No announcement yet.

The Scourge (917)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This episode, to me, was fair at its best. Sam seemed to be more "Sam" which I loved.

The bugs reminded too much of the replicators (I hate bugs when the crawl all over like that---EEEWWWW!).

I was sure that the dude with the glasses was going to turn out to be a bad guy...was waiting for it the whole episode!

Woolsey---I liked him in this one and especially that he finally found some respect for SG-1, thanks to Sam!!!

Yes, Teal'c, what's with the shirt?

And this won't surprise anyone that knows me---I really miss Jack. Even in this episode a bit of his wacky sense of humor would have gone a long way!
    Desperate Thunker

Comment

[QUOTE=Red Tigress]I just saw these bugs, and it served as a reminder for watching every horrible X-Files episode with bugs. Fortunetly for me, there weren't any pussing boils or bloody carcasses left behind, which is just one more reason I prefer Stargate to X-files as my SciFi show of choice.
      ================================================================================ ====================================
      They had better and more believable bugs in "The Mummy"

Comment

I won't go into what I thought of the episode, but does anyone else notice everytime they introduce a young low rank soldier they turn into redshirts? As soon as I saw the two guys leaving the base with SG-1 I was all "yep, they're totally going to die".

Comment

Mitchell wasn't goofy this week - he played a good officer, down to business, with a few fun "lines" here and there. Plus he speaks Chinese. I like the character and feel he fits in now, and I like his interactions with Teal'c.

Sam and Woolsey - thumbs up for that. Will also be interesting to see if TPTB follow up with the Chinese angle for the Stargate.

"Starship Troopers" - best line of the night. Talk about a bug nightmare! *LOL*

I give it a B+. It dragged a bit at times, but it was fun overall.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I really enjoyed this ep. Mitchell was back to being his smart professional self but still retained the things I find charming about him. I thought the bugs were creepy and suspenseful. SOme of the best suspense came from the scenes where we don't see them, which is when bugs are probably the creepiest because they could be anywhere. The bug crawling inside the guy's neck was especially icky.

I think my favorite part of this ep was that all the characters got their moments and the moments were really good. Daniel with the Chinese scientist. Sam with Woolsey. Teal'c and Mitchell together. Mitchell arguing with Daniel and then Teal'c saying he wished he's taken the tour. LOL Teal'c gets some of the best lines. I also loved the way Mitchell could understand what was being said about him in Chinese. LOL

THe beam up ending didn't bother me because they'd sent out a signal so you knew they'd get picked up any moment. It was a little cheesy that it happened just as the bugs were about to touch them, but it was also exciting, so it didn't bug me too much.

Overall, a fun ep.

Comment

Yay, I am happy to say that I really enjoyed this episode.

I am all about team episodes. Loved the team interaction. And I get a kick out of the Mitchell-Teal'c stuff. They have movie night.

Mitchell was back to his slighty goofy, but still likeable self. Whew.

Everyone had some nice bits to do--

Sam and Woolsey--you go, Girl.

Daniel and the Chinese rep--good stuff.

Teal'c was cool throughout.

OK, so bug plots are a little cheesy, but with the other good stuff in the episode, I don't care. And the bugs gave me the creepy crawlies when they swarmed out of people--ewww.

I liked SGA tonight too, so I am a happy Stargate fan.
              Jace

When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people.

Abraham Joshua Heschel

Comment

This was an okay episode for me. Like others, some of the interactions really made the show. Sam (and Amanda Tapping) was fabulous with Woolsey (and I have always liked Richard Picardo--hope we see him again in season 10), and she was great at the end, having to tell everyone the reality of their situation. I also liked the interactions with Daniel and the Chinese embassador, and with Teal'c and Mitchell.

The actual episode was okay, but not great for me, simply because the storyline wasn't very compelling. I'd say a rewatch episode though. And the direction was very good.

Comment

I LIKED this episode! for the first time in the second half of this season I was entertained completely. I liked the use of the "Mummy" bugs...and Sam and Woosely's interactions were great! I like how Teal'c and Mitchell seem to be getting to know each other. And less Mitchell banter was better IMO. I saw the team come together, work together and find a solution...all while keeping their collective wits about them...and how else did we think they would be rescued? of course by the beaming tech. isn't that why we now have it? for these sticky situations? and Woosley...kudos to Robert Picardo for giving us a character we all love to hate. He has a good side about him...we need to see a bit more of that.

