No announcement yet.

Lay Down Your Burdens, Part 2 (220)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the wife and I watched the two-part season finale this evening. The ending left her speechless, with the Cylons occupying New Caprica, and Baltar surrendering, and the Adamas jumping away. She really liked it, but she couldn't believe all that went down. Also, she couldn't get over the fact that in that year, Starbuck had gotten married.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

this was my first full ep of the series. i still can't believe ron moore put so many of his main characters in danger
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        this was my first full ep of the series. i still can't believe ron moore put so many of his main characters in danger
        Were they ever really in danger? You always know the main characters will survive in TV shows
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Were they ever really in danger? You always know the main characters will survive in TV shows
          It was still really something to see happen though. Back when I first saw it, I certainly had no idea how they were getting out of that situation.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            yes, in bsg terms yes.

but what other show would take this kind of risk and pull it off so well at the end. none of these characters were the same after.
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
              yes, in bsg terms yes.

but what other show would take this kind of risk and pull it off so well at the end. none of these characters were the same after.
              Tons of shows have you character change after a massive ordeal. Your avatar being proof of one of those shows. The original point was not about an event changing characters/ That happening is obvious. The danger you mentioned isn't really there. Like most shows you know the stars are going to survive. Recurring ones are a different story
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I just watched the finale. It is one of my favourite series finale of all shows! Amazing... read one of the earlier posts... do the fans really thought that the last half hour would be a dream or smth?..huh never occured to me this thought.
                Battlestar Galactica is really an art on its own. Hope I get my Season 3 Dvd Set tomorrow. Had to watch Razor again. Also not bad.
                sigpic

Comment

MM rocks my world. The way she grumbled "That's all anybody wants to talk about's that frakkin' planet" and then politely apologised for her language... LOL!! (I love the way BSG injects little bits of levity into otherwise dark, serious episodes; it's not a funny show, but it sure has moments.) Quite apart from that opening scene, though, MM was brilliant as always in this episode. Laura's fear, her desperation, her frustration, her conflicted joy upon her 'victory'... all excellently portrayed and so naturally too. I <3 her!!

Dean Stockwell's expression when Tyrol outted his character as a cylon. Hehe, "I'm not a frakking cyl- Oh. Okay..." The Cavils are bloody funny.

The steal attempt. What a great twist! To watch the ostensible protagonist (i.e. Roslin) try to pull something like this off... had me as a member of the audience really conflicted! I knew I didn't want Baltar to win, but stealing an election... I couldn't get behind that. I loved Adama's brief conversation with Roslin on the wireless, and then the conversation on Colonial One... MM and EJO's scenes are always electric. Gosh, McCreary's music... the sombre variation on the Adama/Roslin theme, and then you could feel the tension in the music lift as Roslin agreed not to go through with the steal. Adama was so right - it would have killed her to compromise her morals like that.

Such a contrast watching the Admiral/President scene between Adama and Baltar...

The transition!! So cool. I was floored the first time I saw that. Gutsy move on the part of TPTB! Loved it though. Slimy, frakking Baltar... LOL

Great scene between Adama and Tigh. I love their friendship so much. (And lol at bad*** Adama smoking his cig without a filter. )

Awwww, Teacher!Laura She's so at home with a class full of children. Roslin seemed more herself there than ever before.

Holy cliffhanger to end all cliffhangers! No matter how many times I watch it, the final scene never fails to send chills up and down my spine. Absolutely brilliant! What an end to an amazing season!!
                  Last edited by Professor_S; 25 July 2011, 09:39 AM.
                  "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
                  ~William Adama

All this has happened before. All this is happening again.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor_S View Post
                    The steal attempt. What a great twist! To watch the ostensible protagonist (i.e. Roslin) try to pull something like this off... had me as a member of the audience really conflicted! I knew I didn’t want Baltar to win, but stealing an election... I couldn’t get behind that.
                    It seemed so out of her character, but it showed how desperate she was to not let Baltar win. But, I agree, I couldn't get behind that either. I guess with the episode Epiphanies, where she has the vision of the past where she sees Baltar with Caprica 6 helps to understand her actions a little more. But all in all, she shouldn't have done it.

Originally posted by Professor_S View Post
                    Awwww, Teacher!Laura She’s so at home with a class full of children. Roslin seemed more herself there than ever before.

Holy cliffhanger to end all cliffhangers! No matter how many times I watch it, the final scene never fails to send chills up and down my spine. Absolutely brilliant! What an end to an amazing season!!
                    I agree!
                    sigpic
                    Jack: Uhh, Daniel - for cryin' out loud!!, I said I would watch the Stanley Cup playoffs with you!
                    Is all this necessary??!?

Comment

Necropost alert!!!

When they do the 1 year jump and I saw Adama with the mustache, I immediately thought back to his character Lt. Martin Castillo from Miami Vice.

I think the filter break was a nod to Miami Vice where breaking off filters happened almost every episode by more than one character.

This was a big Don Johnson thing and you can see him doing this as far back as the movie "return to macon county" where they he and Nick Nolte raced a 1955 fuel injected chevy.

Nobody smokes a cigarette as well as Don Johnson.
                      Last edited by HowlerMonkey; 21 July 2011, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X