• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epiphanies (213)

Visit the Episode GuideGALACTICA SEASON TWO
    EPIPHANIES
    EPISODE NUMBER - 213

President Roslin lies on her deathbed, recalling her life on Caprica in the final hours before the attack. A terrorist group surfaces in the fleet demanding peace with the Cylons, and Baltar makes a discovery about the Cylon Sharon's unborn child.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 25 April 2011, 05:11 PM.

Roslin Lives!!! It was a good episode, I give it a ***.
    sigpic

Comment

this is all I have to say..

Meh for the fact Rosalin was cured so damn easily ;_; ...I like her character but I want he rto Die just like the profercy said she would

I liked every thing else though expecially the flash backs and the Baltar/6 convo at the end when 6 was reading the letter

Comment

Another quality episode. And no cheesy music this one either! WooHoo!

Comment

Actually, the prophecy says that a dying leader (which she was dying) would lead the way to earth (which she has), but would never live to step foot on it. Thus, as long as she dies of any cause before they get to Earth, the prophecy is fulfilled.

Prophecies never go the way people expect ,there's always twists and half truths about them. Thats why they're so difficult.

I give it a b+ though. I can't fully explain why, but I guess I just didn't find it as satisfying as I have other episodes (resurrection ship pt 2, for example).
          ...but now I know
          That twenty centuries of stony sleep
          Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
          And what rough beast, its hour come 'round at last,
          Slouches toward Bethlehem to be born?

Comment

I give it a b+ though. I can't fully explain why, but I guess I just didn't find it as satisfying as I have other episodes (resurrection ship pt 2, for example).
            I got that feeling to

I enjoyed it but I didnt get the same feeling I got while watching the last 3 episodes

Comment

Did anyone else think this episode marked the beginning of Gaius' character? Up to this point he has been manuevered by Six or his superiors...

*SPOILERS*----holy crap I'm gonna talk about the episode now, if you haven't seen it...don't read any further----

I think that's an appropriate distance to prevent accidental viewing.
              So, back to the discussion. With Gaius finding the truth of the cylon blood, ignoring Six's questioning about her "corporeal" counterpart and the shocker at the end, it would seem Gaius is siezing his own destiny. This is honestly the first time I've felt that Gaius wasn't a worm. Another thing... Did Laura actually recall seeing him with Six on caprica? Placing the warhead in the hands of the peace movement would give them the power to decapitate the government and the military, why? aghh....great writing

Comment

after the past 3 episodes they had to slow down, which is what i expected in tonight's episode. i knew roslin's recovery would be quick and based from last week's preview, it became clear how roslin would get passed her 6 month expiration date.

pros
                - flashback scenes were great, roslin liked to get it on with men of power, judging by her encounter with the president
                - so she was going get ousted as Sec of Education, only to become president just hours later
                -baltar giving the nuke, talk about whoa.

cons
                - who in their right mind would ever joint a group that would declare peace with the cylons?! hello your homeworlds have been nuked, those who survived and are child bearing are hooked up to machines
                - don't they know president aidar (sp) offered complete surrender
                - adama and roslin should just give those people their own ship and say go ahead declare peace, we're out ! looks like these civilians are so ungrateful, with out galactica they would all be dead

i expect the next few episodes to not be on the slower paced before things gets speed up. this episode really put the mystery surrounding on baltar and what his whole plan in this, is he crazy? is he not? that nuke was all the way from season 1, nice to know they don't forget details like that

Comment

i also forgot to mention... yes gina with her hair pulled back and actually wearing clothes does look different from #6 but hello one could still recognize her.

i mean, after 6 months give or take out in space this BLOND women comes in out of nowhere and is now some sort of leader of a movement that now wants peace with the cylons? that aspect felt like hole in the plot

Comment

Just a question, but is this the episode that the previews showed Caprica Boomer assaulting her Marine guards with a chair?

