No announcement yet.

Lay Down Your Burdens, Part 1 (219)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was great Cheaf beated Cally – even though wrong reasons – after all she did kill his love. Chef forgave to Cally in same episode than she killed Boomer, unforgivable stupidity from writers.

Pretty good episode (anyhow not in par with 3 earlier)– it came to my mind though that they will need to hire a military advisor. No one would make that kind of military rescue operation. We are not kids anymore, you know

Comment

The Chief looked frakkin awesome with the beard.
      Cally took five or six really good licks from the Chief.
      However, I don't condone violence on any females.
      Looking forward to the season finale Friday night.

Comment

this episode had some greatness to it but all the presidential stuff was a bit boring. I would have preferred more caprica stuff than the election my rating 3/5.

Comment

It's Friday a we have 11 hours and 7 minutes on the countdown for the season finale. I'm so frakking excited!!
          "And you ask why?"

Comment

Wish I had caught this one, had to do the WW-2 reenactment thing with my reenactment group last weekend. Hard to watch Baltar and Roselin go at it while I am getting ready for a big tactical reenactment. Oh well, got to fire my Garand a lot. Guess that will have to make up for missing this episode until I can view it on my sister's DVR from her sattelite service. Can't wait for tonight's episode though. Hope Kara gets everyone back to the Fleet, but it will likely be next season before we see her finish this mission.

Comment

my guess based on what they seem to be doing

galactica destroyed pegasus renamed

Comment

Originally posted by chris777
                galactica destroyed pegasus renamed
                You don't re-name ships. It's incredibly bad luck. That's an old, old superstition, but I think it's one the Colonies are likely to share.

Comment

Hmmm...

1. Chief and Father Stockwell - good laugh.

2. Must be very interesting for Adama, as of the mini-series 'he' didn't believe in Earth and now his main ally is getting battered over said quest.

3. Good to see Boomer still willing to help out the Colonials.

Overall - good quality ep - and I've got a feeling next week is going to be the biggest BSG ep so far!
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
                    I honestly dont mind Anders/Kara that much

while IMO Anders doesnt have as much chemestry with Kara as Lee

he still has ALOT more chemistry with her than Dee has with Lee :X
                    I think Anders & Starbuck have great chemistry, especially in Lay Down Your Burdens Part 2. When I was rewatching the part 2 episode that particularly struck me--especially the drunk scene w/ Starbuck and Anders on the ships when Lee walks in. There was ridiculous chemistry between Anders & Starbuck.

Comment

Wow, Starbuck got her wish to send a rescue mission afterall. Glad they didnt send in the Galactica or Pegasus. The Fleet of Raptors was a good idea.

Chief and his dreams is quite interesting.

Finding the planet was quite fortunate. Hope they dont settle there, as staying in one place would be dangerous. This news may sway the election Baltars way but.
                      Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

best opening to a ep since pegasus the music and switching between the characters was great. poor cally

Comment

Loved the opening tease. The juxtaposition of the seriousness of the briefing with (adorable!!) levity of the Roslin/Adama interaction, and the ultimately heartbreaking Cally/Tyrol scene.

Oh the amount of foreshadowing in this episode... It’s almost unbearable, lol.

This episode is so well woven together. There is SO much going on and it all keeps you at the edge of your seat as you jump from one storyline to the next. The tension stays ramped up throughout - even when we are following an ostensibly slower storyline like Tyrol’s. The energy just never quits.

A nod has to out to Dean Stockwell - what a great actor.

I always love when BSG does politics, and they do it so well! “People vote their hopes, not their fears” - this isn’t always true, but in dyer situations I think it is. Baltar was offering a beacon while Roslin was offering a stark truth. Easy for me to sit on my couch and see that Roslin’s right; imagine how seductive settlement must be after living on the razor’s edge, in buckets, for months. Baltar’s rhetoric was incredibly persuasive.

“Why don’t you go frak yourself.” Something delicious about hearing that come out of Roslin’s mouth.

Again, I can’t even imagine having to wait a week for the next part! Holy frak!!
                          "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
                          ~William Adama

All this has happened before. All this is happening again.

Comment

Working...
                          X