This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cylon Commanders? (Final Cut Spoilers)

Lucy Lawless' Cylon Character said that she lost two fighters to get the video of "BOOMER" having trouble with the baby.

Does this mean that the Human Cylon's are not just mere agents and have their own control over fleets of Cylon BaseStars?

There are some Human-Cylons that are used as programmable "agents", while others (any model) do not have any "hidden programming or override commands/triggers". The Human-Cylons also seem to be at the top of the Cylon Hierarchy and in control.

The sacrifice of 2 cylon raiders to receive/relay information about the preggers Sharon was an acceptable loss since the baby has the utmost importance to the Cylons. Remember, the Cylons had no idea where was or how Sharon escaped from Caprica. Biers just happened to stumble upon Sharon in the medical emergency room. For the moment, the Cylons want the baby and possibly Sharon to survive at any cost.

Just have to wait and see where it all leads. There may be a point where Cylon losses are no longer acceptable and can't be replaced easily or impacts the Cylon infrastructure negatively (lack of resources). We have no idea what the Cylon fleet strength is, how many baseships were built, or how many human-cylon and mechanical cylons there really are.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Wouldn't the Cylons continue to make and grow more human Cylons and centurions? When they did the shots of what the inside of a basestar looked like parts of it seemed to resemble a factory, especially since it had all those little pods.
      *THUNK*

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."- Adam Savage

Cassidy- "Go ahead, Munch, rain on my parade."
      Munch- "I don't just want to rain on your parade, I want to blow up all the floats."

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5
        Lucy Lawless' Cylon Character said that she lost two fighters to get the video of "BOOMER" having trouble with the baby.

Does this mean that the Human Cylon's are not just mere agents and have their own control over fleets of Cylon BaseStars?
        This statement, IMHO, can be easily interpreted in two very different ways:

1. On the face of it, the more obvious interpretation is that two Cylon Raiders were deliberatly allowed to be overwhelmed and destroyed in order to relay the video of gravid Sharon back to the fleet.

2. Making lemonade out of lemons--The Cylon scout ships sent out in a random search pattern stumbled upon the RTF, the happy but unintended by-product being the relay of the Sharon footage back to the Cylon fleet after their destruction.

Although the first possiblity has an immediate appeal and resonance, there are a couple of problems with it. First of all, for the Raiders to have been deliberately sacrificed, the Cylons had to know where the fleet was located, implying a level of knowledge of their movements from an inside agent. sure enough, from the end of the episode we know there is an agent within the fleet. Nevertheless the appearance of Sharon appeared to genuinely surprise the Cylon viewers at the end of the episode. This implies that the Cylon intelligence is far from complete. Whats makes this more problematic is that the video being relayed is "the Final Cut", meaning some of the footage is taken after the two Raiders were destroyed, so they couldn't have relayed it while they were "intact", implying that their destruction was not related to the relay.

This leads me to believe that the second interpretation is more likely. The Cylon intelligence was imperfect, new information was obtained after the scout ships were destroyed (and, perhaps, relayed by some surviving mechanism floating among the debris cloud, still intact like a black-box from a crashed Airplane). Saying that the Raiders were "sacrificed" to relay the video was more of an after the fact rationalization or positive spin on what happened. I don't think it implies a leadership position for the Lucy Lawless model, but it does appear to make her more of a Press Secretary for the Cylon hierarchy (sort of a Bhagdad Bob).

Comment

Working...
        X