Comment

Originally posted by somedude
                      Just a question, but is this the episode that the previews showed Caprica Boomer assaulting her Marine guards with a chair?
                      yes it is

Spoiler:
                      the Marines were getting boomer so they could abort the baby and boomer didnt exactly like the idea

Comment

I agree with most of what you said.
                        The cyclons were enslaved but eventually freed.
                        The cyclons did try to obliterate humanity and they are CHASING the fleet.
                        I can't remember the "peace" leaders name but (we want peace and we will kill to get it) he said the fleet is attacking and retreating.
                        Anyone with half a brain can see that the Galactica is RUNNING and only fighting when they have to.
                        Despite what Cain wanted. There was simply no way to take back the 12 colonies.
                        The Colonials don't have the manpower or the hardware.
                        Nor any way to build either in a short timeframe without advanced technological planetary infrastructure

And Whatever happened to non violent/peaceful demonstrations? I might disagree with the viewpoint that making peace with the Cylons is the correct course of action, but I feel you have a right to express it peacefully.
                        It's kinda like people blowing up abortion clinics cause they are against murder.
                        But I digress

It's doubtful that the military has released that the cylons are trying to impregnate surviving women on Caprica and the other colonies. This might cause people to call for the rescue of the resistance.
                        While admirable, an attack on the planet to save 50+ people (and the resistance has probably been infiltrated by a cyclon humanoid model) is not worth the Galactica and/or Pegasus. They could be going up against a planetary defense system + basestars. To stack the lives of the last 48K+ humans against 50 humans is insanity.

It was the same thing when Starbuck got shot down and flew the Cyclon Raider back to Galactica. Roslyn had to tell Adama and Apollo to pull their heads out of their asses and to stop risking the fleet for 1 pilot.

Thats my 2 cents. Time for bed.

Originally posted by cyke
                        after the past 3 episodes they had to slow down, which is what i expected in tonight's episode. i knew roslin's recovery would be quick and based from last week's preview, it became clear how roslin would get passed her 6 month expiration date.

pros
                        - flashback scenes were great, roslin liked to get it on with men of power, judging by her encounter with the president
                        - so she was going get ousted as Sec of Education, only to become president just hours later
                        -baltar giving the nuke, talk about whoa.

cons
                        - who in their right mind would ever joint a group that would declare peace with the cylons?! hello your homeworlds have been nuked, those who survived and are child bearing are hooked up to machines
                        - don't they know president aidar (sp) offered complete surrender
                        - adama and roslin should just give those people their own ship and say go ahead declare peace, we're out ! looks like these civilians are so ungrateful, with out galactica they would all be dead

i expect the next few episodes to not be on the slower paced before things gets speed up. this episode really put the mystery surrounding on baltar and what his whole plan in this, is he crazy? is he not? that nuke was all the way from season 1, nice to know they don't forget details like that

Comment

I basically don't understand the need for a group of people wanting peace with the cylons. granted not everyone may know the whole facts but really now, didn't the events in "33" tell these people anything. do you think the next time a cylon ship arrives, they will respond with hails of peace ?

Comment

Can someone seriously explain within the already set confines of Battlestar Gallactica how FRAK they were able to sneak a nuclear warhead off the ship without the radiation sensors picking it up.

It has already been set that Gallactica is capable of picking up radiation signatures onboard it's ships, and constantly tracks for them.

Anyone?

Comment

Maybe I'm a little confused, but didn't Lucy Lawless's character witness Sharon giving birth to her child in The Final Cut episode? I mean Sharon was all screaming and thrashing on a bed... which to me seemed like giving birth.

Also, in this episode you find that Six (the one Baltar saved from the Pegasus) has joined a "peace" group in order to pursuade the humans to surrender to the Cyclons so that the Cyclons could "save" them. If I recall in the previous episode didn't she basically allow the death of hundreds of cyclons by telling Baltar what the Ressurection ship was? She also seemed pretty darned satisfied when the Ressurection ship was destroyed. Now she's crawling back to the Cylons!?

Comment

Working...
                              X