Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

GateWorld Black Market (214)

Visit the Episode GuideGALACTICA SEASON TWO
    BLACK MARKET
    EPISODE NUMBER - 214

Lee becomes entangled with a mafia-like group of criminals when he investigates the murder of a Colonial officer -- and is reunited with a former lover.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; April 25th, 2011 at 05:11 PM.

Sci-Fi Re: Black Market (214)

It was an okay episode. I give it a ** 1/2.

Prometheus was a very interesting looking ship. And no Starbuck in the ep, or Pegasus for that matter.

Second Lieutenant

Default Re: Black Market (214)

spoil me! I won't be able to watch it for another few hours, was it really that bad? Another filler?

Quote Originally Posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
    no Starbuck in the ep
    I know, I'm really dissapointed. Starbuck is my favorite part of the show

Huh we saw the pegasus this episode

though..this is proberbly my least fav episode so far from either season...

Lee annoyed me me to death....and Dee........ gah..

I missed Starbuck

for me to know.. and for you to find out.

i missed the first 15 or so mins (due to havin' to work) *curses the boss* but what i say i liked.

but then i was too busy droolin' over Lee.. have to watch it again to see what exactly i missed in the ep.

Those poor children! Awe man, I don't know if I want to watch this show anymore. I know stuff like that goes on... there are people out there that have a desire to burn in hell, but that just turned my stomach. Though I understand that was what was needed to push Lee over the edge. (It's because of things like that, that keep me from watching the Law and Orders and the CSIs, you never know when something like that will pop up on one of those shows.)

Well Iíll be a dissenting voice and say I really enjoyed it.

Yes it was very Lee centric, but Iíve been waiting for some more background story on him.

Though I agree with the *gah* feeling about this thing they are pushing between Lee and Dee.... Itís getting annoying.

And damn it really looked like they were choking poor Jamie. I thought he did a fine job of carrying the episode tonight.

Walter, you'll get your Starbuck next week.

Yeah the implication of what the children were being sold for was disturbing, but then that kind of stuff seems to be a common. There are more perverted people out there than I care to think about. Cockroaches will always survive a nuclear holocaust....
    IMO always implied.

Decent ep. Not quite as thrilling as some of the others, but it still packed some oomph.

I, too, wish they'd drop the Lee/Dee crap. It's so stupid and artificial and obnoxious. And I like Billy, dammit!

Being one who is absolutely terrible with faces (I consistently fail to recognize Ben Browder whenever I look at the pics from SG-1), can someone tell me who the blonde woman was that Lee kept remembering? Are we supposed to know her?

Interesting direction to take Lee's character, with Chevon. Hearkens back to the original series and I kinda got an OS vibe off the ep, which is a bit strange since I was probably Boxey's age when I caught the reruns on TV and only ever paid attention to the daggit. LOL! Today's BSG is MUCH grittier than it was then, that's fer sure, and the subject matter was well handled, I guess.

Not sure about the loss of wossname from the Pegasus. Sounds like he wasn't the best of guys (and why oh why does the dark little part of me say he would have been one to go for the kids?) but the constant changing of command on Peg can't be good. Guess we'll see how it all turns out soon enough.

I, too, wish they'd drop the Lee/Dee crap. It's so stupid and artificial and obnoxious. And I like Billy, dammit!

I know I want more Billy GRRR we havnt seen him a whole lot which makes me sad

Dee has just been....to me latly

can someone tell me who the blonde woman was that Lee kept remembering? Are we supposed to know her?

Lee's Ex girlfreind I think..

Quote Originally Posted by kharn the betrayer
    Lee's Ex girlfreind I think..
    Kinda figured that much. But she isn't someone we've seen before? I'm not missing something blatantly obvious to the entire rest of fandom? 'Cause, wow, that's probably a first. lol

Oh, and I've decided I don't like Dee anymore. Billy deserves someone better.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat
    Kinda figured that much. But she isn't someone we've seen before? I'm not missing something blatantly obvious to the entire rest of fandom? 'Cause, wow, that's probably a first. lol

Oh, and I've decided I don't like Dee anymore. Billy deserves someone better.
    I thought that it was a bit strange that the chick wanted to give him a baby, and than ran off after he told her no. Its like, if he's not ready, he's not ready... the guy had issues about his own parents marrage, it's no wonder why he's scare of that kind of commitment. (Was it just me or did it look like she was in the crowd that Zarick was walking though at the end of the episode?)

Yeah, not to happy about the way Dee is acting. It's like she's with Billy until something better comes along mainly Lee. Makes me wonder how much she actually cares about him. He's such a nice guy too, he does deserve a girl who will love him for who he is and not let the eyes wonder.

Dee.....yeah Billy does deserve better this who Lee/Dee relationship just wooshed out of the blue... I dont remember it even being built up at all as well :X

Well I kind of liked this one too - certainly more than last week's episode. I think it did a better job of showing what is going on with Lee than that surreal suicidal moment in Resurrection Ship.

I don't remember seeing "flashback girlfriend" before either but I gather they had a falling out over his refusal to commit to having a child with her - at first I thought she might already be pregnant the way she was clutching her stomach. Guess not, just the usual "failure to commit".

Totally not liking the bit with Dee/Lee. Dee seems like a totally different character from the gal who gave Adama wise advice earlier in the season. Maybe she's a Cylon and got a new personality downloaded into her brain. Whatever, I'm finding it contrived and annoying.

Liked the end scene with Adama and Lee. They're backing each other up now and I'm enjoying this phase of their relationship.

