No announcement yet.

Off The Grid (916)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. The Lucien Alliance are still at the stage where they have more cheese on them than the average pizza.

2. And Nerus could also have a suitably large pizza named after him.

3. Have to say the basic idea behind this ep is a solid one though - stealing Stargates is certainly an original way to provide jeopardy.

4. Suspect Teal'c was being sarcastic at the end there.

OK ep if you can live with a load of cheese.
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

"Undercover Rawhide"....just about sums it up....leather, laughs and a break from the intense Ori situation....I enjoyed it...but maybe I'm biased because Michael Shanks does the Leather Look so well...

Deeds xx
      sigpic
      Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
      MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

For the most part this epiosde is kind of boring. The whole corn as a drug seems kind of like something out of a comic book movie. Mitchell being able to pose as a buyer is laughable. I can not fathom how he thought he thought he was capable of being able fool the Lucian Alliance. What I really dislike over any thing is how we quickly got a replacement so fast. It was so sad seeing the Prometheus blowing up that the emergence of the Odyssey so fast just cheapens the previous ships destruction. The only upside is Landry deviousness in outsmarting a Goa'uld and I even liked the storyline of Ba'al stealing gates. The circumstance surronding that story were just undesirable.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          For the most part this epiosde is kind of boring. The whole corn as a drug seems kind of like something out of a comic book movie. Mitchell being able to pose as a buyer is laughable. I can not fathom how he thought he thought he was capable of being able fool the Lucian Alliance. What I really dislike over any thing is how we quickly got a replacement so fast. It was so sad seeing the Prometheus blowing up that the emergence of the Odyssey so fast just cheapens the previous ships destruction. The only upside is Landry deviousness in outsmarting a Goa'uld and I even liked the storyline of Ba'al stealing gates. The circumstance surronding that story were just undesirable.
          Actually, the Prometheus was still in commission when the Daedelus was created, so we had two ships. The Odyssey was likely being built as soon as the Daedelus was commissioned, and then was on its shakedown cruise at the time of "Ethon" and "Off the Grid". So, while it was sad to lose Prometheus and Pendergast, we still wind up with two working ships. Which were soon joined by the Apollo, and then the short-lived Russian ship and the Chinese ship, the Sun-Tsu.

And I heartily agree with the bits about Mitchell thinking he was the only one qualified to act as a smuggler/drug runner/etc. If none of the others were suitable to do so, then he was sooo not suitable to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by CrackedButter View Post
            There also doesn't seem to be a sense of fear amongst the SG team (or John Shepherd when captured and questioned by the wraith queen) when they are captured. The best capture scene was when Jackson and Doctor Lee were captured that time in South America looking for that artifact, I remember saying to myself that they were more believable than when the Jaffa use to capture them. Maybe because it can really happen in South America or that their performances as actors were better? I don't know but it sticks in my mind.
            I just want to say I agree.. I can't recall in any of the episodes a more real looking danger then daniel jackson/fellow scientist and the kidnappers.. they seemed pretty bad before they got hocked up on the alien device.. they didn't really need it (to be badder)

And yes, I know your post is 6 years old..

Comment

Last post three years ago - am I the only one watching SG1 now??
              Nice leather look and I think Mitchell was qualified for the business - I enjoyed it.
              Nice last second rescue.
              Hollowed are the Ori - oh,no, that's wrong here.
              Hollowed is the beaming technology.
              CARPE DIEM
              ANJA

Comment

Most of us have seen these episode years ago
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Most of us have seen these episode years ago
                  Yes, lucky you. I almost guessed that. Well, not me when I came home then in the evening Stargate was over. So I got the DVDs - one after another as presents from my generous brother. And - most important - the Internet came to me only two years ago, consequently I started to post here after I had revealed its secrets - satisfying???
                  CARPE DIEM
                  ANJA

Comment

OK - is this the worst ever episode of stargate? wow - an episode about corn...
                    Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
                    Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

Nah. That honor belongs to Urgo
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Nah. That honor belongs to Urgo
                        Ah yes - now that you remind me there is a lower bar...
                        Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
                        Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

Well, Urgo was funny, I liked Grace less!
                          CARPE DIEM
                          ANJA

Comment

It wasn't funny. He was annoying
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Bubbeleh Bubbleleh
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                              MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

The Urgo episode was one of the very funny ones for me! Just a few lines from the episode for good measure:

- One man's ceiling is another man's floor
                                - Don't run with scissors?
                                - Au revoir it's French. It means ciao

Also, the scene with Teal'c chugging an entire pot of coffee. And more

Comment

Working...
                                X