I am not the kind of fan who really gives a sh*t about the inconsistencies, plot holes, the reuse of sets and tech...I want to be entertained for an hour, not deliberate the "what ifs and why's" of each episode.

I give this episode an 8/10.

Comment

I certainly wasn't expecting much but I really enjoyed this episode.

Thought the tension and pacing was good and everyone was in character and had something to do in the episode. And the team seemed really nervous about the bugs - as opposed to the rather blase attitude they've had way too often this year (usually while spouting weak one-liners).

I liked Sam in this episode a lot - being all sciency, working the problem and also being frank and tough with Woolsey. I've liked Sam a lot in the last half of the season, actually. Daniel was being very "Danielly" when he was talking to the Chinese dignitary and there were some interesting comments there about China's interest in the Stargate program. Probably not going anywhere but for a moment it seemed like some foreshadowing of things to come and I got caught up wondering about potential storylines there. Also a funny moment at the beginning when Mitchell surprised Daniel with his knowledge of Chinese.

Teal'c/Mitchell, Mitchell/Daniel....all these dynamics seemed more natural in this episode than in others I've seen this year. Teal'c and Mitchell are especially interesting and I enjoyed their chats.

Of course I'm personally very squicked out by bugs so maybe that's why I thought the episode was better than usual. Watching those bugs wiggle around under the skin makes my skin crawl. A little cheesy - sure - but they squick me out more than the Ori do.

Not the most original story - every scifi show has a "bad bugs" episode sooner or later. And the "beaming up just in time" at the end just made me roll my eyes after seeing the same type of rescue in last week's show.

BUT........I actually enjoyed the hour. And laughed at the Starship Troopers reference. And didn't cringe at Mitchell being too goofy and OTT. As Foolish Pleasure said - he was being a good officer this week. Had good ideas, played well with his teammates, etc.
                    Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
                      This episode, to me, was fair at its best. Sam seemed to be more "Sam" which I loved.
                      Always a good thing.
                      The bugs reminded too much of the replicators (I hate bugs when the crawl all over like that---EEEWWWW!).
                      Reminded me more of the scarab beetles in The Mummy, which made it a bit of a downer: Been there before.
                      I was sure that the dude with the glasses was going to turn out to be a bad guy...was waiting for it the whole episode!
                      The typical French stereotype. His name may has well been Douche Bag.
                      Woolsey---I liked him in this one and especially that he finally found some respect for SG-1, thanks to Sam!!!
                      HE seems to always be trying to play both ends against the middle. It's not working for me.
                      And this won't surprise anyone that knows me---I really miss Jack. Even in this episode a bit of his wacky sense of humor would have gone a long way!
                      Yea, I'm also sure Teal'c could have told O'neill to shut his mouth so as not to draw the attention of the bugs in a more candid and funny way.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

It was a good episode, except for the Obvious mistake they made in one of the scenes

Comment

Originally posted by sindicate
                          It was a good episode, except for the Obvious mistake they made in one of the scenes
                          Its only obvious when its obvious.... so can you clue me in, I sometimes miss the obvious.
                          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

This was surprisingly a good episode. And finally Woolsy stopped acting like a wienieeeeee.

the comedy was great. Teal'c, "I think i will watch Old School." Mitchell, " your my boy blue" I enjoyed the refrences to the tealc getting his own place and last seasons debacle.

but i have to say having the spaceship whizzing in every time to beam the team from danger is getting old.
                            Get YOUR P90 Here!
                            Am i alone in hoping that the Seaquest seasons with the DeLuise brothers are finally released on dvd??

Nice hair!!

Comment

OOPS! I forgot to ask if anyone was getting a little tired of the Oddyssey showing up just in the nick of time to bale out SG-1. So how's that playing for the rest of you?

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                                Its only obvious when its obvious.... so can you clue me in, I sometimes miss the obvious.

The Scene where they show the Odyssey on the way, the Structure With all the Antennas (Comm Array?) on the top was on the right hand side in this Episode, in "Off the Grid" it was on the Left, the Daedalus's is also on the left

Comment

Working...
                                X