Black Market (214)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst episode... EVER!

I couldn't believe how cliched this thing was, and what's worse, is that it made every character on screen look like a loser.

What a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by anotherquestion
      One very small observation.

When Baltar discovers the blood spattered table at the crime scene of Fisk's murder, he reacts with the exclamation "O my god" instead of using the more appropriate (for the Colonials) plural form. This passes unnoticed by Lee Adama (who might not be the closest observing detective for this investigation after all).

I don't know if this was a slip in continuity or another subtle sign of Baltar's changing orientation. We've heard the expressions "O my gods" and "Thank the gods" many times in the past episodes.
      I kinda think it's probably just a slip on the actor's part and no one corrected him. I don't think it makes sense for Baltar to start saying things like "O my God" or "God damn" even if he's been "converted". Those terms don't necessarily denote religious convictions. They're purely colloquial sayings. I can say those things and still consider myself an atheist or polotheist.

Comment

Originally posted by apollo123
        ...Those terms don't necessarily denote religious convictions. They're purely colloquial sayings. I can say those things and still consider myself an atheist or polotheist.
        yeah exactly. in the moments i say those things i really have other things in mind than thinking about my view on religion -.-

Comment

Originally posted by apollo123
          I kinda think it's probably just a slip on the actor's part and no one corrected him. I don't think it makes sense for Baltar to start saying things like "O my God" or "God damn" even if he's been "converted". Those terms don't necessarily denote religious convictions. They're purely colloquial sayings. I can say those things and still consider myself an atheist or polotheist.
          My point is that you'd be much less likely to say "O my gods" like the rest of the Colonials, because of the general cultural millieu. It's not your belief system as much as an implicit frame of reference. Whether you believe or not, once you start to enumerate dieties differently, you're changing the way you think about the whole concept.

Comment

ha, all i have to say is, im really not liking the way Lee is going. All through the series Lee has been the voice of reason and morality. His 'paying for it' seems beneath him.

Also, what is it with the 'Dee' Ditz? I mean, i know who id choose between Lee and Billy. the former hands down. But to go drooling after Lee whilst being involved with Billy . . . I will say that i have a few choice words to say about her which i wont post.

The saving grace of this ep was the scene with Lee and Bill.

Comment

I thought this was a terrific episode. The thing I love about Battlestar Galactica is how it explores drama beyond the usual sci fi space battle ad infinitum. I like the exploration of the little details about keeping a refugee fleet alive: water shortages, riots, political scheming, etc. Oddly enough I think Battlestar Galactica does a better job at exploring current issues than the supposed "ripped from the headlines" crud that is the naive West Wing. This is what makes the show a cut above the usual Trek drivel (and this comes from a long time Star Trek fan). I also thought "Black Market" developed Lee's character well. Cracking a bit under the burdens of what the Galactica faces he was driven to welcoming death in "Resurrection" and it made his actions in this episode all the more believable. He really did not care that someone was shoving a gun in his chest. The past two episodes I thought were a bit of a deus ex machina cop out. Caine is taken out, but nobody has to get their hair mussed and Rosyln is given a miracle cure out of nowhere. Great episodes, but both plot developments were a little too convenient. I think this episode put things back on track. And Scar followed it up with more great character development on Starbuck.

Comment

1. OK...Lee's losing the plot. We had hints of this in Ressurection Ship. Best way to explain him fracking a whore.

2. Never seen the Adamas so close before.

3. Lee's decision to keep the black market running is certainly...interesting.

Overall though, it was a case of 'what does this have to do with anything?' An OKish standalone, the only consequences of which look to be that Pegasus needs yet 'another' new commander.
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Well, that was... um... crap.

Comment

the idea was good, the episode...mm not so much. There was something missing in here, something that conect the episode to what was going on in the season.
                    What I love to see about this episode was to see Lee making his own decision for the first time, but not even that convince me to much.
                    and then again he??..Lee Adama..sleeping with a whore??
                    http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ux/karaLee.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak
                      Well, that was... um... crap.
                      Very. The worst episode yet for BSG. I constantly found myself nodding along to Ron's podcast for this episode. And Fisk...what a waste.
                      sigpic
                      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Avg ep. Gave a good insight into the blackmarket and Lees past at least.
                        Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post

Actually, I dunno if that makes it any better. She makes a play for Lee, loses, so goes back to Billy? That isn't too cool, either.
                          Overall the series could have done with a lot less soap opera
                          Let it be known for all times there were once two planets in this system. The planet Lister made great television shows. The planet Liber made crap
                          They had to fake the ratings
                          They had to fake the ratings.
                          Let it be known for all times there were once...

Comment

I had heard this episode wasn't one of the best, so I wasn't expecting much from it, and that is what it delivered. It really does seem like a filler episode, and I'm looking forward to getting to the meatier ones at the end of the season (we're working through the DVD set).
                            Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

do you think the ship being called prometheus was a dig at SG-1?
                              Spoiler:
                              Disclaimer:
                              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                              Quotes!
                              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                                do you think the ship being called prometheus was a dig at SG-1?
                                not sure alot of shows use the name

Comment

Working...
                                X