• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Captain's Hand (217)

Visit the Episode GuideGALACTICA SEASON TWO
    THE CAPTAIN'S HAND
    EPISODE NUMBER - 217

Tension runs high between Lee and Kara and the new commander of the Pegasus when a Raptor scouting party goes missing. The arrival of a pregnant girl seeking refuge on Galactica erupts into political chaos for President Roslin.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 25 April 2011, 05:16 PM.

This was my favoirt episode by far this season. Maybe its because ever since the Pegasus was introduced I loved it.
    Commander Lee Adama kind of has a nice riing to it dont ya think lol. That fight sceen was one of my favorite

Any Ideas if Lee will die lol [kidding]

Comment

very intersting.... although the first few minutes before the opening credits were enough to cause some people enough gag... it was an okay ep but really not one that I'm really fond of..

edit: i didnt catch my own typo til now.
      Last edited by CKO; 17 February 2006, 07:09 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

I think that was seriously amazing... my fav episode EVER. We really learned alot about how Battle Stars engage capital ships too it was nice.

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

Spoiler:
          outside of the lee/Dee scene at the beggining and the fact Lee got promoted TWO times in one episode I realy did like this episode

It was Nice to See Cheif/Cally/Six and Baltar again who just went poof and vanished for a while

and I realy like the scene when Baltar
          Spoiler:
          announces he is going to run for president and Six in the background claping

this episode had some great CGI shots as well.. oh and next weeks episode looks GREAT

Comment

AWSOME EPISODE!! The "Beast" rules!! Takes on THREE Basestars and holds her own??? Awsome!

Apollo as commander??? He's dead!

Being Commander of Pegasus is like bein a Star Trek Red Shirt.
            Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

I honestly thought it was the best episode since the mini series... we got to seriously see how battle stars take on Capital ships in close combat and man 2-3 direct hits from nukes and that ship was still fighting strong!

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

well, it certainly was an intense episode. of course, aside from the action, there was the political intrigue as Baltar makes his big play. it's going to be a big build up again to the season finale.

Comment

Despite the nauseating beginning, this episode was top notch!! Interesting plot twist with the coming elections.

It certainly upped the angst between Lee and Kara.

Comment

Pasted from anouther thread as when I wrote this the topic wasnt up yet and added some stuff

outside of the lee/Dee scene at the beggining and the fact Lee got promoted TWO times in one episode(WTF fastest promotions EVER) I realy did like this episode

It was Nice to See Cheif/Cally/Six and Baltar again who just went poof and vanished for a while

and I realy like the scene when Baltar announces he is going to run for president and Six in the background clapping that was just great

this episode had some awsome CGI shots as well.. oh and next weeks episode looks fantastic

AWSOME EPISODE!! The "Beast" rules!! Takes on THREE Basestars and holds her own??? Awsome!
                    and damages one so much in the process forcing it to pull back that was down right cool

Comment

Originally posted by titans

Apollo as commander??? He's dead!

Being Commander of Pegasus is like bein a Star Trek Red Shirt.

Titans,

I agree, not sure how long Lee will keep command of the Pegasus.

Comment

very good CGI, and great father/son interaction too
                        sigpic

Comment

did anyone else find it odd that "The Beast"can take 3 or so nuke hits and not lose a single crew member? Number before the battle 49,584, after the battle, 49,579....four Raptor Pilots and one Red Shir...uhh I mean Pegasus Commander.

Hmmm...
                          Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vienna_Smiles
                            Titans,

I agree, not sure how long Lee will keep command of the Pegasus.
                            His uniform when it comes back from the laundry will accidently be dyed red.

Comment

The abortion angle was interesting - and such an obvious thing considering the fleet's circumstances that I'm surprised the subject hasn't been broached sooner. Considering how dire things are, I believe abortion should certainly be criminal in this fictional situation.

And it's good to finally see some more big guns rock 'em sock 'em between the fleet and the Cylons. Been long overdue.

Comment

Working...
                              X