• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 23rd Psalm (210)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON TWO
    THE 23RD PSALM
    EPISODE NUMBER - 210

When Mr. Eko discovers that Charlie is in possession of the Virgin Mary statue, he forces him to lead him to the site of the plane crash -- with which Eko himself has a past connection.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 23 November 2007, 05:52 PM.

It was a good episode, touching. I give it a ***.
    sigpic

Comment

This episode rocked! and I love Mr. Eko. he had a great story line.....and the thing in the jungle....cool. deep, dark, mysterious....EVIL i say. i'd give it ****.

Comment

Eko and the monster!

Charlie and the Virgin Mary(s).

Michael talks to Walt (on the puter). . .or is it really Walt?

Good episode!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

here's some screenshots of some of the images that flashed inside the black cloud when the camera was panning through it:
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....4&postcount=34

maybe its a soul seeker.

remember lock said he looked into the eye of the island, and what he saw was beautiful...he saw his own soul maybe.

Comment

Now THAT was a very good episode.

Eko is the one new character I've found intriguing and his backstory didn't disappoint. Great stuff. I was all teary-eyed by the time he was reciting the 23rd Psalm while the plane burned. And again when he slipped the cross around his neck and said he was a priest.

Eko staring down the blackcloud monster - very eerie. Especially since it looked like they were staring "head" to head. Wonder if that's what Locke saw when he stared at it.

Still think Michael's a loose cannon who's going to kill them all in his quest to save Walt. Sawyer and Kate were kind of cute, I guess. In a "still not my favorite pairing, but I can tolerate them" sort of way.

And eep....Charlie has a stash. Is he using again, or just saving it as a safety net? Or testing himself? I only remember him stealing one statue when he came back from the plane that first time. Has he been sneaking back to steal more? If so, was he faking Eko out that he didn't know where the plane was? If he's using, that's disappointing. I have to admit I thought he was a little too "up", fishing and singing with Jin.
            Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. I'm relieved Claire finally found about Charlie and the statue. At least it's some progress in one storyline. I also thought it was nice to see the "tailies" getting some friendly attention.

I really enjoyed Eko's back story. Sometimes the flashbacks can be a bit on the boring side but I actually found Eko's to be compelling. I even got a bit teary eyed when he found the body of his brother.

Having said that, I'm starting to think everyone on the plane is a murderer. I like the show, I really do. But it's pretty implausible that five people or so on one plane are hiding murder in their past. Even if it is an international flight I find this highly dubious. Is Oceanic Air the preferred airline for killers?

Comment

Originally posted by keshou
                I only remember him stealing one statue when he came back from the plane that first time. Has he been sneaking back to steal more?
                I haven't seen the ep, so i don't know how big the stash was, but, I was watching Exodus tonight, and there were about 5 or 6 bags in the statue smashed, so if the stash is that sort of size, he hasn't been back.
                I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by jonno
                  I haven't seen the ep, so i don't know how big the stash was, but, I was watching Exodus tonight, and there were about 5 or 6 bags in the statue smashed, so if the stash is that sort of size, he hasn't been back.
                  He has multiple statues in his stash, not just the bags. Looked like about 10-15 Virgin Mary statues maybe. Hard to tell because he has them all piled on top of each other, hidden away in a brush-covered hole in the jungle.
                  Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

not the best episode ever, but I can live with it. Loved the smoke thing!

Comment

So am i the only one who noticed Eko transposed two words in the Psalm? I wonder if it means anything?

he said. "Yea though I walk through the shadow of the valley of death..."
                      As opposed to: "Yeah though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death..."

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                        So am i the only one who noticed Eko transposed two words in the Psalm? I wonder if it means anything?

he said. "Yea though I walk through the shadow of the valley of death..."
                        As opposed to: "Yeah though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death..."

Oh that's interesting. I didn't notice that but it could be significant.
                        sigpic

Comment

I question whether or not that's significant. That transposition is a typical mistake with that verse. Of course, Echo was never a "real" priest to begin with, so it's highly possible he just got it wrong because he hasn't heard the verse in a while.

One thing I don't understand about the smoke monster thingie. The first time Locke looked into it, he was not afraid and it didn't harm him. The second time, it attacked him. What happened in between? Was it Boone's death? Has the monster judged Locke guilty for his death and no longer worthy?

I really don't like the Charlie-heroin storyline. It pretty much negates the whole bit with Locke in the first season. All that rigamarole about the moth and the coccoon was for naught.

And is love blooming for Hurley, finally? Was that Libby he was helping with her tent, or something we haven't seen before?
                          Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                          I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                          What have these years left to me?
                          Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

I've never seen the actor who playes Eko before. He is excellent! His backstory was excellent as well, especially since some of the backstories tend to drag a bit.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Very good ep with lots of interesting points to it. Eko's past, obviously, which was not at all what I was expecting, given his apparent horror and remorse at killing those "others' in self-defence(The Other 48 Days). But it all makes sense, now.

Interesting how he faced down the black cloud "monster," not so much as flinching. I really expected the cloud to make a face at Eko, a la Abyss.

Locke had that whole "white/black" thing going last season, so I wonder....

Locke is white and Eko is black. Both are the spiritual leaders of their groups. Locke's form of spirituality is more philosophy oriented, whereas Eko's is religious.

Locke embraced the "monster," whereas Eko opposed it - that's how I interpreted the scene, at least. He stood his ground, didn't flinch, was not impressed even though the cloud seemed to be showing him things that should have worked on him.

Anything else?

If this is to be the case, then will Locke and Eko be the black/white = discord, evil vs good, or will the black/white complement each other, like ebony and ivory, or Yin/Yang?

Who, really, is talking to Michael on the computer? Where did "Walt' tell Mike to go? I, for one, don't believe it's Walt.

I'm glad that Charlie still has his weakness. It seemed believable to me that he would still crave the fix. He reminds me of how my dad would brag that he had quit smoking and that the pack of cigerettes he kept in his shirt pocket was a sort of badge of honor.... Of course, we often caught him smoking his badges....

It was nice to see the domesticity scenes again; Charlie in the doghouse because Claire has thrown his stuff out onto the driveway, Kate and Sawyer joking away, the Doctor making a hutcall, Sun and Jin being nice to the new neighbour, and Hurley! squeee helping Abby build her shelter. A nice ending, IMO.

And next week looks good; a Michael front story and a Jack backstory.
                              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Working...
                              X