Crusade (919)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AGateFan
    The Daniel one ... that I have now locked out of my brain and happily will never, ever hear again... but kudos to Cam for putting a stop to it.
    You mean the... "Funny, Daniel was always trying to get in my pants and now I'm in his," line?

Okay episode. I wanted to see the Ori ships more, and more Ori weapons being fired. Vala should have been toned down a bit more, and Seevis wasn't well-articulated in terms of character.
    We should have had more on the IoA thing, because that was good and could have been developed into a better story.
    The ending of the episode was great.

Overall: ***

Comment

The writers said they loved Vala, so I am pretty sure we will get a few of these jokes/sexjokes in every episode in season 10 as well.

Comment

This was by far the best episode of season 9
        (and just for the record this comes from an anti-s9er)
        I never thought I'd say this about a s9 episode but this one truly deserves it
        GREAT episode!
        excellent writing (with the small exception of the russia deal and the ending scene)
        and above all outstanding performance by CB
        I'm starting to have a good feeling about next season with CB returning
        the last couple of episodes were actually quite alright
        let's hope TPTB can keep that up

Comment

This was a good episode, and it really has me psyched for the season finale...! The preview for next week was great..! It looked like a Tau'ri/Jaffa/Asgard vs. Ori free for all..!
          The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
          Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
          My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
          Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Tomin is a great character the actor who plays him was great.

Tim Guinee play a killer that was kind yet brutal, in Law & Order episode Hubris his character was Mark Landry/Richard Morriston. He was great in it.

Tomin I feel a pity for him, but at the same time I see that he would do anything for the Ori.

yeah I agree the Ori staff weapon is basically the same to Jaffa staff weapon, but the Ori staff weapon has a pitcher on the tip which I think would be useful for close hand to hand fighting.

Comment

Great episode.

I think it's better that they showed Claudia Black instead of Michael Shanks on camera. MS is a great actor, and I would have loved to see him, but I like the continuity with the fact that when Vala and Daniel were inside Harrid and Salas we saw them as Daniel and Vala, except in mirrors, etc.
              Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
              Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
              Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
              Stargate Destiny, Fan
              Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                Yeah, it would have been easier, and would have made sense. But with CB being tptb's new toy, they were never going to go that way. Makes me very leery for Season 10. This would have been an excellent episode for MS, certainly fun to watch him act like Vala. But he was slapped on the wallpaper in favor of all Vala, all the time.

Bah.
                Except they could just as easily have had him in the beginning scene with Mitchell for the joke and to establish that she was in Daniel, and then not show any of him until the end when she was gone and Daniel was back. Or, they could have written some other way for Vala to communicate what happened without making her inhabit Daniel's body and he could have just been with the rest of SG1. Even if they were making it a showcase for CB (and this episode was 99% Vala), I can't see why they would want to wallpaper MS more than the other actors, who weren't exactly taking up gobs of screentime themselves. MS has gotten some nice stuff to work with this season (and no denying in the first half, which was full of Vala) and also in the second half (although I think we might disagree here), and it seems he's going to be active in the next episode, so it doesn't seem like they have some desire to wallpaper him.
                I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Well Crusade was this seasons version of a clip show. Lots of information but a slow moving and at times boring episode. I will admit it was a little better than I thought it would be but that is mainly because they have toned down Vala some.
                  My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

What an episode. From Vala's glories in the men's locker room to Sg-1 about to search for Merlin's weapon, this was phenomenal.

I loved the story on Vala and what she had to go through in the Ori galaxy to stay alive. I feel sorry for her. I think she has grown to care deeply about Tomin, and now he's about to go off and mass murder millions of innocent people, and she can't do anything to stop him. The dream sequence was very creepy. That flaming face (which was very well-done) gave me shivers up and down my spine. I also loved it when she asked them if they had heard of anyone else ever having a baby without the "usual bits." Carter, as a Roman Catholic, naturally thinking Mary, Mitchell chiming in about it happening once before and the Teal'c answered with what he thought was on their minds. Darth Vader. Sometimes I forget that he likes Star Was. Was surprised at Mitchell's answer. Also kinda freaked out, 'cause I did the same thing he did. Researched some Arthurian legend, particularly Merlin, after SG-1 got into it.

