• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Market (214)

Visit the Episode GuideGALACTICA SEASON TWO
    BLACK MARKET
    EPISODE NUMBER - 214

Lee becomes entangled with a mafia-like group of criminals when he investigates the murder of a Colonial officer -- and is reunited with a former lover.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 25 April 2011, 05:11 PM.

It was an okay episode. I give it a ** 1/2.

Prometheus was a very interesting looking ship. And no Starbuck in the ep, or Pegasus for that matter.
    sigpic

Comment

spoil me! I won't be able to watch it for another few hours, was it really that bad? Another filler?

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
        no Starbuck in the ep
        I know, I'm really dissapointed. Starbuck is my favorite part of the show

Comment

Huh we saw the pegasus this episode

though..this is proberbly my least fav episode so far from either season...

Lee annoyed me me to death....and Dee........ gah..

I missed Starbuck

Comment

i missed the first 15 or so mins (due to havin' to work) *curses the boss* but what i say i liked.

but then i was too busy droolin' over Lee.. have to watch it again to see what exactly i missed in the ep.
            sigpic

Comment

Those poor children! Awe man, I don't know if I want to watch this show anymore. I know stuff like that goes on... there are people out there that have a desire to burn in hell, but that just turned my stomach. Though I understand that was what was needed to push Lee over the edge. (It's because of things like that, that keep me from watching the Law and Orders and the CSIs, you never know when something like that will pop up on one of those shows.)

Comment

Well I’ll be a dissenting voice and say I really enjoyed it.

Yes it was very Lee centric, but I’ve been waiting for some more background story on him.

Though I agree with the *gah* feeling about this thing they are pushing between Lee and Dee.... It’s getting annoying.

And damn it really looked like they were choking poor Jamie. I thought he did a fine job of carrying the episode tonight.

Walter, you'll get your Starbuck next week.

Yeah the implication of what the children were being sold for was disturbing, but then that kind of stuff seems to be a common. There are more perverted people out there than I care to think about. Cockroaches will always survive a nuclear holocaust....
                IMO always implied.

Comment

Decent ep. Not quite as thrilling as some of the others, but it still packed some oomph.

I, too, wish they'd drop the Lee/Dee crap. It's so stupid and artificial and obnoxious. And I like Billy, dammit!

Being one who is absolutely terrible with faces (I consistently fail to recognize Ben Browder whenever I look at the pics from SG-1), can someone tell me who the blonde woman was that Lee kept remembering? Are we supposed to know her?

Interesting direction to take Lee's character, with Chevon. Hearkens back to the original series and I kinda got an OS vibe off the ep, which is a bit strange since I was probably Boxey's age when I caught the reruns on TV and only ever paid attention to the daggit. LOL! Today's BSG is MUCH grittier than it was then, that's fer sure, and the subject matter was well handled, I guess.

Not sure about the loss of wossname from the Pegasus. Sounds like he wasn't the best of guys (and why oh why does the dark little part of me say he would have been one to go for the kids?) but the constant changing of command on Peg can't be good. Guess we'll see how it all turns out soon enough.

Comment

I, too, wish they'd drop the Lee/Dee crap. It's so stupid and artificial and obnoxious. And I like Billy, dammit!

I know I want more Billy GRRR we havnt seen him a whole lot which makes me sad

Dee has just been....to me latly

can someone tell me who the blonde woman was that Lee kept remembering? Are we supposed to know her?

Lee's Ex girlfreind I think..

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer
                      Lee's Ex girlfreind I think..
                      Kinda figured that much. But she isn't someone we've seen before? I'm not missing something blatantly obvious to the entire rest of fandom? 'Cause, wow, that's probably a first. lol

Oh, and I've decided I don't like Dee anymore. Billy deserves someone better.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        Kinda figured that much. But she isn't someone we've seen before? I'm not missing something blatantly obvious to the entire rest of fandom? 'Cause, wow, that's probably a first. lol

Oh, and I've decided I don't like Dee anymore. Billy deserves someone better.
                        I thought that it was a bit strange that the chick wanted to give him a baby, and than ran off after he told her no. Its like, if he's not ready, he's not ready... the guy had issues about his own parents marrage, it's no wonder why he's scare of that kind of commitment. (Was it just me or did it look like she was in the crowd that Zarick was walking though at the end of the episode?)

Yeah, not to happy about the way Dee is acting. It's like she's with Billy until something better comes along mainly Lee. Makes me wonder how much she actually cares about him. He's such a nice guy too, he does deserve a girl who will love him for who he is and not let the eyes wonder.

Comment

Dee.....yeah Billy does deserve better this who Lee/Dee relationship just wooshed out of the blue... I dont remember it even being built up at all as well :X

Comment

Well I kind of liked this one too - certainly more than last week's episode. I think it did a better job of showing what is going on with Lee than that surreal suicidal moment in Resurrection Ship.

I don't remember seeing "flashback girlfriend" before either but I gather they had a falling out over his refusal to commit to having a child with her - at first I thought she might already be pregnant the way she was clutching her stomach. Guess not, just the usual "failure to commit".

Totally not liking the bit with Dee/Lee. Dee seems like a totally different character from the gal who gave Adama wise advice earlier in the season. Maybe she's a Cylon and got a new personality downloaded into her brain. Whatever, I'm finding it contrived and annoying.

Liked the end scene with Adama and Lee. They're backing each other up now and I'm enjoying this phase of their relationship.

I like that BSG tries to show us the realities of the fleet's situation every once in awhile - it's not all just space battles. Food is scarce, medicine is scarce and the oldest profession is thriving. And it's not all magically cleaned up by the end of the episode.
                            Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by keshou
                              Liked the end scene with Adama and Lee. They're backing each other up now and I'm enjoying this phase of their relationship.
                              Me too.

Haven't had too many scenes with those two together this season, and I appreciate every little one they include. Had to chuckle at that look he gave his dad when he asked why he hadn't told him about that woman.

I like that BSG tries to show us the realities of the fleet's situation every once in awhile - it's not all just space battles. Food is scarce, medicine is scarce and the oldest profession is thriving. And it's not all magically cleaned up by the end of the episode.
                              If anything it’s just getting uglier.

The human aspect can be really depressing if you think about because there seem to be less and less bright spots.

Though Doc Cottle can find the bright spots. His crack back to Adama about if he found anything else on Fisk's body, he might just retire early.
                              IMO always implied.

Comment

Working...
                              X