No announcement yet.

Downloaded (218)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite an interesting ep. Gives good insight into what some of the cylons are like. I love the fact that Caprica 6 sees Baltar like he does her.

I guess they had to fake the babies death, but i have a feeling we will be seeing the kid again.
    Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

im putting this in spoilers just in case since this was not shown in the aired episode!
      Spoiler:
      On a deleted scene of this episode from Season 2.5 DVD, there was a scene that Gina and D'Anna were together on Cloud 9 in her quarters and D'Anna referred to the baby as Hera and Gina was like don;t say that name its Human, and D'Anna responded what do we call it then? Gina said number 13! Thought that was interesting.
      sigpic
      Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

That does sound very interesting maybe it will come up again at the end of this current season when the final 5 get partially reveled

Comment

Originally posted by frostymalt View Post
          Actually, I want to know what Sharon is listening to when she's doing chin-ups. Sounds good, maybe Sonic Youth? Anyone know?
          Upping this question. I've been after this piece for days to no avail, unfortunately. If anyone has the slightest bit of knowledge of this song or where such knowledge can be found, please share. It would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Ulysses 31 View Post
            Hrmm, no recent posts for this episode, which is a shame because I loved it. I love it when BSG explores the question of what makes us human. What is consciousness? What is a soul? What is love? Scientists today tell us the emotion of love is just a mix of chemicals and hormones. So aren't we fooling ourselves when we think we're deeply in love with a soulmate? But the Helo and Sharon relationship is showing that it goes a lot deeper than just chemicals in the brain, it's a consciousness thing.

Bio cylons can love and hate. They can reproduce. They can evolve. I love what this episode explored, and I hope they take it further. The political stuff is great for drama, but this episode is the center of all things.
            I know what you mean, it makes the episode very "real" and interesting

ok, so i watched this for the first time last night. i must say i was quite impressed. Liked the whole Caprica six & Sharon thing, the whole fact that they were different from the others. i had more thought on this ep, perhaps i'll post more when i clearly remember them,lol

Comment

One of the most interesting episode ive watched!

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                One of the most interesting episode ive watched!
                I thought so too. Not only was this one of the best episodes of Season 2, but I thought it was the most interesting Cylon-focused episode of the entire series (unless I'm forgetting something equally amazing ).
                sigpic
                "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

My wife and I got up to this episode this evening. She thought it was cool to see things from the perspective of the Cylons, and loved seeing what had become of the original Six and Sharon we were introduced to in the very beginning of the show.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Brilliant episode. So cool to see things from the cylon perspective and learn what became of the first cylon's we met.

Loved the music for this ep! Right back to the percussive roots and the minimalism that always typified the cylon motifs.

Head!Baltar Brilliant.

Fascinating to watch the inner workings of this collective society, and even more interesting to see how Caprica Six and Valerii - unique individuals - react to such a society. To watch them come into their own by the end of the episode was brilliant. A real evolution amongst the cylons.

Hera B-Story - As difficult as it is, I can't blame Roslin for making the decision that she did. I can understand how much of threat such an unknown would seem like to them. She is, after all, a child of those who - as far as they know - would have them annihilated.

The ending is even cooler to watch when you know what's coming next, too... great episode!
                    "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
                    ~William Adama

All this has happened before. All this is happening again.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor_S View Post
                      Brilliant episode. So cool to see things from the cylon perspective and learn what became of the first cylon's we met.

Loved the music for this ep! Right back to the percussive roots and the minimalism that always typified the cylon motifs.

Head!Baltar Brilliant.

Fascinating to watch the inner workings of this collective society, and even more interesting to see how Caprica Six and Valerii - unique individuals - react to such a society. To watch them come into their own by the end of the episode was brilliant. A real evolution amongst the cylons.

Hera B-Story - As difficult as it is, I can't blame Roslin for making the decision that she did. I can understand how much of threat such an unknown would seem like to them. She is, after all, a child of those who - as far as they know - would have them annihilated.

The ending is even cooler to watch when you know what's coming next, too... great episode!
                      Yes, very good episode, one my favorites from the second season, outside of the finale, probably the best from the second half of 2nd season.
                      sigpic
                      Jack: Uhh, Daniel - for cryin' out loud!!, I said I would watch the Stanley Cup playoffs with you!
                      Is all this necessary??!?

Comment

Working...
                      X