Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Arthur's Mantle (918)

Two thumbs down and both feet. Stupid, ridiculous episode and someone please shoot Mitchell for me. Or stuff something in his impatient, know-it-all MOUTH.

Crsytal Skull did it first and much, much better.

Started out bad: previously on... was all Mitchell.

What's with Mr Rambo Teal'c and his two handed guns lately? And that sleeveless T-shirt has gotten really really really old.

There were bits I liked-- Daniel and Sam were adorable. Liked them trying to translate the ancient, one letter at a time.

For some reason they seem to be writing Bill Lee more and more inept which sucks.

I LOATHE Mitchell calling Daniel "Jackson."

Mitchell doesn't belong on SG-1 or even in the SGC. He's a hot-headed, arrogant twit who seems to think he's God's gift to the SGC. Don't like him. Get rid of him PLEASE.

I'm tired of seeing all our allies continually killed off. Not that I cared about the Sodan since I find the Jaffa stuff BORING, but still.

Next week's preview? I'm sure we can all be forgiven for thinking they're going to be showing FARGATE next friday night.

Pfffhtttt.

I'm so hanging on to this show by a CRACKING fingernail.

Dana Jeanne

Quote Originally Posted by Dana_Jeanne
    Two thumbs down and both feet. Stupid, ridiculous episode and someone please shoot Mitchell for me. Or stuff something in his impatient, know-it-all MOUTH.

Crsytal Skull did it first and much, much better.

Started out bad: previously on... was all Mitchell.

What's with Mr Rambo Teal'c and his two handed guns lately? And that sleeveless T-shirt has gotten really really really old.

There were bits I liked-- Daniel and Sam were adorable. Liked them trying to translate the ancient, one letter at a time.

For some reason they seem to be writing Bill Lee more and more inept which sucks.

I LOATHE Mitchell calling Daniel "Jackson."

Mitchell doesn't belong on SG-1 or even in the SGC. He's a hot-headed, arrogant twit who seems to think he's God's gift to the SGC. Don't like him. Get rid of him PLEASE.

I'm tired of seeing all our allies continually killed off. Not that I cared about the Sodan since I find the Jaffa stuff BORING, but still.

Next week's preview? I'm sure we can all be forgiven for thinking they're going to be showing FARGATE next friday night.

Pfffhtttt.

I'm so hanging on to this show by a CRACKING fingernail.

Dana Jeanne

Why bother holding on at all at that rate?
    I'm proud to be an American.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...daowned4gx.gif
    "...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Right next to the Stargate, the one I made.

Earth Symbol Re: Arthur's Mantle (918)

I loved it. It was teriffic from start to finish. From Mitchell's hankering for hash browns, to the explanation of alternate dimensions vs. alternate realities to Daniel getting stuck also to the final explosion.

I loved the parts where Daniel was working with Carter to tediously translate the Ancient writing one word at a time, especially when he was scanning with his finger and she wasn't even paying attention.

I thought the part with Mierden (Merlin) was rather eye-opening also. A weapon that can actually harm Ascended beings? That's big!

The part with the Sodan was creepy. From the second I saw the guy and heard him growling while in cloaked mode, I immediately thought "Telchak device". The fact that Priors now also have the ability to turn people into drooling zombies is something that I thought they couldn't make work. Well, they made it work!

I give this episode a 5 out of 5 stars. Perfectly setting up for the season finale. Can't wait until next week!
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

http://i2.tinypic.com/20gmk8w.jpg
    Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Loved this episod!! 5 stars! It was one of those episodes I found myself laughing really hard. Especially the poking scenes haha.

The Teal'c stuff was awesome too and he usually bores me, but it went together well and he was kicking mikta.

I posted some screen shots from the preview at the end in this post if anybody is interested.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=24761

I thought this was one of the best episodes so far. I enjoyed the alternate dimension thing.

I'd give this one 5 stars!

Quote Originally Posted by Brad84cnc
    I posted some screen shots from the preview at the end in this post if anybody is interested.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=24761
    Any chance of getting that fiery face? That was creepy.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel's_twin
    Any chance of getting that fiery face? That was creepy.
    which face?

