No announcement yet.

Arthur's Mantle (918)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought this was one of the best episodes so far. I enjoyed the alternate dimension thing.

I'd give this one 5 stars!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad84cnc
      I posted some screen shots from the preview at the end in this post if anybody is interested.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=24761
      Any chance of getting that fiery face? That was creepy.
      Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
        Any chance of getting that fiery face? That was creepy.
        which face?

Comment

You didn't see it? It was
          Spoiler:
          right above Vala's bed. It showed a wide shot of Vala lying in a canopy bed with flames engulfing the canopy and then focused in on the flames, and a face appeared in them.
          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Comment

my recording stop just before that. Sorry

Comment

Aw, nuts. Now I gotta wait until next week to see it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
                Aw, nuts. Now I gotta wait until next week to see it again.
                Sorry about that. I recently reinstalled everything on my computer and forgot to increase the recording time so i could get all of the preview at the end.

Comment

Three things:

-Volnek...SCARY. I don't think I ever saw anything on Stargate that disturbed me. We saw the zombies before in South America, but seeing Volnek die in the bed foaming at the mouth and Teal'cs first encounter with him AAAAAAH.

-I wonder if the anti-kull warrior weapon will be effective if we had to fight a lot of these zombies. I can't imagine blowing them up to smithereens(sp?) is efficient if there is more than one of them

-Daniel at the end, when he said key combination, I chuckled thinking it was going to be like CONTROL+ALT+DELETE but on an Ancient device Too bad it was a few presses and not a three-at-once press.

Comment

Originally posted by Dromag67
                    Why bother holding on at all at that rate?
                    Because I love Daniel more than I dislike what the show is turning into.
                    Dana Jeanne
                    Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Originally posted by Solanalos
                      Three things:

-Volnek...SCARY. I don't think I ever saw anything on Stargate that disturbed me. We saw the zombies before in South America, but seeing Volnek die in the bed foaming at the mouth and Teal'cs first encounter with him AAAAAAH.

-I wonder if the anti-kull warrior weapon will be effective if we had to fight a lot of these zombies. I can't imagine blowing them up to smithereens(sp?) is efficient if there is more than one of them

-Daniel at the end, when he said key combination, I chuckled thinking it was going to be like CONTROL+ALT+DELETE but on an Ancient device Too bad it was a few presses and not a three-at-once press.
                      I guess they had to keep some level of seriousness.

smitherines.

Comment

They're gone now... obviously. Of course they weren't our gratest allies but it kind of feels like we got some awesome ninja-types (loosely) on our side and then lose then. *sigh* Such is the ups and downs of plot world. However their destruction (if the leader -name not remembered- is truly dead) leaves behind an interesting revelation in its wake.

Their cloaking technology (salvaged from the Ancient knowledge) has now been linked back to Merlin's device. Obviously the cloaked person is not fully in the alternate dimension otherwise they would not be able to interact with with this dimension physically. Are they perhaps only existing in this alternate dimension by an odd sort of light bending that is complicated enough to span two (maybe more) dimensions? Any thoughts on the functions and any future implications this might have for us? Perhaps the cloak can be used to read Merlin's device? Not wholly of course, just the page showing.

Comment

I liked this episode. Enjoyed Sam and Cam invisible, then when Dr. Lee mistakenly made Daniel invisible. Hilarious.

All the characters (including Mitchell) was in excellent mode.

I enjoyed Teal'c's part with the Sodan (although I wished they would have written Teal'c's reaction to Sam, Cam and Daniel being invisible--that would've been hilarious).

And for the record, I don't get this 'Rambo Tealc' label. Teal'c has always been very handy as well as quick when it comes to weapons---NEVER hesitating to pull the trigger when he has to. Whether it's with a staff weapon or p-90's etc. I mean it's not like he was written out of character. He was in a life or death situation. What was he supposed to do--hand Volnek a bouquet as a peace offering?

By the way did anyone notice earlier in the episode, Teal'c was wearing a RED sleeveless shirt. I thought it was a nice change from the black he always wears.

Comment

You know what would have made this episode that much more entertaining and probably just fractionally more believable... if they'd shifted without their clothes. But I guess since they aren't falling through the floor.. it's perfectly plausible that the technology intuitively knows to take all their attached clothing but none of the furniture or miscallaneous items around them.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by ping-pong
                              And for the record, I don't get this 'Rambo Tealc' label.
                              The two guns, shooting off to the sides is a pretty new thing.
                              I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I thought that the episode was pretty good. This is the first episode ive seen of sg-1 for a couple of weeks but i enjoyed this one
                                sigpic
                                Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Working...
                                X