• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crusade (919)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON NINE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 919

Vala Mal Doran makes contact with Stargate Command from the Ori home galaxy, and tells the story of her life undercover in a village of followers building the Ori's invasion fleet.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 09:39 PM.

how better to try and curtail all the extra threads that we then have to merge into this one?

Thus far, it's pretty much half bottle episode with vala telling what's going on in the Ori universe(cheap to make and shoot using the standing sets)...intercut with snippits where they actually show some of what goes on.

it's kinda fun to watch them try and disguise baby in the sgc shots while they accentuate the tummy in the rest.

vala and claudia fans will find tons to enjoy, daniel fans won't since he's mostly absent and the rest....set up for next week.

tune in if you want more details than you'll see in a 'previously on' but if you want 'classic' stargate?, well they do TALK about the round spinny thing.

a little heavy handed 'omg, we have to redeem this character and we have to redeem her fast' vala angst but there's not 'oh wow' moment or real feeling or emotion like we're sure to get in BSG tonight

exciting? not really. but it is a necessary info dump for the 'super big and exciting finale'
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

WTF? We gave them a ******* Daedalus class battlecruiser. They better have paid for it!!!!

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

Great episode... its very interesting that the Daedalus-Class is actually the 304, and that the Korelev is going to be a US-made ship. I just don't understand why they didn't just take one of the stargates they got back from Ba'al and told the Russians to go screw themselves. The DHD is gone so neither gate would have been dominant (who knows what would have happened?)

Comment

I actually enjoyed this episode. Vala was more toned down and serious. I like.
          I like the tone. The balance was just much better in terms of humor and serious drama.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Can’t wait for Atlantis.

Another stupid useless freaking line, thank god at least Cam called her on it. Maybe they will use Vala as a tool to make us like Cam…. They both are tools…

Well, I was right…. a talking\flashback episode all narrated by a guest character, how exciting.

Oh, good they are going to make her butt of stupid of jokes too… is that all Stargate is now, characters made butts for stupid jokes?
            Speaking of which … Great, another freaking stupid grandma quote.

Oh, look this weeks “guest Star of the week”… Michael Ironside.

Well, at least they are making Landry more likeable every week. I say he is the one shining light of all of the new characters. He’s still not Hammond, but sans the stupid jacket I think I like him as General just fine.

And there’s the start of babygate….oye, how does anyone think this is a good idea?
            I can’t wait for Atlantis… though the “andromeda babe of the week” makes me sad.

Teal’c is still a star wars fan… yay at least there’s that.
            Nice try to sidestep the Christianity quagmire
            Thank god for Landy…. I agree, in the words of Ivonova, “I’ll be in the car”….

Russians are going to take back the Stargate with the Chinese?!?! Hahahaha, now that’s funny… just go get a new one from another planet… don’t you have like 20 of them from that Off the Grid ep… ones with DHD’s (which make them priority)… problem solved.

Can we get back to the Russian\Chinese plot please.
            Toilet ships of Doooommmmmmm. And they are fully flushable too!!
            Its only 9:40?

Landry figures out that the Russians will go with the highest bidder. Yay for him… but I still say just give them their gate back and get yourself a new one.

So every single SG-1 member is wallpaper in this ep, except Daniel who’s not even in it.
            Why wouldn’t the prior just destroy it himself? Can destroy entire planets but not one communication device?
            That guy looks like the guy from firefly, but he’s not.

Flush….down, down the drain.
            Hey, theres DANIEL…
            See’ya Mikey.
            Wow, we get staff weapons back… at least there’s that… maybe Teal’c will get one.

So we gave the Russians a ship?!? Checkov… dude… we are about to fight a galactic war… maybe a ship would be a bad thing for you, means you have to actually fight.

Spoiler:
            bet it’s a short lived victory for the Russians
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I saw an asgrad ship in that preview!!! So the Daedalus is a 304!!! So did Landry give the Russians a 304 or the plans to the 304?? Can't wait for the next episode.

Comment

Cam in a towel was worth the whole episode.
                Sybil

Comment

Wow...This weeks was kind of slow but next weeks looks awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by MarineCorp
                    I saw an asgrad ship in that preview!!! So the Daedalus is a 304!!! So did Landry give the Russians a 304 or the plans to the 304?? Can't wait for the next episode.
                    I saw the Asgard too. Unfortunately it also looked like it was going Boom. Not a good sign.
                    "The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day they start making vacuum cleaners."
                    - Ernst Jan Plugge

Comment

Originally posted by GateMan2000
                      Wow...This weeks was kind of slow but next weeks looks awesome!
                      True, it looks like they try to ambush the Ori ships as soon as they exit the supergate.

Best Stargate quote:
                      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                      Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by MarineCorp
                        a 304

Comment

Damn was a great episode. i give it a *** 1/2 or a ****.

Camelot looks like sweet ass finale, because the trailer looked sweet.

Good Director Debut for RCC (aka Robert Cooper).
                          sigpic

Comment

Kind of disappointed that we didn't get to see more of MS acting like Vala. I thought maybe Colonel Chekov (? Is that his name?) or Ms. Shen would have insisted that Daniel join them, and then hilariousness would insue. But, they probably still would have had CB playing it. But, I don't understand why they had Daniel on the screen. I mean, it let me get a little MS, but it didn't make sense, since everyone could see Vala right there in the room. The screen seemed redundant.

I'm so glad that creepy face was a two second thing. I never would have guessed that the barkeeper (man I suck at names) was really a part of the resistance.

So, is this whole thing with the Russians going somewhere? I hope so, since they brought it up, and it kind of goes back to The Scourge.
                            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Interesting ep- loved the Vala/Daniel intro in the beginning with Cam.

Yeah, Val's husband looked like Nathan Fillion...kept throwing me off... cool new staff weapons, though...

Good ep, but all in all, it just wets my appetite fro next week, with the big-ass space battle.

Oh, and Teal'c line about Anakin- priceless.

The Man

Comment

Working...
                              X