I like that BSG tries to show us the realities of the fleet's situation every once in awhile - it's not all just space battles. Food is scarce, medicine is scarce and the oldest profession is thriving. And it's not all magically cleaned up by the end of the episode.
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...d_smallest.jpgLife is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Quote Originally Posted by keshou
    Liked the end scene with Adama and Lee. They're backing each other up now and I'm enjoying this phase of their relationship.
    Me too.

Haven't had too many scenes with those two together this season, and I appreciate every little one they include. Had to chuckle at that look he gave his dad when he asked why he hadn't told him about that woman.

I like that BSG tries to show us the realities of the fleet's situation every once in awhile - it's not all just space battles. Food is scarce, medicine is scarce and the oldest profession is thriving. And it's not all magically cleaned up by the end of the episode.
    If anything itís just getting uglier.

The human aspect can be really depressing if you think about because there seem to be less and less bright spots.

Though Doc Cottle can find the bright spots. His crack back to Adama about if he found anything else on Fisk's body, he might just retire early.
    IMO always implied.

yea i agree this was a bit boring, ive only seen the first 30 min and getting ready to see the last 30 now and its just not as exciting as the last few episodes, no starbuck thats just upsetting, oh its coming back on bye for now!

Mr. Moore really beats himself up over this in the podcast. Frankly, this was pretty good.

I think it's better than a few that he mentioned he was proud of in earlier podcasts. I think his standards are pretty high for the show (which is a good thing) but this one wasn't a dud by any means.

We learned a lot more about Lee (Bamber can really carry an episode and Michael Hogan had a STRONG scene as well) and learned a bit more about the fleet.

No worries RDM.

I think this ep. was great. The backround story on Lee and the things he has done shows more of his personality and the personal demons he faces. Now Lee is not my favorite character in the show but he did a damn good job. I would have to say that I was at the end of my seat most of the time and the show went by way to fast. Just because of all the little details that were going on with him that are so important to his character. Jamie did a great job and should be proud of what he did.

Some of you posted that you were upset that there was no Starbuck (she is my favorite character) but I didn't miss her at all in this ep. there was nothing starbuck about it and if their was it probably would've been her decking someone. I was thrilled to see more people facing their inner demons other than her. This wasn't an ep. that needed starbuck in it, I don't think.

This was a dark ep. I don't know what some of you have been or may have been complaining about, but this stuff (selling children won't go any more detail) does happen every day more than once. It is sad, horifing, discusting but perverted people like that do exist and there are thousands of them.

This show I believe show shows us the things we try to hide and ignore in this sociaty, and it hurts us in the long run because we are foolish if we don't think these things accur.

Oh Mr. Seven I do not listen to the podcast(cause I can't download it) and if RDM did beat himself over it (I'll take your word for it that he did) it was well done. With these High standards that they have or we have set for the show, they should just shoot it the way the want, write it the way they want, edit the way they want, because thats how they got this faw and had little to no faith from anyone and now its the Best TV show, wasn't best new reimangend sci-fi show, just big broud stated for all catagories BEST TV SHOW of 2005(from tv guide or time mag, something like that you all know Im sure).

(Please forgive me for any miss-spelling I am and always will be dyslexic (Im not even sure if thats how you spell the learning thing) seriously I am).
    Last edited by GALACTIC MYTH; January 27th, 2006 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda Eros
    I thought that it was a bit strange that the chick wanted to give him a baby, and than ran off after he told her no. Its like, if he's not ready, he's not ready... the guy had issues about his own parents marrage, it's no wonder why he's scare of that kind of commitment. (Was it just me or did it look like she was in the crowd that Zarick was walking though at the end of the episode?)

Yeah, not to happy about the way Dee is acting. It's like she's with Billy until something better comes along mainly Lee. Makes me wonder how much she actually cares about him. He's such a nice guy too, he does deserve a girl who will love him for who he is and not let the eyes wonder.
    I understood that she was already pregnant and gave Lee the news, and he denied her and the baby (the sene where she puts his hand on her stomach and then we see him pull his hands away quickley and then she runs off) and Lee didn't go after her. Then she and the growing baby both died during the cylon attack. Thats what and where I thought his guilt was coming from, for the ep.

Staff Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by GALACTIC MYTH
    I understood that she was already pregnant and gave Lee the news, and he denied her and the baby (the sene where she puts his hand on her stomach and then we see him pull his hands away quickley and then she runs off) and Lee didn't go after her. Then she and the growing baby both died during the cylon attack. Thats what and where I thought his guilt was coming from, for the ep.
    That's what I got too, but maybe the Podcast will clear things up. I thought they had some interesting ideas but they didn't follow through. All of a sudden Lee is spending quality time away from Galactica. He and Dee (blech) are getting cozy while working out. (Brief tangent... it's one thing for the producers to push this relationship, but could they have the decency to do it on screen? Yeah she tossed him around a couple months back, big deal. I like it when the writers don't feel the need to dumb it down for me, but could we keep the "think for yourself" aspects at the sub-MENSA level?) Zarek came across as a plot device, and the "B" Story with Baltar was pointless. And I missed Kara... her abscence was actually a little distracting. When Lee walked into the bar to confront the Big Bad Boss I half expected Starbuck to follow behind him.

I wasn't surprised when Lee popped the guy, I just wish he hadn't hesitated. I thought the last flash back was unnecessary. The guy was selling child as sex slaves, you don't need to reach for personal stores of guilt and loss to off the guy. It was almost like Lee missed his cue, and the other actor had to say his line again so the scene could end!

A disappointing episode.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast