No announcement yet.

Arthur's Mantle (918)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, good thing scifi just told us what was going to happen in the preview or I may actually be concerned something bad just happened.

The Blue Jello thing now must be the scientist food of choice.

Seriously teal’c shirts with sleeves are your friends.

OK, let me ask, why don’t they fall through the floor, why do they have to use doors, yada yada yada ……had to ask

Talk louder Carter, that will help….you work with morons
    Strike the pose T.

Now Mitchell sounds like Mckay now.

Lee gets stupider every episode it seems.

I guess we get our Zombie…. Braiiinnnnssss

Lee is truly an idiot….. ok that was funnnyyyyyyy but I figured out what happen before Daniel did, but then I may have less faith in Lee.

Well the hope I had for the Sodan is now gone. That stinks, yet another waste of decent recurring characters.

Mitchell saves the day as always.

Well, I really wasn’t paying that much attention, but it seemed like an ok episode.
    Some funny lines, some decent action, zombies are always a plus I suppose.
    Last edited by AGateFan; 24 February 2006, 07:25 PM.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I liked this episode, it was fun while also having a serious tone. Evryone on the team had an important part to play in it, and I love Dr Lee. Also liked Gen Landry threatening Dr Lee, that was funny.

The iteraction between Daniel and Sam was good, and the expressions on Daniel's face were priceless when Dr Lee sent him out of phase, too.

I know Teal'c is a warrior, but the two-handed stance with both guns is a little too much. I've gotten used to the sleeveless T-shirt, although not my personal choice, but the two gun macho-hero man needs to be toned down. It looks rather silly, and I'd like to see Teal'c taken seriously.

That marine(?) colonel left there with Teal'c was a little whiney, Teal'c needed to smack him upside the head. Was glad when Colonel Reynolds got there, he's ideal military.

I really enjoyed the stuff between Teal'c and Mitchell. Seems they've discovered there's a real chemistry between the two of them and are playing it up, but that's fine, it works.

All in all, not a substantial story, but a good, light, entertaining episode.
      EXPLORING THE POSSIBILITIES, ONE STARGATE AT A TIME

Comment

I suppose it was alright. As someone who's seen every episode of the first 8 seasons, but skipped 3/4 of season 9 because I'm a sucker for the old team, I was... entertained for the hour. Definitely a re-make of "Crystal Skull", but I did like Mitchell in it. Daniel and Sam were perfect, though a bit... I don't know... out of character? Maybe that's what the whole season's been like, seeing as I haven't been watching, but they seemed a little too light-hearted sometimes. But that's probably just me.

Teal'C's plotline, I liked. Of course, it was a bit confusing to me since I didn't know who the heck he was talking about, but I still enjoyed it and his little bounty hunt with Mitchell.

Lee was aggravating. Is it just me, or didn't he used to be smart?

Great acting though, by everyone.

Save SG-1 and Atlantis! Watch them, don't boycott! || Banner by stargatefangurl||My LiveJournal~

Comment

Originally posted by Weir'sRedShirt

Lee was aggravating. Is it just me, or didn't he used to be smart?

Great acting though, by everyone.

yeah, dr lee used to be a good backup to sam.

sadly he seems to be reduced to comic relief

sacrifice the character for a cheap laugh
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

alterran cloak prolly duplicates the natural abilites of invisiblility of the re'tu

Comment

Solid episode, I must say. I'd definitely give it two and a half to three stars out of four. Great re-working of the "Crystal Skull" situation. Too bad for the Sodan, though. I really liked those guys too. And what was up with mister "zombie" Sodan? That was crazy (in a good way). Also, I continue to love the development of the relationship between Mitchell and Teal'c. It was awesome when Teal'c didn't even think twice about trying to hit Mitchell. I can't wait to see what next week has in store for us. The trailer looked mighty sweet. The ORI are coming!!!
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Maybe, but we don't know if the re'tu's device had this alternate dimension capability. It hasn't been tested yet. I wonder if it will be now? =0)

Comment

Personally, I don't see the problem with Mitchell calling Daniel "Jackson". Speaking as someone who's been there himself, a gung-ho military type calling someone by their last name is a sign of friendliness, not disrepect. I have close friends that I'm not sure I ever completely broke of the habit of calling me by my last name, and with the ones I'm thinking of, I really did make a concerted effort to get them to refer to me by my first name. Which is not something I think we've seen Daniel make. It's just a different mindset.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

He'll have his day, sooner or later. Mark my words.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

The episode was decent, but everything's becoming predictable on Stargate now. A lot of people are saying that they feel that the show has lost its appeal from the earlier seasons. I think the problem is that they keep using the same formula on their story development (if they go past season ten I think MGM should bring in a new creative team). I also think that all the characters are becoming too likable for their own good. I remember thinking in the earlier seasons that Jack sometimes was an ignorant ass, but then he would come around and redeem himself.

Things I feel TPTB need to think about:

Tone down Mitchell. His overenthusiastic attitude towards life threatning situations is just making the storyline less believable. The mocking of the bad guys is also getting old, seems the writers lost the meaning of word subtle somewhere along the way.

Make recurring characters useful to the storyline. Bill Dow's character in this episode was a joke. I like that character and the humor that it brings to the show, but they just overdid it. Believing that someone who makes that many mistakes is employed in such important organization is ridiculous.

Sorry about the rant, but I just wanted to throw some thoughts out there.
                      Last edited by darman; 24 February 2006, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Ok...I'm posting before reading the others. I gave it a good. I'd really love to give it an excellent, but I have to love the whole episode to give it that. I'm sorry though, after 9 years, Jaffa stories still bore the heck out of me and the Sodan are right there with them. I ended up f/f thru them. I love Teal'c to death so I feel bad.

