• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst episode ever.
    Don't green it unless you mean it.

Comment

Umm...conservation of mass anyone?

I mean, I know you have to be pretty forgiving about scientific inaccuracies as a fan of Stargate. But usually they at least come up with a line or two of technobabble to explain things like this away. How do they create that many bugs on only a small bit of meatloaf? Just..no.

This episode came off like a B-horror flick. Heck, this came off like a scifi channel original movie with slightly better acting and much bigger budget.

[comic book guy]Worst...episode..ever.[/comic book guy]

Comment

I think this is my least favorite stargate ep i have seen in years :/

Comment

Did anybody catch the Starship Troopers reference? Especially with Michael Ironside guest starring in only 2 episodes? I wonder if the writers knew that he would be guest starring when they wrote it.

Ace

P.S. I love Michael Ironside... great actor. He made Starship Troopers worth seeing several times
          "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

I can't rate it for the "worst episode ever" slot. That honor (so to speak) belongs to The Ties that Bind.

I liked some aspects and hated others...fairly typical of my Season 9 sentiments overall and this is the first season I can remember where this is the norm rather than the exception.

I'm still thinking out my feelings on this episode and may come back to post my thoughts if I feel compelled to do so. (I know, you're all giddy in anticipation)

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Judging by the lack of complaints on this thread I'd say this episode was a good one over all with the GW forum viewers.

Comment

I have to say it wasnt all that bad... I think it was kind of boring and almost seemed like they where saving money by just showing SG-1 shooting the ground for most of the episode.... maybe beacuse they saving for the big space battle the last episode will bring

Another thing... What was the chinese thing all about that chick seemed extreamly confident that China was going to have control of the gate... i didnt get that really.

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

Originally posted by tony

Another thing... What was the chinese thing all about that chick seemed extreamly confident that China was going to have control of the gate... i didnt get that really.
                  1. This is going nowhere, so why bother elaborating.

Or

2. This is leading up to something, and they're not divulging exactly what so that it can be slowly brought up later.
                  I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Such hostility toward this ep. Very discouraging. Personally, I really enjoyed this one. Yeah, the plot wasn't too original. But come on, what really is nowadays. I think it was handled well. To me, it felt a little like some of the past SG-1 eps. I really like how the team has come together. The talk between Mitchell and Teal'c was nice to see as well. Really though, I loved the ending. They were going to have movie night. Nice to know they all still get together just like when O'Neill was a part of the team. Overall, I'd give it a three out of four stars.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Anyone wanna take a crack at translating the conversation between Daniel and the Chinese representative? I'm no expert (really), all I know is that what Mitchell says at the end is "screw you" (or somesuch).

I love it when Danny shows off. It's good to be reminded occasionally that he was a LINGUIST before he turned into a hard-a$$ soldier.
                      YAY DANCING BANANAS!!!

Hallowed Are The Moderators

Kate Hewlett's blog

A Dog's Breakfast official site

37.47535% - Major Geek How geeky are you?

Comment

Originally posted by kelmah
                        Anyone wanna take a crack at translating the conversation between Daniel and the Chinese representative? I'm no expert (really), all I know is that what Mitchell says at the end is "screw you" (or somesuch).

I love it when Danny shows off. It's good to be reminded occasionally that he was a LINGUIST before he turned into a hard-a$$ soldier.
                        I thought it was awesome that Cam knew what the two of them were saying. It was like "Ha, bet you didn't know I knew how to speak Chinese." I was LMAO on that one.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Something else I thought off... I thought that nobody could beam anything off that planet. That's one of the reasons they chose the planet as a research base, so the planet's stargate couldn't get stolen. Something to do with the ionized atmosphere?!? Right...

Did I miss something?

Ace
                          "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

This is a "rough" translation: She asks Daniel how the new colonel is doing, and he says that they haven't thrown him out yet.

That's as literal a translation as I'm able to come up with.
                            EXPLORING THE POSSIBILITIES, ONE STARGATE AT A TIME

Comment

Originally posted by star47
                              This is a "rough" translation: She asks Daniel how the new colonel is doing, and he says that they haven't thrown him out yet.

That's as literal a translation as I'm able to come up with.
                              Well if that's correct, thank you for the translation.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

After they mentioned the Odyssey, I switched the channel.

Stargate has become so pathetically predictable.

I didn't have high hopes for this episode anyways.

Comment

Working...
                                X