• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scar (215)

Visit the Episode GuideGALACTICA SEASON TWO
    SCAR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 215

The Colonial fleet is plagued by a mad Cylon raider, a living ship that continues to assault the fleet with hit-and-run attacks.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 25 April 2011, 05:16 PM.

It was a good ep. I give it a ** 1/2. I personally liked Scar, it was a cool looking ship.
    sigpic

Comment

far better than last weeks

Scar was interesting

absolutly loved the part with Boomer and Kara and the scene at the end with Helo and Kara sparring..

I missed Baltar though...and now im curious to know what he was doing at that moment of time

Comment

although there were not that many similarities, it still reminded me of the Space Above and Beyond ep 'Angriest Angel'.

i'm tired of my shows this season doing the whole intro and then going 48hrs before or 96 hrs before or whatever before...

i thought it was pretty good. found Kat being antagonistic rather annoying...which was the point i suppose.
        Thanks!
        Jordan

my page
        My LJ
        From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Yeah I thought the episode was ok, but I'm getting a little tired of the flashback thing too. Hopefully one of these days we'll get back to kicking cylon butt.

Comment

I thought this episode was very good. It was great to see Starbuck again, as she's been sidelined a bit the past few eps. Also great to see her get some Character development as well. Loved the scene of her and Sharon. Also nice to see her friendship with Helo. I wonder if she ever will get back to Caprica for Anders or not. Also it was nice to see the memorial walls again, which we havent seen since season 1. I also have to agree, I'm getting tired of the flashback thing. Yeah it works on Lost, cause it them Before they were on the island, but I like my shows to be linear. Not saying I dont like flashbacks, but not every week.

Comment

found Kat being antagonistic rather annoying...
              iv found Kat to be annoying for just about the entire season and wish they would tone her down

Comment

I guess the question I'm interested in: Did this episode live up to your expectations? I haven't seen it yet, so I can't weigh in, but, from talk on the other board and from my general knowledge of the plot, it seems like this episode has (?had?) the potential to be EXCELLENT, if it correctly takes advantage of some very powerful and universal themes (two great warriors faced against one another, the challenge of a skilled up and comer going against an established 'legendary', the question of 'have I lost a step?', etc. etc.)

clearly, my expectations are high. Hope they pull it off. Did they do it for you?

Comment

I really did not like how Kat seemed (i say seemed, because there was no mention of Starbuck helping by her when she was telling her to fill her cup) to take all the glory when there was that little 'i killed scar' party.
                  Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

A rather jarring episode; found it hard to keep the story straight with cutting so much back and forth to the flashbacks. Q: did Kat put a picture of herself up on the memorial board after her fight with Kara and before going out on the last mission? If so, it really shows how much she is really starting to think of herself as already gone. It just seems like all the viper pilots (esp. Lee and Kara) are starting to behave as if they already have one foot in the grave.

Comment

Lee didn't seem to depressed like he was last episode. Oh yes, i also LOVED Kara and Sharon. I felt a bit sad for Sharon (ok, i ton of sad).
                      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by NotAscended
                        Q: did Kat put a picture of herself up on the memorial board after her fight with Kara and before going out on the last mission? If so, it really shows how much she is really starting to think of herself as already gone. It just seems like all the viper pilots (esp. Lee and Kara) are starting to behave as if they already have one foot in the grave.
                        That was the pic of that dead pilot's girlfriend that no one could remember the name of.

About the new tidbit of info offered up about the Raiders......I wonder if it’s like a collective download. Sharon’s discussion with Starbuck seemed to imply that the one Raider is reborn time after time and thus becomes a more skilled fighter, but you’d think that the knowledge gained by that one Raider would be more useful if it were distributed as a download to all the other Raiders within range of the Resurrection ship.

There has to be some mechanism for Cylons to upload information from other Cylon models like themselves. Caprica Boomer seemed to have had the same knowledge and memories of Galactica Boomer before Galactica Boomer was killed.

If all the Raiders could upload the experience of all the other Raiders that have been taken out, it would make them one heck of a formidable enemy. Hmm....maybe that’s why they would avoid writing that as a possibility. The odd are already stacked against the fleet. Making all the other Raiders as skilled as Scar would deplete Galactica’s and Pegasus’s pilots unless they could all turn into super pilots overnight, which is pretty unrealistic.

Anyway.....good episode. Didn’t blow me away from beginning to end, but it did have some excellent character moments. Favs were that last bit with Kara and Helo at the end (more Kara/Helo scenes please...I like the relationship as close friends those two characters have) and the Kara/Lee drinking scene. Oh yeah and the Sharon/Kara one as well.

The praise at the end for Kat didn’t bother me so much. I’m sure people know how it went down and that even though Starbuck didn’t get the kill, she got the assist. Kat did have some good points earlier in the episode about Kara’s behavior. (Course Kat still grates on my nerves. ) Nice touch at the end with Kara naming off most of the deceased pilots even though she pretended not to remember any of them earlier in that scene with Lee.
                        Last edited by LoneStar1836; 03 February 2006, 11:21 PM.
                        IMO always implied.

Comment

I thought this episode was really good. Cool space fights, good interaction between the actors, lots of drinking.... I'll agree that the flashback thing is getting a little old, but at the end it didn't really bother me.

(and yeah it did sort of remind me of the SAAB ep: "The Angriest Angel", don't know if that was intentional or not though because it wasn't THAT much like it).
                          Last edited by Oka; 03 February 2006, 11:28 PM.
                          We're whalers on the moon,
                          We carry a harpoon.
                          But there ain't no whales
                          So we tell tall tales
                          And sing our whaling tune.

Comment

I loved Kat this episode...

About time Starbuck got someone who can compete with her. But shes also a good pilot, looking out for herself and others. But also tough. Kinda like a cross between Lee and Starbuck.

Also, its good to see she's off stims and being a better pilot than ever before.

Comment

Kat was truely annoying , I wonder if they will figure a way to scoop up some of those people left on the colonies later on down the line.
                              The question that is bothering me is who in sam hell is running the Pegasus , I figured Tigh would take the roll but since he was on Galactica . I doubt they would wanna bump up someone from Pegasus to be capt considering they lost there capt and there second in command.

Comment

Working...
                              X