You didn't see it? It was
    Spoiler:
    right above Vala's bed. It showed a wide shot of Vala lying in a canopy bed with flames engulfing the canopy and then focused in on the flames, and a face appeared in them.

my recording stop just before that. Sorry

Aw, nuts. Now I gotta wait until next week to see it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel's_twin
    Aw, nuts. Now I gotta wait until next week to see it again.
    Sorry about that. I recently reinstalled everything on my computer and forgot to increase the recording time so i could get all of the preview at the end.

Three things:

-Volnek...SCARY. I don't think I ever saw anything on Stargate that disturbed me. We saw the zombies before in South America, but seeing Volnek die in the bed foaming at the mouth and Teal'cs first encounter with him AAAAAAH.

-I wonder if the anti-kull warrior weapon will be effective if we had to fight a lot of these zombies. I can't imagine blowing them up to smithereens(sp?) is efficient if there is more than one of them

-Daniel at the end, when he said key combination, I chuckled thinking it was going to be like CONTROL+ALT+DELETE but on an Ancient device Too bad it was a few presses and not a three-at-once press.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromag67
    Why bother holding on at all at that rate?
    Because I love Daniel more than I dislike what the show is turning into.
    Dana Jeanne

Quote Originally Posted by Solanalos
    Three things:

-Volnek...SCARY. I don't think I ever saw anything on Stargate that disturbed me. We saw the zombies before in South America, but seeing Volnek die in the bed foaming at the mouth and Teal'cs first encounter with him AAAAAAH.

-I wonder if the anti-kull warrior weapon will be effective if we had to fight a lot of these zombies. I can't imagine blowing them up to smithereens(sp?) is efficient if there is more than one of them

-Daniel at the end, when he said key combination, I chuckled thinking it was going to be like CONTROL+ALT+DELETE but on an Ancient device Too bad it was a few presses and not a three-at-once press.
    I guess they had to keep some level of seriousness.

smitherines.

Default The Sodan: (SPOILERS Arthur's Mantle) Implications and consequences

They're gone now... obviously. Of course they weren't our gratest allies but it kind of feels like we got some awesome ninja-types (loosely) on our side and then lose then. *sigh* Such is the ups and downs of plot world. However their destruction (if the leader -name not remembered- is truly dead) leaves behind an interesting revelation in its wake.

Their cloaking technology (salvaged from the Ancient knowledge) has now been linked back to Merlin's device. Obviously the cloaked person is not fully in the alternate dimension otherwise they would not be able to interact with with this dimension physically. Are they perhaps only existing in this alternate dimension by an odd sort of light bending that is complicated enough to span two (maybe more) dimensions? Any thoughts on the functions and any future implications this might have for us? Perhaps the cloak can be used to read Merlin's device? Not wholly of course, just the page showing.

Staff Sergeant

I liked this episode. Enjoyed Sam and Cam invisible, then when Dr. Lee mistakenly made Daniel invisible. Hilarious.

All the characters (including Mitchell) was in excellent mode.

I enjoyed Teal'c's part with the Sodan (although I wished they would have written Teal'c's reaction to Sam, Cam and Daniel being invisible--that would've been hilarious).

And for the record, I don't get this 'Rambo Tealc' label. Teal'c has always been very handy as well as quick when it comes to weapons---NEVER hesitating to pull the trigger when he has to. Whether it's with a staff weapon or p-90's etc. I mean it's not like he was written out of character. He was in a life or death situation. What was he supposed to do--hand Volnek a bouquet as a peace offering?

By the way did anyone notice earlier in the episode, Teal'c was wearing a RED sleeveless shirt. I thought it was a nice change from the black he always wears.

You know what would have made this episode that much more entertaining and probably just fractionally more believable... if they'd shifted without their clothes. But I guess since they aren't falling through the floor.. it's perfectly plausible that the technology intuitively knows to take all their attached clothing but none of the furniture or miscallaneous items around them.
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a4...l/07e875d8.jpg
    "You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by ping-pong
    And for the record, I don't get this 'Rambo Tealc' label.
    The two guns, shooting off to the sides is a pretty new thing.
    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

I thought that the episode was pretty good. This is the first episode ive seen of sg-1 for a couple of weeks but i enjoyed this one

Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast