30 in seige II and the
            Spoiler:
            hug
            in seige III. From this point onwards I started to use gateworld, and soon became sure that this ship was the "right" one to go for. They just look so damn good together, and the whole "who's in charge thing" makes for some good tension between them, unlike in Shep/Teyla, where he's pretty much always on her side. This may be a good thing for that ship, but I like more energy/tension (sparks! ).
            Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

My question is. . WHY do we even need all these threads? If you really want to talk to opposing shippers then go to that thread. If you come in with intelligent conversation, there isn't a problem. .now, if an S/T person goes into S/W spouting off about Shep/Teyla beautiful babies (yes, this has happened), they are going to be blasted. So it goes. Just be mature and honest and no one gets hurt.

In the meantime, we have a bazillion threads on basically the same subject with people posting the same things and racking up their post counts. To make matters worse, GW servers have enough trouble keeping up with the crowd. Redundency makes matters worse.
              Exactly! What's with all these new threads recently? We're seeing the dreaded white screen of death enough as it is. I can't speak for the S/T thread as I'm not a member of it, but in the S/W thread other shippers and multi shippers have always been welcome as long as they didn't talk about S/T genetically wonderfully supreme babies. Another new thread I've seen which I consider a duplicate is the S/W friendship thread. I just don't see how there could possibly be any new material to discuss as all the aspects of this relationship (not only the romantic ones) have already been analysed to death in the S/W ship thread. But of course, if some people feel that the S/W ship thread is too heavy on the ship aspect, they are entitled to create their own thread. All I'm saying is that most of us S/W shippers who'd post in there would just be repeating ourselves.

The way I see it, this is only fractioning the fandom further, especially the word "versus" in this thread's title. The last thing we need right now is a ship war so good luck to us all.

Comment

Originally posted by gooner_diva
                Exactly! What's with all these new threads recently? We're seeing the dreaded white screen of death enough as it is. I can't speak for the S/T thread as I'm not a member of it, but in the S/W thread other shippers and multi shippers have always been welcome as long as they didn't talk about S/T genetically wonderfully supreme babies. Another new thread I've seen which I consider a duplicate is the S/W friendship thread. I just don't see how there could possibly be any new material to discuss as all the aspects of this relationship (not only the romantic ones) have already been analysed to death in the S/W ship thread. But of course, if some people feel that the S/W ship thread is too heavy on the ship aspect, they are entitled to create their own thread. All I'm saying is that most of us S/W shippers who'd post in there would just be repeating ourselves.

The way I see it, this is only fractioning the fandom further, especially the word "versus" in this thread's title. The last thing we need right now is a ship war so good luck to us all.
                I am going to repeat you and Foolish Pleasure
                I say what gooner diva and FP said and I agree with them completely.

I probably will get a bunch of red and angry responces for this but anyway...

Don't know about you guys but I think that some anti shippers or those who pair up Elizabeth and John with someone else, are trying to find some other explanation to recent events in Atlantis.

Comment

Hi everyone *waves*
                  glad to be here on neutral ground.,.. i am an all out Sparky fan, but really do like the commraderie of teyla and shep... i think some one else has said it, but in the first season i wasnt a fan of teyla really... MAN has that changed, she has grown into the character very nicely and i cant wait to meet rachel!!!
                  ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                    Don't know about you guys but I think that some anti shippers or those who pair up Elizabeth and John with someone else, are trying to find some other explanation to recent events in Atlantis.
                    Er, you don't really want to go there, do you? This is supposed to be a positive thread.

And to all those who are upset at all the recent upcroppings of these threads - give it time. They'll either swim or sink to the bottom of the subforum page.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                      Er, you don't really want to go there, do you? This is supposed to be a positive thread.

And to all those who are upset at all the recent upcroppings of these threads - give it time. They'll either swim or sink to the bottom of the subforum page.
                      yes... give them a little time to see if we like them or no....

stay positive here!!!
                      ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

I honestly don't see why this shouldn't work. It's just talking on maybe episodes that contain squee moments for all shippers.

Why not talk about that?

When I was in the Shepmagan I tried to explain what Sparky means to me and it helped me to understand even more (for me!).
                        Everyone was very kind there, thank you!
                        For me this thread is a great opportunity to share me thoughts with non-sparky and honestly I felt a little guilty to talk about 'my' ship in there. It felt like interrupting and this thread is neutral as long as we are.
                        Anyone who's not interested in that - simply don't post here.
                        We still have 'our own' threads, every ship.

Please lets try.

sigpic

Comment

Alright I think there's one thing we all agree on, there is a dynamic between Shep and Teyla, BUT a very similar one exists between Shep and Weir. Both have their moments and I'm trying to make a haven for us all. I'm sorry if I offended anyone with the title, I am a proud Shepmagen Shipper and the only visitors we've ever had have been Shep/Weir shippers. I wouldn't mind seeing others.

Alright, since I'm a Shepmagen Shipper, I'll talk about my perspective on John and Elizabeth first. (Following the Rogerian approach as my English teacher would say) They have a dynamic that's WAY different than the dynamic that existed between Jack and Hammond in SG-1, or Cameron and Landry now but that's a moot point. Anyway, this dynamic does have alot to do with the fact that Elizabeth is a woman and she's also a civilian, something Hammond wasn't. This changes the relationship. The awakening for this as a ship possibility came in Seige III when she gave him the hug. I'm saying that yes, she does care for him, just as he cares for her. (See The Eye)

They are also on a first name basis most of the time. She calls him John. Teyla doesn't do this. This is another subject used for Shep/Weir shippers in their support. John also calls her Elizabeth, but he calls Teyla by her name too, so I'll dismiss that.

On to my Ship. As I said, I'm a Shepmagen shippper. (See sig if confused) Right from the beginning I saw something different between Shep and Teyla. The Cave scene in "Rising" is something we're over quoted on but it is something that sticks out in my mind, that along with how well he managed to get her to trust him. He threw his most disarming smile at her. Later, just the next episode in fact, he's explaining football to her. OOOHHHH, I'm getting slightly off my point. My apologies. Anyway, I'm draw to Coversion for my biggest point here. In that episode, he does attack Elizabeth, granted he stops after a few seconds when he realizes what he's doing, but there's not even a hint of that when he's in the same position with Teyla only moments later. He doesn't even get near her, he runs away. My question is why? He wasn't completely gone is the only explanation in my mind, something was still there. Hence my shipping beliefs.

And if anyone has a great thread picture that they could make for this thread, I'd be glad to stick it on the first page with credit. I lack the skills to do this, but I know there's tons of talent out there.
                          Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                            And once again, my ship sails by under the radar.
                            We're too cool to need multiple threads.

Comment

Originally posted by NotANumber
                              We're too cool to need multiple threads.
                              Phh, if you don't want to...!
                              *turns around, lifts head up, tapping feed on the floor*

You're very welcome! Please pop in everytime you want.
                              Of course we'd like to see your point too.

::group-hug::
                              sigpic

Comment

If anyone would like to tell me how to change the title, I gladly will. I will change it to something like neutral ship discussion ground or something like that. I just don't know how to. I apologize to anyone I've offended.
                                Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Working...
                                X