No announcement yet.

Resurrection Ship, Part 2 (212)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this was so cool lee had the best seat in the house for this fireworks show i will miss cain i really liked her toughness

Comment

I love this episode simply because Roslin and Adama kiss.... that for me made the episode.
      sigpic

Comment

Tonight, my wife and I watched this episode. She thought it was really good, especially how Cain got what was coming to her in the end. She thought that the kiss between Adama and Roslin was very sweet, and hopes it was a sign of things to come between the two of them. Sometimes, it is hard for me to not let her in on little spoilers, but I do my best.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          Tonight, my wife and I watched this episode. She thought it was really good, especially how Cain got what was coming to her in the end. She thought that the kiss between Adama and Roslin was very sweet, and hopes it was a sign of things to come between the two of them. Sometimes, it is hard for me to not let her in on little spoilers, but I do my best.
          1, cain didn't deserve that fate IMO

2, the kiss was done on the spot by eddie. wasn't scripted
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
            1, cain didn't deserve that fate IMO

2, the kiss was done on the spot by eddie. wasn't scripted
            My wife didn't like her character once she took command of the fleet.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

This is besides Unfinished Busisness one of my favourite episodes of Galactica, I loved that line from Lee "I didnt want to make it" (or smth like that), its a side from him that we see only once I think, so it came really unexpected for me.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                This is besides Unfinished Busisness one of my favourite episodes of Galactica, I loved that line from Lee "I didnt want to make it" (or smth like that), its a side from him that we see only once I think, so it came really unexpected for me.
                One of my favorites as well. The visuals of the battle are so beautiful in this one.

As to Lee yeah that was something kind of unexpected from him but it showed just how bad the situation had gotten that he, of all people, had had enough and in a moment of weakness just gave up.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

First, I loved the way they opened the episode. It's a device that can be overused in tv (for instance, I didn't like it as much in "Act of Contrition"), but I think it worked well here.

I think Razor colours my impression of Cain over this three-ep arc, but this ep seemed to humanize her a bit, to me. But then again, maybe that's just bleed-through from Razor. I found her and Starbuck's relationship an interesting one. Starbuck's eulogy at the end definitely made me think.

Worthy of survival. This is the main theme of the ep and one of the pervading themes of the show. It's such an important one. It's like I mentioned in the thread for the last ep about the line between protagonist and antagonist - it's this that separates the two: decisions that make one worthy of survival. It's a question that's forever relevant. As far as this ep is concerned, I was so dang relieved when Adama lived up to that standard. I have to say, though, I was surprised when Cain made the same decision - not such a blatant antagonist after all.

Vis-effects. Beyond awesome! That is all.

Apollo. His character's turn here was an unexpected one. But an interesting one nevertheless.

Final scene!!! I know I do this a lot with these two, but I definitely shed a tear during these scene... So sweet and so heartbreaking. MM and EJO play so well off of each other - it never feels like any interaction is forced or 'acted'. It just feels so organic. EJO rolled with an instinct in this scene and MM responded perfectly. Very beautiful scene.
                  "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
                  ~William Adama

All this has happened before. All this is happening again.

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                    That moment from Lee really shook me. If Lee Adama doesn't care about living anymore, why should anyone?

Comment

Working...
                    X