As for the phasing part of the episode....Excellent! I totally loved it. For once Mitchell's silly one liners didn't bother me too much. I even got a smirk out of one or two of them. Though, I do have a few complaints about him this episode (not surprised...huh?) The scene with Daniel and Landry where Mitchell was acting stupid and throwing his arms up in the air. What's with that and his constant turning in circles? I notice he does that alot. The other thing that bugged me, why did he go off world? To what purpose would that have served? He was out of phase FCOL and Sam was trying to fix it, what if the device didn't work over light years? They needed to stick together. Again, Mitchell went off on his own to play the hero. No suprise their. Oh...and did he get to play the hero? No, it was Teal'c who had to save is a**.

Loved Sam and Daniel in this one. I really loved how they reacted when they finally saw each other. I also loved how they worked together with Dr. Lee in the background....gotta love him. Sam's expression when Walter didn't know what to do was priceless too. She is so awesome these days. I guess I do see Jack in her now, but I don't mind it. It seems to fit.

Overall it was a great episode. The whole Merlin working out of phase to develop a weapon against the Ancients is interesting. Though I'm a huge Arthurian fan and Merlin being my favorite character (besides Lancelot) and I don't want him to be a bad guy in this...so I'm a little worried. I mean, why would he want to destroy the Ancients? I really don't understand that part. But it is convenient that there is a weapon now to help them destroy the Ori.

I left happy. Now I'm off to watch Trip...uhh...I meant Michael

Comment

this eps is yet another A&P special. Alan McCullough who seems to like to write mitch as a bit silly and OTT and super enthusiastic. And Peter Deluise who seems to agree and perpetrate this characterization

yes, mitch's quips weren't quite so out of place as they've been in the past, but he does need to chill out and calm down. A&P seem to like him manic and he's almost like rodney mckay on atlantis. a little of the manic action goes a long, long way
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I liked it. Mostly. I've learned to ignore the not falling through the floor thing, since going out of phase is becoming a sci-fi staple.

I liked the interactions between the characters. I liked poor frustrated Sam trying to get the gate techs to figure out what had happened. Reminded me of how I yell at the TV to get characters to do what I want them to. I loved her expressions when they didn't get it.

I liked the interplay between Mitchell and Sam when they were first out-of-phased. I'm glad someone finally mentioned Cam's obsession with SG1's old reports.

Dr. Lee needs to stop watching Disney movies.

Daniel was awesome. I love 'teacher' Daniel, quizzing Landry. I loved his reactions to Dr. Lee (though I wish they wouldn't make Lee such an idiot.)

I loved Sam and Daniel when he first went out of phase.

Mitchell's coversation...one sided...with Landry confused me. Even though I heard the Ghost refrence, I didn't get the "We need a whoopie" comment, till someone on another thread explained it to me. All I could think of was 'making whoopie' from the old Newlywed game, and got a horrible flash of Landry/Cam ship.

I didn't really like killing off the Sodan so quickly. And in theory, I hate, hate the Ori Zombies. BUT, whatever his name was reminded me so much of the 'zombies' in 28 Days Later that I was well and truly creeped out.

Why were the guys with Teal'c wearing desert camo footwear? I kept thinking they were barefoot, and it was disturbing.

Mitchell didn't annoy me till the very end. That's a good thing. I thought they dragged the 'Mitchell loves food' gag on way too long, but other than that, he didn't bother me too much.

I did roll my eyes at his insistance on going to 'save' Teal'c when he was out of phase and couldn't do anything to actually help. But it wasn't till the end, when he was running for the claymores and STOPPED to taunt Zombie guy that he really bugged me. That was way too much grandstanding, and "Aren't I just so clever." There was no reason to stop. Valnek(?) was following him. He would have hit the claymores without Mitchell amusing himself.

And Mitchell's amusing himself then put himself in danger, from which Teal'c then had to rescue him.

I did like the interplay between Sam and Daniel about Cam going off on his own again. I'm glad that the other characters seem annoyed by this character trait of Cameron's as well. I also wonder if that was part of the reason Teal'c didn't hesitate to try to slug him. Even if he knew it wouldn't actually hurt him, it seemed to bother Cam, and maybe that was the point.

I don't think Merlin's weapon is going to work, because aren't the Ori supposed to be the baddies next season as well? But don't tell me, I am a reformed spoiler-lover, and have done well with being unspoiled.

Oh, and I forgot, Colonel Reynolds was there! And he was snarky. Go Reynolds! I rather like him. I worry for him, though, the rate they're killing off recurring characters.

Comment

What was it in, "Resurrection", I think, where I really liked him. He was funny, but the kind of funny you expected from Stargate, not this new "hilarious" the-fumbling-scientist kind of funny. *disappointed*

Save SG-1 and Atlantis! Watch them, don't boycott! || Banner by stargatefangurl||My LiveJournal~

Comment

yes, mitch's quips weren't quite so out of place as they've been in the past, but he does need to chill out and calm down. A&P seem to like him manic and he's almost like rodney mckay on atlantis. a little of the manic action goes a long, long way
                                Personally, I loved it when Mitchell gave the touchdown signal when Daniel finally came to the realization that him and Carter could still be on the base. I thought it was just really well-timed. He's done lots of little things that I've absolutely loved this season. I'll concede though that he can, on occasion, be a little over-the-top.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X