Michael Shanks was very good as Vala (the little bits we got to see of him), but I wish that they had let him play Vala a little bit more. I also liked the sub-plot with the Russians nearly reclaiming their Stargate. For a while there I was worried.

The Ori ships are actually interesting. In the shape of the symbol of Origin, I think they are the most unique ships I've seen in a long time. The weapons of the Ori are probably going to be very tough to beat.

A truly outstanding episode that has ended with all of Earth's allies searching the entire galaxy for one thing and Sg-1 searching for the one weapon that could prove once and for all that the Ori are not true gods, I wish my VCR had been working. I give this a fully deserved 5/5 stars. But next week is the season finale? The torture!
                    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Except for the towel scene this was the most boring episode I have seen yet. Yak Yak Yak. Do we need everything explained? I could have done w/out all the yakking and had them go on to the planet. The most boring of the season for me. And I like Claudia. Just too much talking. I don't need to have everything explained to me. I was like Mitchell. Skip on to the necessary stuff.
                      Sybil

Comment

Originally posted by shester
                        Except for the towel scene this was the most boring episode I have seen yet. Yak Yak Yak. Do we need everything explained? I could have done w/out all the yakking and had them go on to the planet. The most boring of the season for me. And I like Claudia. Just too much talking. I don't need to have everything explained to me. I was like Mitchell. Skip on to the necessary stuff.
                        Sybil
                        You're extremely unfair here, but of course I respect your opinion. But after what Vala was through in the Ori galaxy (and don't forget it was SG-1's fault, they really should have listened to Vala in Beachhead), she deserved her own story. An extensive one. Just like this. THANK YOU CLAUDIA, THANK YOU ROBERT C. COOPER!!!

Comment

What Vala has been through has nothing to do with whether the episode was boring or not, and expressing the opinion that it was boring has nothing to do with fairness.

Personally, I thought it was fairly boring. Listening to Vala tell a story for an hour about the Ori in a peasant village is not the most exciting thing in the world. THere had to have been better ways to do this, but I can't think of any off the top of my head. Mostly, I just wanted less talking and more showing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackan
                            The writers said they loved Vala, so I am pretty sure we will get a few of these jokes/sexjokes in every episode in season 10 as well.
                            yes, lord forbid we don't cater to the lowest common denominator at every opportunity
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

So what did I think of 219.... I enjoyed it alot

I figure if I am laughing within the first 3 minutes than I am going to have a good time with the episode and I really really did.

I personally am thrilled to have Vala back on the show and I liked how they kept some of her *saucy* side but toned it down a bit...just what is needed to keep her in the long term. Fun but serious when needed. CB excellent job!!

If a show HAS to do a flashback thingy this is much more how I prefer it...I do not like having the words *8 Hours ago* roll across the bottom of my screen. While it is basically the same it is not as easy to suspend disbelief in that kind of timeline....for me it is easier to have the character tell the story and see it unfold

Good background on the build-up of the Ori forces so next week looks to be a good one

The Russian/Chinese story line had all the makings of a really good tense situation...but this is where I thought the ball dropped. I did like Landry and his in your face moment with the Russian Col. in the Gate room. But I felt that so much MORE could have come from that but it was cleared up lickty spilt in the end...*sigh*

I am not real keen on the Ori immaculate Baby conception storyline...reminds me to much of BSG Cylon Baby story line. But I guess the writers *homage* writing style is theirs to use *shrug*

Overall I enjoyed the episode BECAUSE of Vala and her interaction with the team. I enjoyed the interplay within the team...some of the subtle back history references and I happen to like that Mitchell is true to his use of Grandma quotes.

and last but not least I read a post that made me LMAO...Cam in a towel...YUP made the whole episode worth watching (wink)
                              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Have we already returned the stargates from Off the Grid? During the entire Russian subplot, I kept thinking we would just let them have their gate, and set up a new gate with a DHD. Ours would of course have priority with the DHD. We'd keep a gate and the 304.
                                SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Working...
                                X